Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Kier-XF

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2014
Looks like the main tracks from the Superman the Movie soundtrack have been quietly updated with Atmos versions.

Sounds good.

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2020
51.531011,-0.023979
Thriller by Michael Jackson, Spice by Spice Girls, the singles from Whitney Houston, 2 albums from Mariah Carey and generally the ones from Apple’s Made For Spatial Audio playlist are ones I have heard where spatial audio has made a big difference

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Thriller by Michael Jackson, Spice by Spice Girls, the singles from Whitney Houston, 2 albums from Mariah Carey and generally the ones from Apple’s Made For Spatial Audio playlist are ones I have heard where spatial audio has made a big difference
What are the two albums by Mariah Carey?

Edit: Not to worry. Found them now. It’s the emancipation of mimi, butterfly and Merry Christmas.

Reactions: 211

jmelrose

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2004
Orlando, FL
If you are looking for a way to find out what tracks have a Dolby Atmos version available, I suggest/recommend the app Music Tracker for iOS. It will scan your Apple Music library and reference it against a database of what's in Atmos currently. I've been using it for the past few months and I'm really enjoying it. I found some of my favorite albums had an Atmos version, and quite a few I wouldn't have thought to even check on.

It also makes a running playlist of only Atmos tracks, and updates as new tracks are upgraded to Atmos.

App store link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/music-library-tracker/id1062583712

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2009
I just recently got a 14 inch m3 pro and was blown away by sound quality. I've since ended my Apple Music subscription and gone back to my CD's which have been ripped in Apple Lossless and I hate to admit it but they sound so much flatter than the lossless Apple Music tracks.. I'm guessing this is down to the Spatial Audio/atmos?

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2009
actually was just having listen again and iTunes song preview which is meant to be 256 sounds better than my lossless rip! bizarre? or are they just mastered for apple equipment ? 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.