Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It depends on how much of an entitled whiner the person is. An additional swipe could be detrimental to their health and safe space.
Walking up to a TV to change the volume works just as well too. So if a TV comes with a remote that stops controlling the volume, it’s all good.

Last edited:

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
HOW?!! Have they still not sorted the deleted emails returning to inbox bug

umzyi

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2011
UK
Installed the update: pressing on banners for new mail freezes mail app, still has not been fixed.

Mkraft3003

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2019
It depends on how much of an entitled whiner the person is. An additional swipe could be detrimental to their health and safe space.
Or you could be in a very important meeting and waiting for a critical email to come in and don’t have the ability to swipe and check every few seconds. You do realize there are a lot of people that rely on emails for business and not just for entertainment. This may not be applicable to your situation but there are plenty of people that rely on emails all day long.

cfurlin

Suspended
Jun 14, 2011
I'm certainly not entitled but when your dependent on e-mail for your business it is a big deal to have to manually update the mail app every few minutes.
Or you could be in a very important meeting and waiting for a critical email to come in and don’t have the ability to swipe and check every few seconds. You do realize there are a lot of people that rely on emails for business and not just for entertainment. This may not be applicable to your situation but there are plenty of people that rely on emails all day long.

LOL. Apple Mail for important emails and scheduling. It’s a consumer product. Someone needs a lesson in learning the right tool for the job.

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
iOS is not something to be used in business? Someone should let Apple and tons and tons of companies and institutions know. LOL, indeed.

I think the point was the Mail app is trying to be jack of all trades. It's built for the lowest common denominator- from soccer moms to corporate folks. Which is tough to get it all right.

The 3rd party mail apps you know sort of what is better at what and choose what you need

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I think the point was the Mail app is trying to be jack of all trades. It's built for the lowest common denominator- from soccer moms to corporate folks. Which is tough to get it all right.

The 3rd party mail apps you know sort of what is better at what and choose what you need
Seems like most of what's being talked about here in terms of issues people are having are rather fairly basic things that any mail client no matter its use (personal or corporate) should be able to handle, and Mail has been handling just fine for a long time as well, until some more recent issues that some people have started experiencing in iOS 13.

Mkraft3003

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2019
LOL. Apple Mail for important emails and scheduling. It’s a consumer product. Someone needs a lesson in learning the right tool for the job.
Wow. So what would you suggest? I am very curious to see what our corporation can use for exchange email and I am sure our IT department would like to know. Please tell us with your knowledge of corporate email accounts and what the right tool would be. Also what experience do you have with exchange active sync? Btw, I think the most recent statistic have 100% of the Fortune 500 companies using iPhone. But what do they know?

Smoothie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
California
The update didn’t fix Apple Mail for me. I get notified of new email, but it won’t download unless I refresh the app. When I saw the update description, I hoped this would be fixed.

When Apple Mail for Mojave had that bug where it would open by itself, I switched to Outlook. Maybe I should try Outlook for iOS.

ablatt

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006

Apple touts itself as a business solution, so saying mail is just for Johnny getting his baseball schedule from the coash is just plain wrong. Large companies depend on native Mail to work for 100's and even 1000's of users.

Tell the VP of IT that it's OK for IOS mail to not work after this many updates, when the CEO, who's travelling on important business, calls because she can't properly use her email to exchange info on a large deal.

I can only guess that something at the core of IOS is preventing mail from working properly. Something to do with memory or task scheduling (I haven't programmed in a while) that prevents this from being an easy fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mkraft3003

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
Seems like most of what's being talked about here in terms of issues people are having are rather fairly basic things that any mail client no matter its use (personal or corporate) should be able to handle, and Mail has been handling just fine for a long time as well, until some more recent issues that some people have started experiencing in iOS 13.

The majority of stuff I am seeing is Exchange-centric (outlook account). No notifications, double sent showing etc.

Im not overly concerned if the mail app has to refresh when you go into it; that's a low concern as the original poster mentioning it IMO correctly stated. Trivial inconvenience. The major bugs were with corporate mail.

I have no idea how much 13.2.3 fixes today being on the beta to test it. We may have that incorporated into BEta 3 likely tomorrow.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The majority of stuff I am seeing is Exchange-centric (outlook account). No notifications, double sent showing etc.

Im not overly concerned if the mail app has to refresh when you go into it; that's a low concern as the original poster mentioning it IMO correctly stated. Trivial inconvenience. The major bugs were with corporate mail.

I have no idea how much 13.2.3 fixes today being on the beta to test it. We may have that incorporated into BEta 3 likely tomorrow.
All those things like the app being updated, notifications coming in and working, weird sent or deleted behaviors, are basic things that should be working in basic mail apps for any type of accounts (and were working in the Mail app as well in iOS 12 for those who are having issues in iOS 13).

Reactions: AeroZ and ablatt

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
All those things like the app being updated, notifications coming in and working, weird sent or deleted behaviors, are basic things that should be working in basic mail apps for any type of accounts (and were working in the Mail app as well in iOS 12 for those who are having issues in iOS 13).

Where did I ever say that was ok exactly? Check my post history I have never given Apple a pass especially on mail. The first page of my recent posts half or more are bashing Apple Mail in fact being crap.

Some stuff is more trivial than others though. Having to pull down 1 extra time isnt life shattering, sorry. Shouldn't be like that, no, but not life altering like some make it either.

But all I said was referring to the refresh which the other user was speaking of, period. I mentioned no other bug. Too many extremes around here with very little middle-ground.

This is like saying a pitbull bit my neighbor and I tell you about it so you go around saying I said that all pitbulls are thus dangerous and they should be all put down right away. You are extrapolating one narrow comment/situation and generalizing into way more than it actually said.

I simply pointing out that Mail was built as a jack of all trades mail client from grandma to corporate user; in response to Apple Mail is a consumer product, which is not incorrect

Definitely no need to reply here I wont be wasting any more time addressing what I didnt say any further.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Where did I ever say that was ok exactly? Check my post history I have never given Apple a pass especially on mail. The first page of my recent posts half or more are bashing Apple Mail in fact being crap.
Seems like this particular aspect of the discussion was in the context of another user commenting on issues that others were having and that has been the context of the replies (as opposed to something personal aimed you).

Sgt93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
TX
I just did the install then turned off and restarted. One iCloud email delivered and another hanging a few minutes later.

Last edited:

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Wow. So what would you suggest? I am very curious to see what our corporation can use for exchange email and I am sure our IT department would like to know. Please tell us with your knowledge of corporate email accounts and what the right tool would be. Also what experience do you have with exchange active sync? Btw, I think the most recent statistic have 100% of the Fortune 500 companies using iPhone. But what do they know?

Maybe you should consider Outlook for iOS? Works well with Exchange

Reactions: 1144557

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
I’m still getting intermittent notifications on the lock screen. More times than not they don’t appear.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
My IMAP account seems to finally push mail correctly with 13.2.3. I haven’t had to pull down to refresh when the badge count is updated. Marking as read and deleting messages have also synced more quickly between my iPhone 7 and 6th gen. iPad.

I’m sorry to hear that people with Exchange accounts are still having problems.

I’ll be back once it starts screwing up again. ?

TimAhKin

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2019
Outlook is a good replacement but limited in some ways. For example Outlook cannot sync contacts that are in subfolders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.