Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Working fine on my end. Seems that they finally fixed the bug where clearing one Mail notification would end up clearing ALL of them at the same time, which has been my only real complain for the past year
Are you using an apple email address? If so there's no delay when you open mail to get new emails?

And what about the Reminders sync Issue between mac and iPhone?

vinegarshots

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2018
Are you using an apple email address? If so there's no delay when you open mail to get new emails?

And what about the Reminders sync Issue between mac and iPhone?

Gmail, Exchange, and iCloud emails. Three accounts.

No delay happening at all.

And I dont have any issue syncing reminders between my iMac Pro and iPhone either...

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
Email appears to be working for me again with the stock email app since upgrading last night to iOS14. I sent myself test emails last night and everyone of them came through. Today I am in the office, we will see how it goes.

Reactions: HappyIntro

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
It's faster but still has an obvious lag for me....?

Also all emails still getting cleared from view then refreshed?

Reactions: scouser75

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I've never had any issues with Reminders syncing from iOS, iPadOS & macOS. We are talking about the new Reminders introduced last year of course. The old Reminders was all screwed up.

I am still using a pretty old reminders not having upgraded last year and this year and have seen no problems.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I've always had the Handoff setting on, and I've always seen various suggestions between devices. If you definitely had it turned off before, then maybe it was like the issue where people's bluetooth got turned on when a new iOS update installed a couple years ago.

It's only devices using the same AppleID, I think?
I've never had any issues with Reminders syncing from iOS, iPadOS & macOS. We are talking about the new Reminders introduced last year of course. The old Reminders was all screwed up.
I am still using a pretty old reminders not having upgraded last year and this year and have seen no problems.
Try this guys :

* add a reminder on your phone and set a date and time. This will sync to your phone.

* once you receive the alert, from your phone or mac delay the reminder by an hour.

* then, from your Mac change the date and time for that reminder.

* after a few minutes, go to the Reminders app on your phone and check the date and time. Chances are, the dste, time or both will be out of sync with your msc.

Note : this only seems to happen on Apple accounts.

vinegarshots

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2018
Try this guys :

* add a reminder on your phone and set a date and time. This will sync to your phone.

* once you receive the alert, from your phone or mac delay the reminder by an hour.

* then, from your Mac change the date and time for that reminder.

* after a few minutes, go to the Reminders app on your phone and check the date and time. Chances are, the dste, time or both will be out of sync with your msc.

Note : this only seems to happen on Apple accounts.

I followed these steps exactly, and the new time for the reminder synced to my phone within a matter of seconds of changing it on the iMac.....

Reactions: GlenK and scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I followed these steps exactly, and the new time for the reminder synced to my phone within a matter of seconds of changing it on the iMac.....
Thanks for trying that. I have a feeling it could be as I'm using the old reminders app as I'm still on El Capitan!

Oh well, all I need to do is keep my phone on me and change reminders on my phone rather than my Mac.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Thanks for trying that. I have a feeling it could be as I'm using the old reminders app as I'm still on El Capitan!

Oh well, all I need to do is keep my phone on me and change reminders on my phone rather than my Mac.

If you are using the new Reminders on your phone and old reminders on your Mac, that is probably why you are having issues. The new & old don't work good together. In order to use the new on all devices, we had to upgrade our databases I remember. And it puts you on a totally new Reminders with sub-tasks and more...

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
If you are using the new Reminders on your phone and old reminders on your Mac, that is probably why you are having issues. The new & old don't work good together. In order to use the new on all devices, we had to upgrade our databases I remember. And it puts you on a totally new Reminders with sub-tasks and more...
Nope. I'm using old and old. Old on the Mac. And old on the iPhone.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009
Yes it’s fixed in iOS 14 - by allowing Outlook to be the default mail app
I’m finding even the outlook app doesn’t update at times unless I open it up. Exchange email has just become completely unreliable and I don’t know whether it’s an Apple or Microsoft issue.

Reactions: serpico007

serpico007

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2017
I use both Mail and Outlook and it feels nothing updates until I open the apps. Here we go again.

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
I’m finding even the outlook app doesn’t update at times unless I open it up. Exchange email has just become completely unreliable and I don’t know whether it’s an Apple or Microsoft issue.
I noticed delayed Outlook updates on my iPad which I recently updated to iOS 14. Outlook on my iPhone with iOS 13.7 updates consistently. Unfortunately there’s no way to downgrade. It’s probably the new push mechanism in iOS 14 rather than outlook itself

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I'm still having that incredibly frustrating issue with Reminders not syncing. I now also have another annoying issue where mail between my Mac Pro, iPhone and iPad done sync. I have a different number of emails in each device! So I now have no choice but to use only my iPhone for my mail other wise things would get incredibly confusing!

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I'm still having that incredibly frustrating issue with Reminders not syncing. I now also have another annoying issue where mail between my Mac Pro, iPhone and iPad done sync. I have a different number of emails in each device! So I now have no choice but to use only my iPhone for my mail other wise things would get incredibly confusing!

They fixed this problem for me a long time ago - it also took deleting everything and re-downloading off of iCloud. I'm using an older version of Notes and Reminders though - I actually don't recall which version I'm using but the added features weren't interesting enough for me to upgrade and I'm running High Sierra on one of my old Macs and don't want incompatibility problems between macOS and iOS.

I rely on Notes and Reminders quite heavily so it would be extremely annoying to me if they didn't sync.

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
Also use older version of notes and reminders because I have frozen my mac mini on mojave. No problems across my phone, ipad and mac.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I too am using the older version of notes but still no luck for me. Even this morning I thought I'd give mail a try again but it's still giving me issues. Not syncing between my phone and Mac.

I'm just waiting till later this year and will finally upgrade my trusted old beast for a MBP where all these issues *should* go away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.