Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Update on Reminders:

Reminders sync is now totally messed up again. Even worse than before! If you amend a Reminder date, time or delay it for another time or day (remind me later) on your Mac, when it syncs across to your iPhone the date doesn't change at all and the reminder remains on the same day you originally set it for. BUT the time changes to a few minutes after the original time set! Does this make sense??? I set a reminder to call someone today at 15:00. But needed to now call them on Monday. So I reset the date on my Mac to Monday at 15:00. However, the date changed on my Mac BUT on my phone the reminder remained for today but for 15:03!!!!!!

RUBBISH!

Reactions: Rok73

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
Update on Reminders:

Reminders sync is now totally messed up again. Even worse than before! If you amend a Reminder date, time or delay it for another time or day (remind me later) on your Mac, when it syncs across to your iPhone the date doesn't change at all and the reminder remains on the same day you originally set it for. BUT the time changes to a few minutes after the original time set! Does this make sense??? I set a reminder to call someone today at 15:00. But needed to now call them on Monday. So I reset the date on my Mac to Monday at 15:00. However, the date changed on my Mac BUT on my phone the reminder remained for today but for 15:03!!!!!!

RUBBISH!

Yea, same here. Reminder changes rarely sync between my iPad, iPhone, Macs, if at all. Super annoying. Seamless. LOL

Reactions: scouser75

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Am I the only one who thinks Mail is alright?
No, not the only one. I think it’s just fine and works well for me too. And my Reminders sync quickly too. But if there were issues, I’d be pretty frustrated so I understand the stress it’s causing some users.

Reactions: Helmsley

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
Am I the only one who thinks Mail is alright?

No. There are over 1.5 billion iOS devices. Even if the 3rd party mail apps get a few million downloads per year its still a fraction of a percent. So 99% or more of people out there use the Mail app.

You cant gauge this off a tech geek forum either.

Last edited:

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Even with the remaining problems, this is true.

That’s what I’m saying. After how long all of the issues in iOS 13 have persisted, and after clearly seeing how much effort has been put into iOS 14 in general, I feel bad for the folks that will have to wait until the Fall.

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
Mail works. I have few technical issues. It’s just in a dire need of being updated. The lack of common features, like “send later” and lack of deeper integration with reminders or notes, attachment handling. It’s just long in the tooth.

Reactions: Rok73

ElitistWhiner

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2020
Apple email.app is so broken that it is "impossible" to abandon Gmail. That's how broken a friggin' platform Apple's cobbled under its brand. I hate Gmail second only to the antiquated email app Apple tries to ship on their OSen.

I'd have thought after a decade it would have grown enough hair to at least try a new style instead of a comb-over. Seriously, am I the only one running 6 separate email providers waiting to consolidate onto a single dashboard?

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
The refresh issue with email on iOS, is simply annoying. And, no, I should not have to switch to using the Outlook or GMail app, for it to show emails after clicking on a notification or going to the Inbox.

PS: This post is in relation to Helmsley's question...

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
I love it when at the bottom of the email app it says, "Last updated Yesterday". Then after about 30 seconds 50 emails magically appear in my inbox. I am using Exchange mail and the lastest iOS.

It's better than it once was. And closing the email program after each time does help somewhat. But it's still not working as it did in prior iOS's.

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
I woke up this morning and MacOS mail is not working at all. No mail in inbox. iPhone had plenty of mail and read it all there but nothing on my Mac.

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
I woke up this morning and MacOS mail is not working at all. No mail in inbox. iPhone had plenty of mail and read it all there but nothing on my Mac.
Mine was similar but when I clicked "get mail" the mail came in just fine.

magicdesign

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2020
So I must have had some legacy issues in mail. I fully reset the phone and did not restore from a backup. This solved my mail issues. iPhone XS.

Reactions: serpico007

vinegarshots

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2018
Working fine on my end. Seems that they finally fixed the bug where clearing one Mail notification would end up clearing ALL of them at the same time, which has been my only real complain for the past year

Reactions: scouser75

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Downloading on iTunes to update my phone. Looks like it will take another 12 minutes. Though it was a lot more optimistic a little while ago. I haven't really had problems with email - I don't remember the 13 point release where they fixed my issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.