Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
All three people I know who have either tried the S3 in-store, or who currently own one, have commented on the lag. One used the word "Slow", another used the word "Sluggish", and the third (the one who owns it) said "It's not as smooth as my iPhone".

So don't worry, you aren't the only one!

You have an anecdote for nearly every thread :p

DroidNoMore

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2012
I recently changed to an iPhone after several years with various Android phones. After jailbreaking I doubt I'll ever go back to Android. iOS is so much smoother and I have yet to have a crash. My Android phones crashed all of the time.

Both OS have their advantages and disadvantages but for me battery life was a big factor. I have some friends with a Galaxy Nexus who can't make it through the day without charging their battery. My Razr was atrocious as well.

IF I were to ever go back to Android it would only be to a Nexus phone and only if that Nexus was NOT a Samsung phone.

I really dislike the way that Android phones keep getting pushed out and that phones lose support and updates after about 18 months (unless you want to rely on hacker-created ROMS).

This worries me as well...

http://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

ICS has been out since December yet only 10% of Android phones have it. Google has already announced Jelly Bean when 90% of Android users don't even have ICS. That's problematic IMO.

nhlducks35

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
I recently changed to an iPhone after several years with various Android phones. After jailbreaking I doubt I'll ever go back to Android. iOS is so much smoother and I have yet to have a crash. My Android phones crashed all of the time.

Both OS have their advantages and disadvantages but for me battery life was a big factor. I have some friends with a Galaxy Nexus who can't make it through the day without charging their battery. My Razr was atrocious as well.

IF I were to ever go back to Android it would only be to a Nexus phone and only if that Nexus was NOT a Samsung phone.

I really dislike the way that Android phones keep getting pushed out and that phones lose support and updates after about 18 months (unless you want to rely on hacker-created ROMS).

This worries me as well...

http://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

ICS has been out since December yet only 10% of Android phones have it. Google has already announced Jelly Bean when 90% of Android users don't even have ICS. That's problematic IMO.

Geez, we get it, you hate Android. No need to post this same comment in every thread :rolleyes:.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
Well at least the thread got on track again for a bit.

Regarding the lag or stuttering I can honestly say tha I have experienced no such thing on mine (Canada with Telus).

I have remedied my battery issue also. I bumped the battery just once the other day and well, because I am a Android noob and deleted a crapload of widgets not knowing that it deletes the app, ended up doung a factory reset. Thing seem pretty good. With light to moderate usage (for me) I can get at least 20+ hours on the phone.

Not to say that it can't happen but I have seen no sign of a phone crash.

As far as rooting I have no idea what the hell I am doing as it is so I think I will learn to dog paddle before I take on the English Channel!

To those that switched and are enjoying it ... Yay! And to those who are keeping the flame burning with their iOS devices I say yay too!

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Well at least the thread got on track again for a bit.

Regarding the lag or stuttering I can honestly say tha I have experienced no such thing on mine (Canada with Telus).

I have remedied my battery issue also. I bumped the battery just once the other day and well, because I am a Android noob and deleted a crapload of widgets not knowing that it deletes the app, ended up doung a factory reset. Thing seem pretty good. With light to moderate usage (for me) I can get at least 20+ hours on the phone.

Not to say that it can't happen but I have seen no sign of a phone crash.

As far as rooting I have no idea what the hell I am doing as it is so I think I will learn to dog paddle before I take on the English Channel!

To those that switched and are enjoying it ... Yay! And to those who are keeping the flame burning with their iOS devices I say yay too!

Why do you keep insisting that it's as smooth? Touch response is still not in the same league. Loading a page fast is not the same as UI interaction. Do you even understand the difference?

I used an S3 just yesterday and it's still not as beautiful of an experience as an iPhone.

jeffe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Why do you keep insisting that it's as smooth? Touch response is still not in the same league. Loading a page fast is not the same as UI interaction. Do you even understand the difference?

I used an S3 just yesterday and it's still not as beautiful of an experience as an iPhone.

