Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randymac88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I've ordered 4 cases from Switcheasy, and have always experienced excellent customer service and speedy responses from Zoltan when problems arise (Black Rebel with Saggy Bottom, changes to shipping addresses), but my last three communications have gone without acknowledgement:

- They refunded my payment for a white NEO as I wanted to change the shipping address, but the item shipped anyway. Emailed to ask how I could pay them for it, but got no response.

- Ordered three Colors cases, paid via Paypal. Hasn't shipped, and it's been 3 business days now. Paypal shows that the payment went through and I got the receipt, but have not gotten the "switcheasy has sent you a package" email.

- Emailed yesterday to confirm payment receipt and ask for an order status - no response.

- Emailed again today to confirm payment receipt and no response yet.

Strange because Zoltan was so on-top of things previously. Anyone else have some recent trouble?

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I've sent like 4 emails and have gotten a reply to 1 late last night. I have two separate issues that need to be addressed and he covered 1.

Also I am waiting on a case that was supposed to ship to the 18th and only shipped yesterday after I emailed them about it.

They went from being top notch to pretty terrible in the matter of a week. Very annoying. I've also emailed Chris and have gotten no response form him either.

dannyar

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2007
Same problem here. You probably have read my thread about how i Love my switcheasy colors. My previous 3 cases i ordered from them in the past week and a half all were shipped next day and arrived timely. Not the case anymore. I have since ordered 2 more color cases on sunday and have yet to receive confirmation that they have shipped and its wednesday afternoon. I hope they arent taking advantage of the surge in sales lately and dropping the ball on customer service.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I just don't understand the two extremes of customer service with this company. I mean seriously they blew me away with the speed and service with my initial order and quick responses. Now since then they have screwed up a shipment to me and have left my emails unanswered. Oh wait, all but 1 email. How do you selectively answer emails running a business??? I mean seriously, he sent me an email last night, but sent none to you guys? Or none regarding my other problem. I sent him and Chris 2 this morning both have yet to reply. WTF is that.

It doesn't take much to make me a happy customer, but it also doesn't take much to make me never want to buy a product from you again.

Crevice

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2008
weird, i just got shipped the wrong case from them, I wrote them back and haven't heard a thing yet either...

edrex

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
From what I can tell Zoltan is the main guy dealing with stuff there. Do you think maybe he is swamped by emails from people expecting his above-and-beyond style of customer service and is getting a little backed up? Give the guy a break... from what I can tell he is seriously hooking up his customers that are having problems with the cases and aside from some slow responses to emails, no one seems to have a problem with that.

dannyar

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2007
well since posting on here this afternoon he's responded to my first email I sent Monday regarding sag on my rebel. He said they would send me out another color free of charge and to keep the one I have. That's great but it took a while to hear back and who knows how long it will take for them to ship out that replacement. I still have yet to hear back about my colors which were ordered Sunday and have yet to ship.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
From what I can tell Zoltan is the main guy dealing with stuff there. Do you think maybe he is swamped by emails from people expecting his above-and-beyond style of customer service and is getting a little backed up? Give the guy a break... from what I can tell he is seriously hooking up his customers that are having problems with the cases and aside from some slow responses to emails, no one seems to have a problem with that.

Give the guy a break? No sir, that's the cost of doing business. If you're going to sell a product to the public, you had better be prepared to handle things when things go south. There is a serious issue in manufacturing with the black saggy bottom Rebels, and whoever works in their shipping department needs to be replaced. THIS is why he's become swamped with emails, and he needs to solve it. When I had an issue, and a replacement was sent out, it wasn't even a case. It was a Nike shoe adapter, even though the front of the package said NEO WHITE. Now, after waiting for an email response, I have to wait yet again for the correct case to be sent, with a message to keep the Nike shoe thing. Great, so while I still don't have what I paid for, I have a great shoe clip to keep me happy...

He needs to hire new OR more people.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I think he's being bombarded. The whole sagging thing alone probably has his email filled. I'd give them a chance. A bad/crazy week for them. I've never heard of this company before. It seems like all of a sudden, their cases are getting all these great reviews and they are swamped. Maybe they need to hire more staff.

dongadrew

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
Give the guy a break? No sir, that's the cost of doing business. If you're going to sell a product to the public, you had better be prepared to handle things when things go south. There is a serious issue in manufacturing with the black saggy bottom Rebels, and whoever works in their shipping department needs to be replaced. THIS is why he's become swamped with emails, and he needs to solve it. When I had an issue, and a replacement was sent out, it wasn't even a case. It was a Nike shoe adapter, even though the front of the package said NEO WHITE. Now, after waiting for an email response, I have to wait yet again for the correct case to be sent, with a message to keep the Nike shoe thing. Great, so while I still don't have what I paid for, I have a great shoe clip to keep me happy...

He needs to hire new OR more people.

I totally agree with you I mean it takes like forever to ship something up to Canada. I order a black Neo on the 06 and now I still have nothing. He does get back to you pretty fast but I emailed him on Sunday for the tracking number and still no response, I just going to wait until next week and if I have nothing then screw switcheasy.

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla
Maybe if you emailed once then had some patience and gave it time. You're not the only customer.

Personally, I've ordered several cases and had gr eat response and customer service.

Creating another thread on this is just the OP being whiny.

CADer

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
I have had great service from these guys or guy depending on how you look at it.
But also I have tried to get a replacement for my flawed Neo and they sent me a Rebel but once I told him he said he would send the Neo and I returned the Rebel unopened but so far the New Neo has not been shipped!

