Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
Mine is pretty scary. Not the girl, but the guys at the Apple reseller:

I was at my local reseller earlier this year when I overheared the following:

Girl: "My MacBook won´t start. I bought it yesterday, and after I had been using it for 45 mins it shut off and wouldn´t start again."

The girl puts the MacBook on the counter, and the guy behind it pushes the power button. Nothing happens.

Guy: "We have to send it to Apple so they can have a look at it. It might be the battery."

This is the point I feel I just have to do something. I walk over to them, and ask if I can look at it. I ask for the powerbrick, plug it in, connects it to the MB, and turns it on, The MB starts. It´s a miracle!

Me: "It usually will help if you charge up the battery."

Girl: "I thought you didn´t have to do that with Mac´s. Only with PC´s."

P.S: Yes, it turned out to be the most simple solution, Charge it up, baby. The battery was allright, just needed some power.

Oh my gosh!!! Please tell me this a joke, pleeeaaasssseee!!
thanks for the laugh ;) :D

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
"Does the apple warranty cover water damage?" sometimes I just want to put my head in my hands and cry...

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
well this is more of an MR complaint than mac users

"Is a mini/macbook powerful enough for my needs? I plan on surfing the web and using iTunes and iPhoto... maybe I should get a mac pro?"

It's not as bad as the iBook/Powerbook days, but people with the bare minimum of computer needs don't seem to understand that the low end models are there just for those uses and that "surfing the web" isn't nearly as processor/ram intense as they'd like to believe.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
P.S: Yes, it turned out to be the most simple solution, Charge it up, baby. The battery was allright, just needed some power.

I've seen one like this too. back when I was doing IT Support work. This secretary calls in and her monitor is blank. Long story but in the end.... There is a little red button with a "1" and a "0" on it and it needs to be in the "1" position. Turned out she was used to powering up the system using the switch on a power strip and was not used to using the switches on the box or CRT.

Retired
May 16, 2006
My sis has called me 3 or 4 times, knowing that macs need to be charged - its always been "have you plugged it in?" as the solving answer.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
My sis has called me 3 or 4 times, knowing that macs need to be charged - its always been "have you plugged it in?" as the solving answer.

I hate to be blunt, but I hope your sister's hot... 'cause she sure isn't getting anywhere on her brains alone. ;)

kgarchar

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2006
I think the general

"Should I wait until (insert apple media event or following tuesday or next processor update) to buy my (insert apple product)"

Covers all the bases.

Now for my real question, Should I buy an 80GB iPod right now or wait until MacWorld because I kind of need a phone too, and maybe an iPhone will come out?

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
I got this one from a recent convert, today:

"why won't my Adobe CS install on the MacBook it installed just fine on my old Dell".

"how do I convert my Win MS Office documents to mac?"

" will the person on PC be able to open the mac PDF file?"

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
i think the original poster intended for this thread to be quoting the ignorance of mac users regarding windows apple industry, not about the ignorance of pc users who recently converted being ignorant about mac

does that make sense?

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
From Mac users? Hmmm...

1. "My hard drive failed, Apple really needs to get a grip on quality control."

2. "When is the headless iMac / Xeon MacBook Pro / MacTablet /Apple PDA / iPhone coming out? Do you guys know???"

4. Anybody that spells MAC like it's an acronym for something (Marvelous Awesome Computer, perhaps).

6. Anybody that thinks the Intel Mac mini is a downgrade compared to the G4 mini.

7. "I installed this software that came with my digital camera and now everything is screwed up!"

9. "I downloaded the official AIM client but it keeps quitting unexpectedly."

12. "Safari doesn't work exactly like IE/FireFox/whatever on Windows. I thin I've wasted my money."

13. "<insert Mac software> doesn't work exactly like <insert PC alternative>. I think I've wasted my money."

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Although not specific to mac users, this one's been annoying me a lot recently. it is typical of the newbie on these forums.

When they post titles with excessive unnecessary question and exclamation marks at the end of very un-urgant and trivial questions.

For example

"Good time to buy macbook or wait?????"

or how about when the thread title gives absolutely NO description of what the thread is about.

For example

"Hey i need some help please help!!!!!!"

Those two are especially annoying right now.

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
"Does the apple warranty cover water damage?" sometimes I just want to put my head in my hands and cry...

I asked a similar question once. Not because I didn't already know the answer but because I wanted some sort of hope after I knocked a cup of milk over on my laptop :( Worse day ever. I think an obvious question should be forgiven in a time of depression and stress, haha :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.