Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgfink

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2010
I stand corrected. Screwed up my home screen layout. Un-installing it and waiting for a better version before I speak again. Haha.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
I stand corrected. Screwed up my home screen layout. Un-installing it and waiting for a better version before I speak again. Haha.

You don't have to uninstall. Just press "respring" in SBSettings after you reboot.

jgfink

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2010
I did press re-spring. it then removed the last row of applications on each page. I re-organized, pressed re-spring, and wham the last four rows are gone again. I'll just wait to they update. Someone said later today.... We'll see.

alesse

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
LockInfo

installed LockInfo, but when i go to Settings/LockInfo, i get a message:
"There was an error loading the preference bundle for LockInfo". I tried rebooting as well as respringing. no dice. any suggestions?

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
The other person was asking about the Blackberry, and I have been trying to find an app, but I have had no luck...

If anyone here knows of a way to tether a Blackberry 9700 (not using the USB) I would appreciate the info. Maybe send me a PM, since this tread is moving fast and it is easy to miss a reply...

MyWi has bluetooth/USB tethering feature. Try it.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
MyWif (No Rock) is finally back up again on Cydia...was down and unable to be downloaded since last night.

Whorehay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Problem is on the BlackBerry side I'm sure, since RIM doesn't offer that kind of low-level access for its OS in order to get WiFi tethering to work.

The only possibility I can think of is if there is an iPad app that allows tethering via Bluetooth DUN and also includes the scripts necessary to connect to the BlackBerry like Macs can. Not really sure if this is possible at all on the iPad, but hey, you never know. It would be extremely useful if it could.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Is there any way to have multitasking, but to also switch between apps easily? Backgrounder puts the app running in the background, but I still have to hit the home button, leave my current app, and then enter the new app. Apple's method seems a lot more seamless.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
Is there any way to have multitasking, but to also switch between apps easily? Backgrounder puts the app running in the background, but I still have to hit the home button, leave my current app, and then enter the new app. Apple's method seems a lot more seamless.

Proswitcher.

While the iPad version isn't ready, it should be anytime I believe, and it will do this and better then now Apple does it. Looks like this:

proswitcher.jpg

Another is Multifl0w, which looks the same. It does work on iPad now but it's not optimized for it so it looks odd. Give it a day or two and everything should be iPad optimized.

49857_767_multifl0w_le_multi_taches_pour_iphone_jailbreake.png

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
installed LockInfo, but when i go to Settings/LockInfo, i get a message:
"There was an error loading the preference bundle for LockInfo". I tried rebooting as well as respringing. no dice. any suggestions?

Yes, wait for the iPad version. It is a known issue.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Proswitcher.

While the iPad version isn't ready, it should be anytime I believe, and it will do this and better then now Apple does it. Looks like this:

proswitcher.jpg

Another is Multifl0w, which looks the same. It does work on iPad now but it's not optimized for it so it looks odd. Give it a day or two and everything should be iPad optimized.

49857_767_multifl0w_le_multi_taches_pour_iphone_jailbreake.png

Thanks for the links. Hopefully they're optimized soon.

bjobes

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Well I did a backup prior to installing tried it and would prefer to remove it... for now. Well when I restore from backup it reboots and Cydia is still there. Am I doing something incorrect or can it not be uninstalled in my case?

alesse

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
Yes, wait for the iPad version. It is a known issue.

it is? i haven't seen anyone else mention this...most posts i read say that they have lockinfo installed and working. but ok, i will wait for the official ipad version.

ryanfacer

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2009
My jailbreak was sooooo smooth but it has had a big impact on my battery life. I think i will only get about 5 hours out of it now, it almost like something is running in the background all the time ?

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
They need Blackberry to iPad.. you've got it reversed. Read the thread man

My bad. I'm constantly in both similarly named "spirit jailbreak out" thread that's in iPhone and this one in iPad. I saw somebody requested the same thing in the iPhone and myWi was what they wanted. Now i'm just going to stop visiting both threads, too many confusion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.