Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
It's quite upsetting that the Starbucks rewards program doesn't allow to scan and attain points across the pond in the UK. You know, the barista scans the barcode from the app and it accumulates points for redeeming later. It also doesn't allow me to install the UK Starbucks app either. So stuck with the USA app in the UK LOL
A few years back I had a UK friend of mine get me a Costa card and mail it to me. Although there seems to be some Costa locations in the US (I may be wrong), I doubt my UK card is going to be accepted here in the US. :)

Reactions: Fred Zed

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Are you back east by chance? When we were in Boston and drove up to Maine... it felt like there was a DD at ever exit and on every corner! Don't get me wrong we liked it, actually liked it a little much... but holy smokes!

You caught a drought. When I was in Philly and Boston, there were DDs every opposite corner, so there was never a lack of Boston Cremes...

... But I couldn't find a grocery store with a jar of salsa to save my life.

BL.

Reactions: eyoungren

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
A few years back I had a UK friend of mine get me a Costa card and mail it to me. Although there seems to be some Costa locations in the US (I may be wrong), I doubt my UK card is going to be accepted here in the US. :)
Funnily enough the balance ( US balance )I had worked for purchasing beverages here in the UK Starbucks.
But the app isn’t allowing me to accrue rewards by having it scanned at the point of sale. Oh well 🥲

Reactions: eyoungren

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Oh so in my case it doesn’t work like that. Just found the following.

Attachments

• IMG_4145.png
    IMG_4145.png
    564 KB · Views: 30
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.