Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
maybe it's time to ask car manufacturer what the problem is and not always blame the phone manufacturers?
Besides, most of the reported cars are simply old, with ancient bluetooth devices

Car worked perfectly for years until an iOS update.....and it's been reported across several car makers of different brands. Who do you think is at fault? Bluetooth is meant to be backwards compatible.

Reactions: DaveOJr

DaveOJr

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2023
Car worked perfectly for years until an iOS update.....and it's been reported across several car makers of different brands. Who do you think is at fault? Bluetooth is meant to be backwards compatible.
EXACTLY!

MadCityBiker

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2024
I'm seeing the same problems with my iPhone 15 Pro and non-apple headphones. Every morning when I go for a walk and put my earbuds in I have to deal with "disconnected" and shortly thereafter, "connected." This goes on sometimes 2 or 3 times before I get a stable connection. Sometimes I have to unpair and repair my earbuds before I can get a reliable stream. I also notice dropouts from one ear or another while using the iPhone. This happens with two different pair of earbuds from different manufacturers. Really annoying as I never had this issue before with these same earbuds and an iPhone 13 Pro.

Reactions: _MRCN

meesteridle

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2013
Similar behavior with my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

In my 2016 Tacoma, no issues. In my wife's 2016 Pilot, my phone will stutter like crazy at random times.

pshockley

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2015
Bluetooth randomly cuts out in my car (2013 BMW X3) since I got the iPhone 15 Pro Max on iOS 17. I thought it was a problem with my car--guess not!

_MRCN

Cancelled
Feb 22, 2024
I'm seeing the same problems with my iPhone 15 Pro and non-apple headphones. Every morning when I go for a walk and put my earbuds in I have to deal with "disconnected" and shortly thereafter, "connected." This goes on sometimes 2 or 3 times before I get a stable connection. Sometimes I have to unpair and repair my earbuds before I can get a reliable stream. I also notice dropouts from one ear or another while using the iPhone. This happens with two different pair of earbuds from different manufacturers. Really annoying as I never had this issue before with these same earbuds and an iPhone 13 Pro.
That’s exactly my problem but with a Bluetooth speaker and iPhone 15 pro!

AppleTech22

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
US
Issues with the 15 Pro as well. At first, thought my AirPods Max were the culprit - but I am constantly getting crackled playback and interruptions on any bluetooth speaker I've used.

InnSuu

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2022
Point of order MacRumors. Users aren't complaining, they're reporting. I moved from an 8+ to a thoroughly disappointing 15p and it has never connected to my bluetooth speakers. I for one am sick and tired of standing over inanimate objects whilst bluetooth flashes on and off and not connect.

matryska

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2009
If I had an iPhone 15 I'm confident it would work fine with my BMW and CarPlay subscription, both of which I could also afford.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Using an iPhone 12, iOS 17.3.1 and I’m experiencing this. Thought I was safe when I first saw this article but it appears to be an ios bug and not limited to certain models. Hopefully it gets addressed soon.

lanceuppercut47

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2013
I had a problem with my 15PM connecting to my car's Bluetooth, prior to this I had a 14PM and it worked perfectly.

I had the 15PM since launch date and had lived with the issue until last week when I requested an express service replacement through AC+ and touch wood, it seems to be maintaining the connection better previously where it would connect to the car's BT and all would look okay, but if I came back to the car later (something it's a day, sometimes a few hours), the connection would never automatically reestablish itself then I'd need to unpair, pair etc.

I thought it was a problem with CarPlay getting in the way, but I had an older iPhone that I was able to test and it worked when I got back into the car. Though it didn't have CarPlay enabled on that phone as it was just a test.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Best $20 I ever spent and I never have to worry about connection issues or dead batteries. View attachment 2352229
Best $30 I’ve ever spent. Don’t have to buy a multitude of cables and throw others in the trash and I can use my existing EarPods .

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpeg
    IMG_0156.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 35

mccdyl001

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
Bluetooth on 17.3.1 with iPhone 15 Pro Max seems to be messing around with Wired CarPlay too. Sometimes CarPlay just will not connect, but if you unplug the cable, disable Bluetooth and then reconnect the cable it’ll connect back up as normal. It’s so bizarre and a bug you’d have hoped pre-release testing would have picked up.

DaveOJr

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2023
Bluetooth on 17.3.1 with iPhone 15 Pro Max seems to be messing around with Wired CarPlay too. Sometimes CarPlay just will not connect, but if you unplug the cable, disable Bluetooth and then reconnect the cable it’ll connect back up as normal. It’s so bizarre and a bug you’d have hoped pre-release testing would have picked up.
I have experienced the exact same thing.

markgpearse

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2010
Having so many issues with it connecting to my phone and AirPods over the last few weeks- tons of dropping out and crackling and sounding like an alien
I had good connectivity for a while and then just the other day the same problems you are describing.

kitaq

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
Alaska
Ever since I got my iPhone 15 Pro Max, I haven't been able to use bluetooth with my car. I have a 2010 Toyota Venza with the manufacturer's JBL stereo installed. If I try to use bluetooth with my car, then i will get audio that skips and chirps and has static. My wife with an iPhone 15 Pro is able to use the same bluetooth in the car without any problems.

Christopher Kim

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
Was on a phone call on my iPhone 15 PM and AirPods Pro 2 and it disconnected again somewhere around the 12-15min mark (I heard the familiar beep sound of it disconnecting from the device). After the call switched to the iPhone speaker, within ~2-3 secs, my AP2's reconnected (heard the beep sound of it connecting to a device) and then my iPhone switched back.

This is on the new iOS 17.4, so doesn't look like the new iOS update fixed this...

Reactions: nopster

nopster

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
Was on a phone call on my iPhone 15 PM and AirPods Pro 2 and it disconnected again somewhere around the 12-15min mark (I heard the familiar beep sound of it disconnecting from the device). After the call switched to the iPhone speaker, within ~2-3 secs, my AP2's reconnected (heard the beep sound of it connecting to a device) and then my iPhone switched back.

This is on the new iOS 17.4, so doesn't look like the new iOS update fixed this...
I never had problems during calls. But AP, for example, disconnected from windows 11 PC during a call on teams.
When I'm going to have lunch, everytime I wear AP and hear the connecting sound, but I open Spotify and they are not connected. So I swipe down on top right to access to bluetooth devices, and the AP are with the spinning wheel. The only thing I can do is to toggle off bluetooth and reconnecting again. Then, AP can be connected, and Spotify see them.

nopster

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
Anyone has found a solution? It's very annoying, everytime I can ear the connection sound, but in bluetooth settings Airpods showing the spinning wheel. The only thing I can do is to toggle off bluetooth, toggle on, then it works.
Even with the last OS update 17.4.1

nopster

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
After some day, I can say that the problem is now solved. No disconnections while using them, the previous problems I wrote seem disappeared.

What I've done? I reset Airpods Pro to factory settings. This has solved all my problems, hoping that can be useful for others having the same issue.

afghanwings

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2024
I bought a brand new Garmin Zumo XT2 (motorcycle GPS) and my iphone 14 pro will not connect to it for more than a few seconds or minutes at the time before dropping connection. Had ios 17.4.1 installed. Did all sorts of resets without any effect. Even upgraded to ios 17.5 beta 3 now - but unfortunately the problem is still there. Tried to connect to the XT2 with an older iphone running 17.0, and that worked fine.

But bluetooth to other devices seems to work normally (apple watch, airpods, other bluetooth headset etc). Extremely frustrating. Must be a combination of the hardware/software in the GPS and the hardware/software in the iphone that just don´t like eachother.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.