Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rygaard

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Denmark
iPhone 15 pro + Airpods pro 2 (usb-c model) -
1) it will often take 10 seconds to connect, if they come from case, really annoying for the person calling me
2) then after 5-10 second's it will drop the airpods and switch back to phone then i manfully have to.
3) except of cause if i left them on the table and pick up the phone then it will 100% of the time connect to the airpods with the fancy proximities censor and paly audio there.
4) same if i make a call then atleast 50% of the time it will switch back to the phone even though i have airpods in ear the whole time.

Reactions: DaveOJr

WB2Colorado

macrumors demi-god
Aug 1, 2008
Durango, Colorado
Best $20 I ever spent and I never have to worry about connection issues or dead batteries. IMG_0564.jpeg

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
I switched from a 13 Pro to a 15 PM earlier this week. No issues with my AirPods Max or Pros. My connection to my car is working except for one strange issue. When I say a command with “hey Siri”, I no longer hear the response come through my car but rather through the handset speaker. Making a call goes through the car just fine and never loses connection as does the audio.

Both my phones were on the same iOS version and I only had to pair the new phone to my car. It is annoying because I have a hard time hearing the responses on the phone.

Qubelek

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2024
In the article they quote someone: „silly but switched carriers so I got it for free”

Nothing is free bruh ;D you forgot you pay monthly fee for this and it includes phone price and even more.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
Apple have been having bluetooth issue since 2005 lol. Sudden disconnection of Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard still traumatized me so bad.

revdlc

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2006
Washington State
I have been wondering if others had this problem! I've got a 2013 Subaru that has always connected easily and continuously with my iPhones. But from the moment I got my iPhone 15PM, one or more times on a trip the phone disconnects and then a few moments later reconnects, which causes my watch to buzz and tell me how far it is to home and how long it will take to get there (even if I'm not going home!) It's starting to get enough irritating that I've been thinking of calling Apple. I will now!

Reactions: _MRCN

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
The only issue I’ve been experiencing with my 15 Pro is my device not always connecting to wireless CarPlay in my car; which is frustrating when I want to listen to a podcast or stream music and I need to pull over to figure the issue out. Otherwise, no issues with connecting to my AirPods.

ksec

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2015
Consider some of these issues are specific to iOS updating. I am wondering if Apple are now testing new Bluetooth drivers of their own instead of relying on Broadcom

tonedef407

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
I wear hearing aids and have an iPhone 13 Pro Max. I've recently had a ton of issues with them disconnecting and having static. I also use a tv adapter and recently the phone has been sending "ghost signals" to my hearing aids making them switch back to the phone. It fixes when I reboot the phone. This thread makes me feel better that there is a software issue and not the hearing aids.

Arne-IC

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
Germany
My 2016 iPhone SE works well with my Mini Countryman. With my 15PM it's not possible to have a proper phone call. The connection brakes up randomly, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after a few minutes (1-3).

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I'm having occasional issues with my old Powerbeats 4 not properly disconnecting from my iPhone 12 under iOS 17.3.1. And it sometimes doesn't connect properly with my Beats Studio Buds+, too. 🤔🤷‍♂️

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
I had Bluetooth issues with my 14 PM and solved it by re-pairing everything to the phone. Not sure why or how they got messed up, but that worked (Apple Watch SE, AirPods Pro, and my car).

Edit: Spoke too soon. Frequently resetting Bluetooth to connect my stuff. Really annoying!

Last edited:

dbwie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2007
Albuquerque, NM, USA
+1 with the bluetooth in car issues. It has happened with my iPhone 13 Pro and now iPhone 15 Pro, but not prior phones. With iPhone 15 Pro, I have additional issues with choppy and randomly stopping airplay to HomePods, and connectivity not being stable with AirPods.

Reactions: _MRCN

Trebora

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2016

Some iPhone 15 users have been experiencing ongoing Bluetooth connection issues that have persisted since the new devices launched, based on complaints on the Apple Support Community and the MacRumors forums.

iphone-15-blue.jpg

Affected customers are having trouble keeping their iPhones connected to older Bluetooth devices such as in-car systems or headphones that rely on the technology. From the MacRumors forums:

Many of the complaints come from iPhone 15 users who are attempting to connect their iPhones to Bluetooth headphones, car systems, and similar devices, but some users are also experiencing issues with more modern products like the AirPods.

Reports of Bluetooth issues date back to October 2023, which is just a month after the iPhone 15 models were released. They have continued across multiple updates, with the most recent reports coming from those running iOS 17.3.1. Some customers were told that the problems would be resolved with an iOS 17 update, but based on the continuing complaints, it does not appear that Apple has fully resolved the issue as of yet.

The cause of the problem is not clear, but affected users have both iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro models. Some people have been able to get their iPhones replaced, which has been the only way to solve the issue. Restarting, resetting, and other typical fixes have not worked for those who are having problems.