Sure they have great service and right now it is kinda sluggish but if you don't like then don't buy their products. I am willing to wait for my Neo to arrive but I would like to at least know that is has not been forgotten about. I think there is a happy medium somewhere amongst all of this - like maybe a 'mass email' tell us all that they are in high demand and that things will be dealt with in the order they were received - Than would make me happy and I wouldn't have to email him again to verify that my order is being taken care of.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

You say if you don't like their customer service then don't buy the product?

No where on their website does it say "When you order a case, it might be defective, then when we send you a replacement, it won't be a case at all, so you get to wait a month and still not have the product you ordered."

I looked all over... Nope, couldn't find that part.

I'm not saying he doesn't make good, I'm saying he needs better staff to stay on top of shipping mishaps.

randymac88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I think he's being bombarded. The whole sagging thing alone probably has his email filled. I'd give them a chance. A bad/crazy week for them.

Guys, seriously? No, I won't. Listen, I gave these guys fifty bucks on Sunday night. It is now Thursday, and I have not gotten a single acknowledgement of my order. It has been over three business days and it has not even been shipped. I have emailed on three separate occasions and still have not yet received any word that they know I bought something from them.

Yet, they still hold my fifty bucks. And I should give them a break? How about they should hire someone more than just one guy to run the business? Okay, more than two guys? I have no sympathy for the fact that they have a successful product that people are actually buying.

oxdtown

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
Dekalb, IL
i got an email

i was worried when today i didnt receive an email and then just no i was checking my junk email and there it was so maybe it just there

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla
I gave these guys fifty bucks on Sunday night. It is now Thursday, and I have not gotten a single acknowledgement of my order. It has been over three business days and it has not even been shipped.

3 whole days. Call out the freakin' FBI.

I have emailed on three separate occasions and still have not yet received any word that they know I bought something from them.
Once a day. People like you are the likely reason for any delays in shipping in acknowledgment. Now, if it was more than a week, 10 days, then I can see emailing a few times to check, but take a chill and relax. Your "It's 90 minutes since I last checked and no word, I better send another email" is ridiculous.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
Guys, seriously? No, I won't. Listen, I gave these guys fifty bucks on Sunday night. It is now Thursday, and I have not gotten a single acknowledgement of my order. It has been over three business days and it has not even been shipped. I have emailed on three separate occasions and still have not yet received any word that they know I bought something from them.

Yet, they still hold my fifty bucks. And I should give them a break? How about they should hire someone more than just one guy to run the business? Okay, more than two guys? I have no sympathy for the fact that they have a successful product that people are actually buying.

You have a point. I'd be pretty upset too. They will lose customers this way. I guess i'm more talking about about people with problems. Those emails. For sure they should be 100% on top of new orders. No excuse. He should hire more help if he/they are falling behind.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007

Once a day. People like you are the likely reason for any delays in shipping in acknowledgment. Now, if it was more than a week, 10 days, then I can see emailing a few times to check, but take a chill and relax. Your "It's 90 minutes since I last checked and no word, I better send another email" is ridiculous.

So how long have you been a shill for Switcheasy?

Seriously man, people (a lot of people including myself, incorrect order, defective product) are getting things all screwed up by this company and your sticking up for them. Thank god you don't own a customer oriented business, holy christ. The only reason people aren't more pissed off is because Switcheasy is sending out free cases, but it's only because of their screw ups. If they actually had a shipping dept that could ship the right product and a customer support rep that was actively taking care of people, things would be a lot smoother. Instead they run a cluster F of an operation and throw free stuff at people to keep them happy. Yeah I like free stuff, but I'd rather get my order right the first time or a defective free product.

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla
So how long have you been a shill for Switcheasy?

There's already a thread on people with complaints. Does everyone who has had a problem need to create a thread? Maybe if he posted in that other one, I'd be more sympathetic.

Anyway, 3 days is nothing when ordering online. Order something form Amazon and see how long it takes.

I've order 2 cases and got them both in 3 days after ordering. The cases are hot and lots of people are ordering. Do you need to be a shill to find lack of patience and general QQing distasteful?

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla
Seriously man, people (a lot of people including myself, incorrect order, defective product) are getting things all screwed up by this company and your sticking up for them. Thank god you don't own a customer oriented business, holy christ. The only reason people aren't more pissed off is because Switcheasy is sending out free cases, but it's only because of their screw ups. If they actually had a shipping dept that could ship the right product and a customer support rep that was actively taking care of people, things would be a lot smoother. Instead they run a cluster F of an operation and throw free stuff at people to keep them happy. Yeah I like free stuff, but I'd rather get my order right the first time or a defective free product.

Then why did you order from them in the first place?

randymac88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008

Wait, was it once a day, or 90 minutes?

I email once a day, which is a legitimate amount of time. When and if they respond, I will stop. If thats going to overload their system and cause delays shipping out to other people, well then case in point, they need to work on their staffing.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Quick update. Zoltan got back to me finally and said he is shipping me a white neo for the mix up in sending me a black rebel. Only problem is it was supposed to be a black neo!! It's hard to get mad because these guys do try and certainly don't hesitate in making things right, but it would be nice to get it right the first time yeah?

Anyway, I asked him about the lack of responses lately and here is what he said ( is it true? I have no idea, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Though considering he is using a gmail account I have my doubts about the whole email server problems, but what do I know.) Long story short I basically asked why they aren't responding to customers...

It is not that Michael,

We are going through some technical problem with our email server. We lost some of our date unfortunatelly. 1-2 days worth.. HUGE problem!!

Sorting things out as we speak..

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
And I got another email from him (dude is on a roll) that he corrected my order and is sending out the proper Black Neo.

It looks like he is back taking care of business so hopefully the rest of you will get take care of as well.

My suggestion is email him now if you haven't gotten a response, because I basically had a real time convo with him via emails about 10 minutes ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.