Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M3Stang

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2015
I too was looking around for that. I thought they released 6/13 like everything else so was surprised to not see anything yet. Apple's website also does not say "coming xxx date" so idk. I would think they are out. Maybe it's just no one cares enough to review it and everyone is all excited about the Studio. I have not used my 5,1 in like 2 years since I got my M1 MacBook Pro 13" but I do still love what the Mac Pro is and would probably get a used one someday when they are a couple hundred like my 5,1 was when I bought it in 2020.

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
I too was looking around for that. I thought they released 6/13 like everything else so was surprised to not see anything yet. Apple's website also does not say "coming xxx date" so idk. I would think they are out. Maybe it's just no one cares enough to review it and everyone is all excited about the Studio. I have not used my 5,1 in like 2 years since I got my M1 MacBook Pro 13" but I do still love what the Mac Pro is and would probably get a used one someday when they are a couple hundred like my 5,1 was when I bought it in 2020.
They're out - some are in user hands. The review embargo is long since passed. It just seems like Apple didn't send out any review units.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I don't see any results yet, but they'll probably show up in Geekbench for a while as "Mac 14,8". The new M2 Max Studio shows up as "Mac 14,13" and the M2 Ultra Studio as "Mac 14,14", they are not named yet.

Reactions: dabotsonline

rondocap

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
Not many people will review it, if anyone. I remember last time I got the W6800x Duo I was only one of a few people who actually tested it and made a video.

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
Okay, so we’ve identified who the M2 Ultra Mac Pro customers are. People who can’t figure out how to slip off the protective sleeve without ripping it.

handheldgames

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2009
Pacific NW, USA
I don't see any results yet, but they'll probably show up in Geekbench for a while as "Mac 14,8". The new M2 Max Studio shows up as "Mac 14,13" and the M2 Ultra Studio as "Mac 14,14", they are not named yet.

There is one on geekbench, No gains over the Studio Ultra

1687055988025.png

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Max Tech just posted their comparison and I agree with their conclusion, its overkill and its over expensive. The Mac Studio is looking like the smart choice for many. I went to the Apple Store yesterday and I only saw kids playing angry birds on it.

Reactions: wgr73 and Longplays

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
Max Tech just posted their comparison and I agree with their conclusion, its overkill and its over expensive. The Mac Studio is looking like the smart choice for many. I went to the Apple Store yesterday and I only saw kids playing angry birds on it.
It would have been nice if you posted the link for us, but I think I found it.

There are some issues with the review. The Mac Pro and Studio they compared didn’t have the same M2 Ultra; upgraded version in their Mac Pro. They didn’t compare the 2023 Mac Pro with the 2019 Mac Pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: pdoherty

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
It would have been nice if you posted the link for us, but I think I found it.

I'm sure it didn't require paying an Uber to go find the link. 😄
There are some issues with the review. The Mac Pro and Studio they compared didn’t have the same M2 Ultra; upgraded version in their Mac Pro. They didn’t compare the 2023 Mac Pro with the 2019 Mac Pro.

The Mac Pro and Studio they compared didn’t have the same M2 Ultra

Huh? What do you mean, the M2 Ultra is the only option on the Mac Pro.

They didn’t compare the 2023 Mac Pro with the 2019 Mac Pro.

I'm sure they are on a budget with limited resources, noticed even big channels like iJustine and MBKHD haven't posted anything yet? Give it time, this is likely preliminary. Besides that, this is a product you will know if you want it or not. A YouTube channel is not gonna be a buyers guide. If you noticed the subscriber base for these channels its kids and people in countries that can never afford these products in the first place. But you are eating dinner and need something to watch and dream about.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
This is strange, no major YouTubers like iJustine or MKBHD with at least previews. Whats going on? Did Apple tell them to buy their own? The latest I have seen so far is from iFixit with the tear down. Maybe its inflation or people are truly happy with their 7,1 and are in no rush to upgrade. I expected even Dan to show something by now. I played with it at the store anyway, its indistinguishable from its predecessor. Apple should consider an aesthetic design for the M3.

Reactions: mectojic

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
This is strange, no major YouTubers like iJustine or MKBHD with at least previews. Whats going on? Did Apple tell them to buy their own? The latest I have seen so far is from iFixit with the tear down. Maybe its inflation or people are truly happy with their 7,1 and are in no rush to upgrade. I expected even Dan to show something by now. I played with it at the store anyway, its indistinguishable from its predecessor. Apple should consider an aesthetic design for the M3.
Probably not given a machine for nothing.

Or sponsor money didn’t cover it.

The crowd who already have a 2019 will wait and see.

mectojic

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
They won’t redesign for probably 5-6 more years, if only because people use custom racks- same reason the Mac Mini doesn’t change.
The current Pro caters to Apple’s promise of modularity (via PCIe), and if they ever make a future Silicon with upgradable ram or CPU, the current design will cater to that too.

Reactions: wgr73
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.