Have you had issues with Bluetooth connectivity on the iPhone 15? Let us know in the comments below.

Article Link: Some iPhone 15 Users Complain of Ongoing Bluetooth Issues

Trebora

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2016
Hard for me to know if it is the iPhone 15 Pro or the device, but I am unable to make a Bluetooth connection to my Breville Joule or my Oxiline blood pressure monitor. Connection to my Denon AVR is flawless.

DaveOJr

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2023
I was one of the original posters on the Apple Discussions forum from which this article was written about. I contacted MacRumors months back and asked them to look into it because we were getting nowhere with Apple. I probably have 5 calls to AppleCare and 2 in store visits and they all said Apple is unaware of any issues. Just the one single thread I mentioned had 61,000+ views and hundreds of posts. And I have read every single post since October and there are instances of people getting 2 and 3 replacements and still having the same Bluetooth issues. It has become infuriating that my $1300 phone was unuseable in my Audi or my VW, my AirPod Pros, various Bluetooth speakers and yet Apple refused to acknowledge an issue. Well by this story FINALLY coming out 5 months later seems like a sign that Apple has either identified the problem and is either confidently working on or has a fix and they told their loyal Apple News outlets to release the story. Just a hunch. We’ll see if I am correct. In the meantime, thank you MacRumors for reporting this widespread issue.

PS - you can search the thread on Apple Discussion forum but they closed it after only 3 days of inactivity. Again, that is not normal and makes it seem like they want the issue to disappear. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I have since started a new one.

Reactions: Christopher Kim

DaveOJr

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2023
The issue persists with the iPhone 15 Pro Max, where the Bluetooth connection to the car is unstable. It occasionally maintains a connection for 3-5 minutes before disconnecting, while at other times, it disconnects every 15 seconds. This problem does not occur with the S23 Ultra and the iPhone 12 or 13.

This leads me to believe that the issue might stem from a hardware malfunction, possibly due to defective Bluetooth chips or not compatible with old cars, 2010-2015

Overall, my experience with the iPhone 15 running iOS 17 has been significantly less satisfactory compared to previous models, marking it as one of the most disappointing experiences since the iPhone 6S.
Right there with you yeye! But there are people with 2023 cars who are having the same issue. Mine are a 2011 and 2017 and they are unusable. Not to mention Apple's own AirPods not connecting, connecting them disconnecting, or horrible audio playback. I have cases open with Apple and have been offered a replacement but I am waiting to see if 17.4 will fix the issue before I trade it in. Extremely disappointed with the 15 Pro Max. The absolute worst phone and iOS Apple has ever put out and this comes from a consumer from the first iPhone and I believe every generation since between someone in my house owning.

jicon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2004
Toronto, ON
Presuming this is likely iOS17, but so far as I know, there's more limited data throughput with Bluetooth using some of the older protocols. Incidentally a few years ago with an iPhone 7, an Apple watch, airpods pro, another wearable device connecting by bluetooth every five minutes... it all worked fine. But, if I ran on a treadmill with bluetooth connectivity.... problems. Once that happened, the wearable device stopped connecting over low power BLE. Furthermore, it runs on a fairly chatty radio band, 2.4Ghz. Cordless phones, some Wifi, microwaves...

Octavius8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2016
For me is unbelievable that Apple engineers or senior executives have not had this problem. Why it is not 100% widespread to all users?.
Bluetooth calls in my car work for thr 1st call, the next one fails to go through the head unit, it kind of hangs or freezes the head unit and I have to try to switch to the speaker on the phone, but the action is unresponsive, it just don’t work.
There is no way for the phone go through the USB cable to the car. It feels like a beta version of Bluetooth.

Reactions: DaveOJr

grschafer72

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2017
I have the exact same issue. I have a 15 PM and a 2024 Honda CRV Hybrid Sport. Carplay connects but randomly drops the bluetooth connection but never the call itself. If I wait about 10 - 15 seconds the call will reconnect through Carplay. This has been VERY frustrating. I have people that ride in my car with 14 PM's or older and we've tested them and they never disconnect from Carplay. So my hunch is it is more specific to the 15PM. I made an appt at the Genius Bar for tomorrow and hope they can provide a fix. It's ridiculous especially after spending $1300 for this device.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
For me is unbelievable that Apple engineers or senior executives have not had this problem. Why it is not 100% widespread to all users?.
Bluetooth calls in my car work for thr 1st call, the next one fails to go through the head unit, it kind of hangs or freezes the head unit and I have to try to switch to the speaker on the phone, but the action is unresponsive, it just don’t work.
There is no way for the phone go through the USB cable to the car. It feels like a beta version of Bluetooth.

Do you have other devices possibly causing interference? We, consumers, are so spoiled these days and many of us don't appreciate just how hard devices need to work to negotiate a clean signal. It's a jungle out there!

And hey, it takes two to tango. Could the problem be the car?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.