Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I wouldn't phrase it like that.

Lol at doctors needing to do their work on an iPhone and supposedly sending complex email attachments from a cell phone.

Doctors sometimes have to spend entire days out of the office, for example when they have to attend court to give expert evidence. Is it so hard to believe they'd use a smartphone to send emails?

You're very narrow minded if you don't believe that.

I never said anything about complex attachments either, I'm talking bog standard ones like word documents, spreadsheets, and other such files that are used every day in the workplace.

rendevouspoo

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2012
Whenever I'm out of the office I may get emails that need to be forwarded with numerous attachments. Civil Engineers really need that feature.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
By "caveat" do you mean a delusional response you have concocted to try and spin the facts? Sure, why not. I could use a good laugh

That study was done inmediately right after a major iOS overhaul so the data was skewed and not indicative of any real world experiences.

We're you plannin to disclose that or no?

----------

Doctors sometimes have to spend entire days out of the office, for example when they have to attend court to give expert evidence. Is it so hard to believe they'd use a smartphone to send emails?

You're very narrow minded if you don't believe that.

I never said anything about complex attachments either, I'm talking bog standard ones like word documents, spreadsheets, and other such files that are used every day in the workplace.

They can do all of that from the iPhone if they need to. Nothing is stopping them. I dont see what the issue is.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
That study was done inmediately right after a major iOS overhaul so the data was skewed and not indicative of any real world experiences.

We're you plannin to disclose that or no?

----------

They can do all of that from the iPhone if they need to. Nothing is stopping them. I dont see what the issue is.

Only 28.64% of the crashes occurred on iOS 5 :p

Yes they can, it's just awkward. There's nothing wrong with improving existing features is there?

It's like..why add folders when apps could be accessed anyway without them? Why implement iCloud when you can just sync?

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus

Believe he is saying that it isn't possible for a doctor with an iphone to receive a word doc about a patient from one of his interns, open the doc, make changes and then email it back with an additional attachment. As in it is not possible on a non-jailbroken iphone to add attachments to an email. Something like that?

It's been a long time since I have had a non-jailbroken iDevice, so I have always been able to add any attachment I wanted or open an attachment via multiple apps, edit in multiple apps, etc....

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009

Not sure about the UK or other countries, but in the U.S. HIPPA regs limit what can and cannot be sent via email. Usually it's just a link to a secure web site.

But I would like iOS to include multi attachments. It would be handy.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Believe he is saying that it isn't possible for a doctor with an iphone to receive a word doc about a patient from one of his interns, open the doc, make changes and then email it back with an additional attachment. As in it is not possible on a non-jailbroken iphone to add attachments to an email. Something like that?

It's been a long time since I have had a non-jailbroken iDevice, so I have always been able to add any attachment I wanted or open an attachment via multiple apps, edit in multiple apps, etc....

I've never had to do that so I never jailbreaked. But it's nice to know I can unlock my phone to do that If I desperately needed to.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Not sure about the UK or other countries, but in the U.S. HIPPA regs limit what can and cannot be sent via email. Usually it's just a link to a secure web site.

But I would like iOS to include multi attachments. It would be handy.

That was just an example, it's by no means the scenario where you might need to send multiple files other than images and video.

Not heard of a law like that here!

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
That was just an example, it's by no means the scenario where you might need to send multiple files other than images and video.

Not heard of a law like that here!

Here? Not sure where you're at? :)

It's a big deal in the US. Protection of medical records. I only know because I was a Director of IT for over 12 years in a hospital.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Here? Not sure where you're at? :)

It's a big deal in the US. Protection of medical records. I only know because I was a Director of IT for over 12 years in a hospital.

UK.

There's the data protection act but that only specifies who can access data, not how it's shared.

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
In the past the apple app store was way ahead of the android market. Not so much now since they pretty much mirror each other. the major difference now is the apps on android simply do not have the high quality of the apple apps.

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
I agree with you totally. Lumia is a beautiful design, I kind of wish that Nokia went with Android vs Microsoft I would have LOVED that form factor for my S3!

Me, too. I used to use a Nokia N97 as my primary phone. I love the physical build of the device. Unfortuantely, the OS and software sucked for the most part other than Ovi Maps which is one of the main reasons I got it. I still like the physical aspect of this phone more so than my current HTC Desire Z. If Nokia made an Android phone, I would have considered another Nokia at the time.

The latest word from Nokia is that they expect their WP phones to pick up in popularity next spring. I'm still skeptical, but that may be the time that I will be looking for a new phone. If they come out with a phone with a good landscape slider keyboard, I will give it some serious consideration. I love the keyboard on my old N97 more so than my Desire Z.

NikeTalk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
Had the S3 for two weeks and gave it up to wait and see what the iPhone 5 has in store. The S3 is a great phone and I regret my decision everyday. With no word of anything about the iPhone 5 outside of rumors and speculation I might go back to the S3 and make that my new permanent phone. Starting to be annoyed by Apple's whole secrecy deal :mad:

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Had the S3 for two weeks and gave it up to wait and see what the iPhone 5 has in store. The S3 is a great phone and I regret my decision everyday. With no word of anything about the iPhone 5 outside of rumors and speculation I might go back to the S3 and make that my new permanent phone. Starting to be annoyed by Apple's whole secrecy deal :mad:

ive been thinking about the s3 for other reasons.
im fairly sure all companies keep their phones secret until announced lol..

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
In the past the apple app store was way ahead of the android market. Not so much now since they pretty much mirror each other. the major difference now is the apps on android simply do not have the high quality of the apple apps.

How does the Play Store mirror the App Store then? You kinda contradict yourself.

----------

That's pretty much what all companies do, or try to, anyway. It's sad that you're mad about that. It's not just Apple.

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011

It's hard to compare an actually released product with one that is only speculated. What happens if you don't think the next iPhone is that great? You would have deprived yourself of what you described as a "great phone" for the next few months.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Reported for trying to say I'm trolling because you don't agree with my POV which is against the forum rules.

And yes, the stock Android keyboard is terrible so you're forced to go change it which is unprofessional.

No, you change it because you can...and there are many others that yes, are better than the stock keyboard. The keyboard that is awful imo is the iPhone keyboard. Purely dreadful.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
What's so dreadful about it? I have zero problems with it

I hated typing on my iPhone. First of all it was too small, it lagged when you turned it horizontal to have a bigger keyboard and the auto correct was a pain in th a**. It was typo city everytime and made texting un-enjoyable.

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
How does the Play Store mirror the App Store then? You kinda contradict yourself.

----------

That's pretty much what all companies do, or try to, anyway. It's sad that you're mad about that. It's not just Apple.

you used to could argue that google play store was lacking a ton of apps that the app store had. that is no longer the case IE they now mirror each other in app selection. what google play is lacking still is the quality of those apps that it finally offers

everyone saying the keyboard choices on android are superior, i disagree. I have both swype and swifkey, which are supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, on my gnex. they both suck. The keys on swiftkey are too small and swype still auto corrects words incorrectly that have been added manually. IMO typing on the iphone was much better.

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
everyone saying the keyboard choices on android are superior, i disagree. I have both swype and swifkey, which are supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, on my gnex. they both suck. The keys on swiftkey are too small and swype still auto corrects words incorrectly that have been added manually. IMO typing on the iphone was much better.

Keyboard choices on Android are superior. On Android, I have the option of having a phone with a physical keyboard. Just my personal preference. I like to actually feel the keys under my fingers.

I wonder if there will be any left when I get my next phone. There seem to be fewer and fewer of them every year now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.