He probably insists it is just as smooth as that is his opinion. Maybe you two just have different opinions, have different experiences, standards, or just pay attention to things differently. Both your opinions are valid.

dbrewster

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2012
That's the reason why there's Project Butter, even if Android fanatics cling to the distorted reality that theirs don't lag. # The SIII is a nice phone, but those who say it's as smooth as an iPhone must try both side by side. At the end of the day though, some might just not be able to discern the difference.

importfan

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
What is the definition of "smooth" in regards to an OS? Are you talking about how an app runs? how the phone behaves while swiping between home screens? The only "lag" I have ever experiences on an Android phone the past few years was when swiping thru home screens with a live wallpaper or if there were auto updating widgets that scrolled or did something when you got to a page they were loaded on. Here is a great explanation of the differences between iOS and Android and how they deal with UI renderings

http://kartik-log.blogspot.com/2012/03/understanding-and-contrasting-android.html

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
He probably insists it is just as smooth as that is his opinion. Maybe you two just have different opinions, have different experiences, standards, or just pay attention to things differently. Both your opinions are valid.

So if a 12 year old child and an adult seasoned Fashion designer both look at the same outfit, and have differing opinions, both are equally valid in your universe? Lold.

kdarling

macrumors P6
That's the reason why there's Project Butter, even if Android fanatics cling to the distorted reality that theirs don't lag.

Everyone has a distorted reality :)

My iOS devices lag and/or crash at times.

When lag happens on either iOS or Android or whatever, I'm smart enough to realize that it's almost always because it's doing something in the background that I told it that it was okay to do. Or, because they have a difference in the way that things like lists are filled.

To others, I suppose it could be irritating because they don't know what's happening.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
That's the reason why there's Project Butter, even if Android fanatics cling to the distorted reality that theirs don't lag. # The SIII is a nice phone, but those who say it's as smooth as an iPhone must try both side by side. At the end of the day though, some might just not be able to discern the difference.

And that is exactly what makes their ridiculous "Android has passed up iPhone" comments so unbearable, because they're just not "getting it"

Its one thing if they simply don't get it, but it's another when they are so cock-sure about some supposed superiority that only exists in their minds because they couldnt even tell a crow from a fox tail.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Yes it is, you will just never admit it. and you are the King of Fanboys. You didnt like the S3 before you even touched it and you probably only used it for 5 minutes.

And that is exactly what makes their ridiculous "Android has passed up iPhone" comments so unbearable, because they're just not "getting it"

They have passed iOS up. You just need to come to grips with that. But if you dont, who cares..... nobody is trying to recruit you.

Last edited:

jeffe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
So if a 12 year old child and an adult seasoned Fashion designer both look at the same outfit, and have differing opinions, both are equally valid in your universe? Lold.

Sure why not? I know people who buy $100.00 headphones b/c they can't stand how the cheap $15.00 ones sound. However, I think the $15.00 headphones sound fantastic. We don't try to tell each other are wrong...frankly we could care less what the other thinks.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Yes it is, you will just never admit it. and you are the King of Fanboys. You didnt like the S3 before you even touched it and you probably only used it for 5 minutes.

No I went to see to make sure you guys are just being ridiculous by hyping up your "iPhone killer" and indeed that was the case.

Just like every other year before, you guys fail to appreciate the details. Only in such a biased mindstate can one consider the two devices equals.

Maybe the Galaxy 4 will have better luck next year. Keep pushing guys. You'll get there one year.

----------

Sure why not? I know people who buy $100.00 headphones b/c they can't stand how the cheap $15.00 ones sound. However, I think the $15.00 headphones sound fantastic. We don't try to tell each other are wrong...frankly we could care less what the other thinks.

That wasn't even a logical on-topic allegory. It had nothing to do with the previous allegory I presented nor was it related to the point I was trying to make. The two concepts were in no way analogous.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
No I went to see to make sure you guys are just being ridiculous by hyping up your "iPhone killer" and indeed that was the case.

Just like every other year before, you guys fail to appreciate the details. Only in such a biased mindstate can one consider the two devices equals.

Maybe the Galaxy 4 will have better luck next year. Keep pushing guys. You'll get there one year.

Astute assessment.

We're still talking 4S no less, and its battered all contenders that have been hyped up since its release.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

You are the one with the biased mindstate....LOL, thats funny coming from you.

Nobody called the GS3 an iPhone killer. Just that iOS has fallen behind and they will continue to fall behind every year now the way they do things once a year.

Im not sure why you care so much. Use your iPhone. Nobody cares if you do.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
Don't know why you guys continue to argue with one another. Obviously no one is going to change their minds. This is like a religious or political discussion. Best not to get involved.

