Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erikkfi

macrumors 68000
May 19, 2017
I swear to buy an iPad PrOLED and frankly given the fact there are zero mainstream reports of OLED iPhones getting burn-in, I don't know what you're on about. It feels like you're just taking a great new feature and rejecting it for no reason, as if the new feature is the problem.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
With the MacBook Airs launched today, I wonder if iPads are very soon, or still later March/April.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I'll pass on the oath. You're free to make your own choices.
I'm taking the oath and will probably break it 10 seconds after the release! :p I really want the rumored Magic Keyboard with the larger trackpad. But a high price of RAM and and SSD upgrades, along with a high price for the Magic Trackpad will probably take the oath again!

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I'm taking the oath and will probably break it 10 seconds after the release! :p I really want the rumored Magic Keyboard with the larger trackpad. But a high price of RAM and and SSD upgrades, along with a high price for the Magic Trackpad will probably take the oath again!

Yeah, I won't take the oath but agree that the price will likely keep me away.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Any day, soon. Surprised not at same time so just probably spreading out.
I was also wondering why the Apple didn't just release whatever they have to release at the same time. Is this a marketing thing to give each updated device its own brief "moment in the sun"? Frankly I've been torn between between keeping my M1 iPad Pro, and just getting an MBA or MB Pro. A fully outfitted yet to be released iPad Pro may nudge me to a new MBA due to the price of the newest iPad Air with Magic Keyboard.

Has anyone even speculated on the iPad Pro's release date??? I guess Apple had laid out all the "traps" for me! :p

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
It won’t have any new features. Same baby apps. Same experience. Nicer screen.
While I am a fan of the iPad, I hope Apple doesn't fail us on better matching the iOS before with the M1 and M2. I upped the RAM and size of the SSD on my M1 iPad Pro 12.9" when I purchased it. I was hoping that the iOS wood soon take advantage of the M1. It of course never it happened. I suppose if you want more of a MacBook experience the MacBooks are still the way to go.

vinsalducci

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2016
An OLED screen will be a distant second to the landscape Facetime cam, if rumors are correct.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Everyone says Apple waited to long for OLED, then points to the problems with previous generation of it.

Perhaps Apple’s implementation doesn’t have the same drawbacks and is exactly why they’ve waited?

Global_traveler

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2020
For what they will charge, it better have substantially longer times before needing to be charged. The basic IPP with M3 should use much less power. There’s no other reason for an M3 otherwise, as even the M2 is overkill given the dearth of high-end software. I’ll either go for the iPad Air, or a MacBook. Mostly I use the iPad as a monitor for my M2 mini.

Reactions: jazz1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.