Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davedke

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2010
cydia won't load

i jailbroke my ipad, spirit said it was successful. I have the cydia icon on the springboard. When i try to start it, it starts opening and crashes before ever getting into cydia. I even tried a restore in itunes and still same thing. :confused: Help please. Thanks

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
Help!

HELP!

First of all, I'm new to jailbreaking. The process was successful nonetheless. I can browse Cydia just fine. However, whenever I try to install Backgrounder, all I get is this screen:

2dukqia.png

bjobes

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Anyone with comments please

Well I did a backup prior to installing tried it and would prefer to remove it... for now. Well when I restore from backup it reboots and Cydia is still there. Am I doing something incorrect or can it not be uninstalled in my case?

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Is anyone having trouble updating apps from the app store? When I try it says it's unable to connect to itunes store. I can buy apps just fine, but not update.

Phisherman81

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
Has anyone tried LastApp yet? I'm not gonna install anything that I'm not sure of yet, but I miss this cool utility.

ryanfacer

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2009
Just thought I would give you a update on the battery issue, i used my ipad till i had no battery and then I charged my iPad all night with the ac charger to get a full 100% charge, used my iPad solid on the Internet till it reached 90% which took 50 mins exactly, This works out to 8hrs and 33mins use of a full charge. So it looks like jail breaking has cost me 1hr 27mins + of use time from a full charge, ( some users are reporting 10hr + from a full Charge without jailbreak ) is it worth it? I think so

NJBlackBerry

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
Jailbreak was a piece of cake

Installed Winterboard - a mistake - and now every time I restart the iPad, the keypad is shrunk (iPod touch size) and the icons are wacked.

I respring and it resets, but I have to do that EVERY TIME and it moved all of my icons around (a tragedy, I know!).

I removed Winterboard but the problem is still there. Anyone know what I can try. Thanks!

CakeOrDeath

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Installed Winterboard - a mistake - and now every time I restart the iPad, the keypad is shrunk (iPod touch size) and the icons are wacked.

I respring and it resets, but I have to do that EVERY TIME and it moved all of my icons around (a tragedy, I know!).

I removed Winterboard but the problem is still there. Anyone know what I can try. Thanks!

SBSettings also causes this to happen

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
This was probably the quickest JB ever, even faster than Blackra1n. It took less than 30 seconds.

AppleSimon

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2010
I am using Backgrounder, but when I have an app enabled, and then press home to go to a different app, the app that I backgrounded closes so that it is no longer backgrounded.

In the Activator section I have, "Press and Hold Home Button" enabled.

deltaiscain

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
That sucks, hate to install Rock to get it early.
Does it fix 3G toggle?

Dont have a 3G iPad to test, but these are the release notes for the beta. It mentions the 3G issue most likely being fixed.

So SBSettings v3.0.9-1 is in the beta repo for testing. I have a lot of pressure to release this for ipad users so it will be a short beta and this version is likely to just move into the main repo soon. If anyone wants to test it, remembering it’s beta, add http://thebigboss.org/betarepo to your cydia sources and update the toggle pack and sbsettings. Here are the changes:

1) SBSettings window rotates to landscape. This feature was done for ipad. But it also works on iPhones. Requires the statusbar to be rotated so an app rotated or sbrotator installed. On iPhones, the window is too long to fit so the bottom part scrolls off the screen. I do not ever plan to fix this. Also, window does not rotate live. It comes down in whatever orientation your statusbar is in at the time you call it.

2) Fixed ipad bug that causes ipod mode on your ipad after a reboot. (This was what saurik had in big red writing). Note other extensions may cause this besides mine.

3) Adjusted some of the toggles for ipad such as 3g and phone to show up as incompatible with ipad. 3g should show up on a 3g ipad, but dont have one to test.

4) Fixed dock and processes widget crash on ipad or iphone 4.0 while trying to get an icon.

5) Modified the respring function to rebuild the cache using uicache. This is the only way to get icons to show up on 3.2 and 4.0.

Categories update is there also and only adds the uicache feature for 3.2/4.0.

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
3G problems

DO NOT INSTALL ON 3G

This version has more bugs than previous. And it breaks 3G on the iPad.

EDIT: 3G working again, reinstalled previous version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.