Only thing I will say is, both phones are fast. Both phones fill the needs and expectations of the individual owner. Both phones sell like hotcakes. I always like the latest and greatest, which is why I bought an S3 the other day. And I can say it is a quality phone. It is also very fast and the screen (while not quite as good as the iPhone) is still very easy to see fine details. Camera is as good as the 4S, imo, although slightly more saturated (which is fine by me). All the apps I have on my old phone and ipad are also on my S3. Only thing that sucks is having to pay for apps again. Google Play had all of my apps though, except the niche apps, but there were equivalent apps to fill those needs.

But I will also be buying the iPhone 5 or 'The New iPhone' or whatever name they will use when it comes out. I won't say any more about the S3. I'll be keeping it and actually like it. Gotta get a 64gb sd card now. Will enjoy being able to add a lot of videos and tv shows to an 80gb phone.

Will be right back with you guys when I pre-order my iPhone 5, off-contract. Just hope it's not $799 for the 16gb model.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012

Nobody called the GS3 an iPhone killer. Just that iOS has fallen behind and they will continue to fall behind every year now the way they do things once a year.

I don't see Apple hyping up project butter because iOS runs piss poor on anything but 10 cores.

iOS has not fallen behind. Not even close. Just because android is not total **** for a change doesn't mean its pretender to the thrown. Android can't fall behind because its never caught up to begin with. It just sucks less than usual.

Steve Jobs said the iPhone was 5 years ahead of anyone else, and he was so spot on.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010

How can you fall behind if you are still ahead?

They have the most stable system. The most consistent behavior. The best UI. The best touch response. The best screen when not watching movies (who does that?) and the best app stack and support.

I guess to you, the fact that Android is lacking in those areas is not a problem?

But the fact that iPhone doesn't have dork gimmicks like widgets and other useless perks is what matters right?

So the core basics don't matter but the useless extras do right?

Yeah, really falling behind someone that has not even caught up with the basics...

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I have discovered a program/app called isync which allows you to sync playlists etc from iTunes to your Android device and it seems to work well, you can reverse sync also from what I read.

Take a look at DoubleTwist.

404 tech junkie

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012

Its one thing if they simply don't get it, but it's another when they are so cock-sure about some supposed superiority that only exists in their minds because they couldnt even tell a crow from a fox tail.

How can you fall behind if you are still ahead?

They have the most stable system. The most consistent behavior. The best UI. The best touch response. The best screen when not watching movies (who does that?) and the best app stack and support.

I guess to you, the fact that Android is lacking in those areas is not a problem?

But the fact that iPhone doesn't have dork gimmicks like widgets and other useless perks is what matters right?

So the core basics don't matter but the useless extras do right?

Yeah, really falling behind someone that has not even caught up with the basics...

Yes indeed it has passed iOS, and Apple has a bit of catching up to do. Think that was unbearable? The you'll hate this. Here's a shortlist of reasons why iOS has been passed up. I wrote this before, and here it is again just for you:

In short, iOS still lacks a certain level of functionality. Here are a few examples off the top of my head:

-The notifications in iOS are still poor. Now Jellybean has added on to the notifications, and there simply is no comparison. iOS doesn't even give you a static icon that lets you know something is in the notification center. In other words, if a notification comes in and you don't deal with it right away, you could possibly forget about it, and there is nothing to remind you (unless you look at the app icon later and it shows a number on it).

-This is one I'm sure you've heard a million times, widgets. Believe it or not, they do add a level of functionality. If you'd like an example, I'd be more than happy to show you how my phone is set up (I won't put it in this post because this post will be long enough lol).

-App integration is lacking in iOS. For example, I can go to anything in my phone, click share, and have a plethora of options to share my content/data/files with (depending on what apps I have installed). In iOS that isn't possible. If I want to share in a particular app, I have to do it from that app. That severely limits my options when it comes to sharing information.

-iOS' cloud functionality still needs work. For example, I can't store videos in the cloud. If I record a video, iCloud can push it to my iCloud connected devices, but my video can't reside in the cloud like it can on Android.

-Keyboard. iOS' keyboard is in need of an update. It really just is not very good, and there are better options out there. Unfortunately, iOS will not allow you to change to a better keyboard.

