Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Was there even an option to "make my life easier" on the iPad?

I used cydia last night and I didn't see it. It still had the paragraph that was there when Spirit was first released. I'll check again tonight when I get home.

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
Take a look at this thread, then see the last page for some comments on performing the steps on an iPad (it's basically the same).

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/886278/

This is a non-invasive procedure that's basically insurance for your future ability to jailbreak.

Even folks who think they MIGHT want to jailbreak someday should do this. If you're not 100% sure you'll never change your mind, you should do this.

I'm confused, I have been using Cydia since I JB my iPAD when spirit was first available. I just noticed the message with a heart icon, make my life easier. I clicked it and now I have the message above the welcome to Cydia words, "This device has a pending TSS request"

I thought someone said the make my life easier was only available the very first time you open Cydia but I have opened Cydia many times since and didn't notice that message. I don't know if it worked or not.

Edit: Yay!! Now it says at the top of Cydia "This Device has SHSHs on file for iphone OS 3.2

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Neat, I didn't know that the 'make my life easier' thingie would work on iPad. I guess I didn't get it because I had backed it up the 'hard' way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.