-Browser. Safari sucks. There's no two ways about it. It can't reformat text to the screen, so you're stuck having to scroll side to side to read content on some pages. The download options (or lack thereof) in the browser is archaic at best. Bear in mind, Chrome is a much better browser, but you can't set it as your default browser without hacking your phone to do it.

-You can't do something as simple as creating a custom ringtone without needing to sync to your computer. While working in the field, I have met several people that don't have computers and use their iDevice as their computer. I guess those people just won't ever be able to have a custom ringtone, because it requires having to sync to a computer. That is crazy.

-Voice dictation on the iPhone needs improvement BIG TIME.

-DLNA functionality is absent. There is airplay, but that isn't compatible with the DLNA standard.

-NFC functionality is absent. Many people will say, "well there aren't a lot of businesses that have NFC enabled readers". This is true for some areas, but there are other areas that have plenty of places that do have them. I live in Atlanta, and I have used NFC to pay for things in drugs stores, fast food places, doctor's offices, and several other places. Also, it's nice to be able to automate tasks via NFC. For example, you can put an NFC tag in your vehicle mount that will put your phone in "car mode" when you place it in there.

-Handicapped bluetooth. Not being able to send a person something to their phone via bluetooth is a bit ridiculous in 2012. I've been doing that since the Windows Mobile days, and yet iOS still features handicapped bluetooth. There have been several times I wanted to give my uncle a file, and had to email it to him instead of just sending it straight to his phone via bluetooth. Also this means, I can't connect game controllers such as the PS3 controller if I want to play a game using it.

There are several other things but I'm not trying to write a book, so I'll stop listing them now lol. On another note, there are things added in ICS and in Jellybean that just push the OS further ahead. For example, in ICS they added the data manager, so you can control how much data your phone uses. It can warn you when you've consumed a certain amount of data. It can also limit the amount of data you use as a whole, thus keeping you from going over your limits. Things in Jellybean like how Google Now will automatically calculate the time of travel back home (including traffic), without you telling the phone to do anything. You don't have to schedule it, you don't have to make it a destination, it just knows to calculate it, and alert you of the time it will take and traffic along the way (that came in handy on the 4th of July, it saved me from a traffic jam). Those are a couple of things that pushed the OS further ahead, there are more, but this post has gotten long enough lol.

At this point, I'm sure you get the idea. Do I think that means the iPhone is awful? No. Do I think they have a lot of room for improvement? Yes. I think the iPhone is a decent phone for what it is, I just personally find it lacking in several areas. It has its strengths, but for me, I find it's weaknesses overshadow them, especially when compared to the Android platform. I hope I was able to answer your question a bit.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
I don't see Apple hyping up project butter because iOS runs piss poor on anything but 10 cores.

iOS has not fallen behind. Not even close. Just because android is not total **** for a change doesn't mean its pretender to the thrown. Android can't fall behind because its never caught up to begin with. It just sucks less than usual.

Steve Jobs said the iPhone was 5 years ahead of anyone else, and he was so spot on.

Bolded statement!!!

Exactly!

These guys are dancing around like monkeys because finally, the iPhone clones aren't embarrassingly garbage anymore.

That's not a victory. That's insecurity.

404 tech junkie

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012

LMAO! 5 years ahead? How can you be five years ahead when you still have to send two emails just to send two different types of attachments? lol Get real, your browser doesn't even have real downloading functionality.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Yes indeed it has passed iOS, and Apple has a bit of catching up to do. Think that was unbearable? The you'll hate this. Here's a shortlist of reasons why iOS has been passed up. I wrote this before, and here it is again just for you:

Ok well I still disagree but lets see what you got...

In short, iOS still lacks a certain level of functionality. Here are a few examples off the top of my head:

-The notifications in iOS are still poor. Now Jellybean has added on to the notifications, and there simply is no comparison. iOS doesn't even give you a static icon that lets you know something is in the notification center. In other words, if a notification comes in and you don't deal with it right away, you could possibly forget about it, and there is nothing to remind you (unless you look at the app icon later and it shows a number on it).

I rarely if ever have used the notification center. In fact I forget it's there until I play a game and the slider comes up.

-This is one I'm sure you've heard a million times, widgets. Believe it or not, they do add a level of functionality. If you'd like an example, I'd be more than happy to show you how my phone is set up (I won't put it in this post because this post will be long enough lol).

Please do. I can't think of anything I need a widget for?

-App integration is lacking in iOS. For example, I can go to anything in my phone, click share, and have a plethora of options to share my content/data/files with (depending on what apps I have installed). In iOS that isn't possible. If I want to share in a particular app, I have to do it from that app. That severely limits my options when it comes to sharing information.

What do you need to share? I can't think of an example of something I would want to do that I can't do? I usually sent to Twitter or to YouTube. Sometimes email and msg. They are all there. What else is there that you need?

-iOS' cloud functionality still needs work. For example, I can't store videos in the cloud. If I record a video, iCloud can push it to my iCloud connected devices, but my video can't reside in the cloud like it can on Android.

I can't see myself needing the file in any other capacity. It's either on my phone or laptop or uploaded/shared to YouTube.

-Keyboard. iOS' keyboard is in need of an update. It really just is not very good, and there are better options out there. Unfortunately, iOS will not allow you to change to a better keyboard.

Strongly disagree. The keyboard and more importantly, the touch response is just phenomenal on iPhone. For years this was the huge demerit for android.

Ppl say well change the keyboard.

But the problem is touch response. It's just different on Android. In a bad way.

It's also a demerit that you have to go download a new keyboard out of box.

-Browser. Safari sucks. There's no two ways about it. It can't reformat text to the screen, so you're stuck having to scroll side to side to read content on some pages. The download options (or lack thereof) in the browser is archaic at best. Bear in mind, Chrome is a much better browser, but you can't set it as your default browser without hacking your phone to do it.

Can't see myself needing text wrapping but maybe it could be useful. Can't see myself complaining about that but Chrome is there. Usually 99% of the time I browse I started with the browser so the default browser thing is a stretch of a criticism IMO.
-You can't do something as simple as creating a custom ringtone without needing to sync to your computer. While working in the field, I have met several people that don't have computers and use their iDevice as their computer. I guess those people just won't ever be able to have a custom ringtone, because it requires having to sync to a computer. That is crazy.

On no this problem is crazy bad.!!!

It's also 2005 right now!

-Voice dictation on the iPhone needs improvement BIG TIME.

-DLNA functionality is absent. There is airplay, but that isn't compatible with the DLNA standard.

-NFC functionality is absent. Many people will say, "well there aren't a lot of businesses that have NFC enabled readers". This is true for some areas, but there are other areas that have plenty of places that do have them. I live in Atlanta, and I have used NFC to pay for things in drugs stores, fast food places, doctor's offices, and several other places. Also, it's nice to be able to automate tasks via NFC. For example, you can put an NFC tag in your vehicle mount that will put your phone in "car mode" when you place it in there.

-Handicapped bluetooth. Not being able to send a person something to their phone via bluetooth is a bit ridiculous in 2012. I've been doing that since the Windows Mobile days, and yet iOS still features handicapped bluetooth. There have been several times I wanted to give my uncle a file, and had to email it to him instead of just sending it straight to his phone via bluetooth. Also this means, I can't connect game controllers such as the PS3 controller if I want to play a game using it.

The rest of those are also hard for me to imagine caring about. I usually just browse the web, listen to music, check social networks, play some games while pooping, and send and receive messages. I have a calendar, an alarm clock, a calculator, and they are all very nice in iCloud. I am very organized yet it is seamless and simple and a joy to use, just staring at the glass/glass shinyness.
There are several other things but I'm not trying to write a book, so I'll stop listing them now lol. On another note, there are things added in ICS and in Jellybean that just push the OS further ahead. For example, in ICS they added the data manager, so you can control how much data your phone uses. It can warn you when you've consumed a certain amount of data. It can also limit the amount of data you use as a whole, thus keeping you from going over your limits. Things in Jellybean like how Google Now will automatically calculate the time of travel back home (including traffic), without you telling the phone to do anything. You don't have to schedule it, you don't have to make it a destination, it just knows to calculate it, and alert you of the time it will take and traffic along the way (that came in handy on the 4th of July, it saved me from a traffic jam). Those are a couple of things that pushed the OS further ahead, there are more, but this post has gotten long enough lol.

I dunno I have unlimited data. Dont need that.

At this point, I'm sure you get the idea. Do I think that means the iPhone is awful? No. Do I think they have a lot of room for improvement? Yes. I think the iPhone is a decent phone for what it is, I just personally find it lacking in several areas. It has its strengths, but for me, I find it's weaknesses overshadow them, especially when compared to the Android platform. I hope I was able to answer your question a bit.

So now we are left with a list of strengths that I don't care about.

But there are a lot of weaknesses that I sure damn do care about such as:

Generic amateur UI design
Low res touch response technology
Dull screen feel
Uninspired hardware
Inconsistent behavior if not unstable. Buggy.
Ugly Apps/trashware
That damn echoey click sound when you click stuff
Does not understand the importance of the statement: simplicity is the height of prefessionalism in its design philosophy.

Android still has a lot of cathing up to do in CRITICAL areas.

Last edited:

404 tech junkie

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
[quote\]

Ok well I still disagree but lets see what you got...

I rarely if ever have used the notification center. In fact I forget it's there until I play a game and the slider comes up.

Please do. I can't think of anything I need a widget for?

What do you need to share? I can't think of an example of something I would want to do that I can't do? I usually sent to Twitter or to YouTube. Sometimes email and msg. They are all there. What else is there that you need?

I can't see myself needing the file in any other capacity. It's either on my phone or laptop or updated to YouTube?

Strongly disagree. The keyboard and more importantly, the touch response is just phenomenal on iPhone. For years this was the huge demerit for android.

Ppl say well change the keyboard.

But the problem is touch response. It's just different on Android. In a bad way.

It's also a demerit that you have to go download a new keyboard out of box.

Can't see myself needing text wrapping but maybe it could be useful. Can't see myself complaining about that but Chrome is there. Usually 99% of the time I browse I started with the browser so the default browser thing is a stretch of a criticism IMO.

On no this problem is crazy bad.!!!

It's also 2005 right now!

The rest of those are also hard for me to imagine caring about. I usually just browse the web, listen to music, check social networks, play some games while pooping, and send and receive messages. I have a calendar, an alarm clock, a calendar, and they are all very nice in iCloud. I am very organized yet it is seamless and simple and a joy to use, just staring at the glass/glass shinyness.

I dunno I have unlimited data. Dont need that.
Those were all piss poor responses. Try again with something a bit more thought out.

So now we are left with a list of strengths that I don't care about.

But there is a least of weaknesses that I sure damn do care about such as:

1. Generic amateur UI design
2. Low res touch response technology
3. Dull screen feel
4. Uninspired hardware
5. Inconsistent behavior if not unstable. Buggy.
6. Ugly Apps/trashware
7. That damn echoey click sound when you click stuff
8. Does not understand the importance of the statement: simplicity is the height of prefessionalism in its design philosophy.

Android still has a lot of cathing up to do in CRITICAL areas.

1. Android's UI looks much better than the cartoony bubbly looking iOS UI, and is ten times better than looking at the wall of icons you call a home screen. Staring at your home screen is like staring at my app drawer. Why would I want to constantly be in my app drawer? Show me something useful.
2. You have no idea what you're talking about. Try sticking to things you actually have knowledge of.
3. Dull screen feel? Could be any more vague than that? That statement is pitiful, and will not even be dignified with a response.
4. The hardware in the GS3 is better than the 4S, so if it's uninspired, then the 4S is flat out saddening.
5. Name these bugs. I'd love to hear them. What recent high-end Android device has been unstable? I'll wait on that answer.
6. Some are, some aren't. I've seen plenty of garbage apps on iOS too. It comes with the territory of smartphones. Every app isn't elegant and every app isn't ugly.
7. Now you're really reaching. To that, I'd say the only phone with a hardware button on the face is the GS3, all the other are capacitive. That said, the GS3's home button makes no noise. On another note, the iPhone's home button is garbage, and is known for failing...so much for build quality ;)
8. If simplicity is so important, then explain to me why you can't attach whatever attachments you want inside an email. If you want to send more than one attachment, you have to send multiple emails. That doesn't sound simple, that sounds tedious. Explain why I must use a computer to create my own ringtone. That doesn't sound very simple. Why do you have to hack your phone just to change your default browser? That doesn't sound very simple either.

That's the best you've got? That attempt was pathetic. Take your time and come with something more well thought out than that sad attempt you just made.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.