Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Bolded statement!!!

Exactly!

These guys are dancing around like monkeys because finally, the iPhone clones aren't embarrassingly garbage anymore.

That's not a victory. That's insecurity.

I've been in the android camp, and still dabble in it during "Root weekends", but nothing about it can sway me back into being an android consumer.

I think it is bad software.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
Ok well I still disagree but lets see what you got...

Please do. I can't think of anything I need a widget for?
i don't like widgets either, for the most part, but I do have one that I use. It shows how much data I use on my wifi and on 4g and sets itself for my cycle. Pretty useful feature. Most other widgets are crap though, i agree.

What do you need to share? I can't think of an example of something I would want to do that I can't do? I usually sent to Twitter or to YouTube. Sometimes email and msg. They are all there. What else is there that you need?
Anyone can share photos with each other regardless of phone type with the app 'Bump'. However, iOS is limited in where it can share things.

I can't see myself needing the file in any other capacity. It's either on my phone or laptop or uploaded/shared to YouTube.

Strongly disagree. The keyboard and more importantly, the touch response is just phenomenal on iPhone. For years this was the huge demerit for android.
This is my biggest issue with ios. No predictive keyboard. No customization for the keyboard. Auto-correct is archaic. i need ios to correct my mistakes when I miss spaces or add too many spaces. Right now, it takes me a while to correct everything manually. I turn everything off, cause it is just unbearqble for me.
I just downloaded the Swiftkey keyboard and Oh my god! This is how I want all of my keyboards from now on!!!

But the problem is touch response. It's just different on Android. In a bad way.
I have not noticed this? In fact, I like the haptic feeedback I get when typing. Touch response on both phones is equal imo.

It's also a demerit that you have to go download a new keyboard out of box.

why would this be a demerit. If there is a different keyboard that allows you to be more functional, I see that as a possitive. Apple really should allow more keyboard options.

So now we are left with a list of strengths that I don't care about.

But there are a lot of weaknesses that I sure damn do care about such as:

Generic amateur UI design ??? Both OS's look similar. I don't understand this?
Low res touch response technology - low res? The S3 is 1.5 inches bigger, but isonly 20ppi lower than the smaller iphone. Imo, both screens look great, but the iphones is crisper. Response from touch is equal.

Dull screen feel -> don't know what this means either?
Uninspired hardware -> What hardware would inspire you?
Inconsistent behavior if not unstable. Buggy. -> Again, not something I have noticed.
Ugly Apps/trashware -> as opposed to the fart apps in the ios app store. All these type of stores have crap apps. Apple's reg apps tend to be the best though.

Android still has a lot of cathing up to do in CRITICAL areas.[/QUOTE]

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Those were all piss poor responses. Try again with something a bit more thought out.

1. Android's UI looks much better than the cartoony bubbly looking iOS UI, and is ten times better than looking at the wall of icons you call a home screen. Staring at your home screen is like staring at my app drawer. Why would I want to constantly be in my app drawer? Show me something useful.
2. You have no idea what you're talking about. Try sticking to things you actually have knowledge of.
3. Dull screen feel? Could be any more vague than that? That statement is pitiful, and will not even be dignified with a response.
4. The hardware in the GS3 is better than the 4S, so if it's uninspired, then the 4S is flat out saddening.
5. Name these bugs. I'd love to hear them. What recent high-end Android device has been unstable? I'll wait on that answer.
6. Some are, some aren't. I've seen plenty of garbage apps on iOS too. It comes with the territory of smartphones. Every app isn't elegant and every app isn't ugly.
7. Now you're really reaching. To that, I'd say the only phone with a hardware button on the face is the GS3, all the other are capacitive. That said, the GS3's home button makes no noise. On another note, the iPhone's home button is garbage, and is known for failing...so much for build quality ;)
8. If simplicity is so important, then explain to me why you can't attach whatever attachments you want inside an email. If you want to send more than one attachment, you have to send multiple emails. That doesn't sound simple, that sounds tedious. Explain why I must use a computer to create my own ringtone. That doesn't sound very simple. Why do you have to hack your phone just to change your default browser? That doesn't sound very simple either.

That's the best you've got? That attempt was pathetic. Take your time and come with something more well thought out than that sad attempt you just made.

1. I'm talking every detail. Buttons, color scheme choices, shapes, details. Every aspect is just poor and ugly and generic. Why are you talking about widgets when I'm talking UI design?

2. Um touch response? It's not rocket science. iPhone touch response is like what 1080P is to Android being like DVD quality. It just feels like its less responsive and is operating in a lower "resolution" of speed and smoothness. Nice bailout on that answer.

3. Yeah it looks like depressing. Again nice bailout due to no existing rebuttal.

4. Way to pass an oposite opinion as a rebuttal. Nothing is as beutiful as the fancy glass/glass with the metal band. Many people spend time just staring at the shocking beauty and elegance of the iPhone. That's pretty common.

5. I always see people complain and Android suffers from the same thing any other open system like windows does such as slowing down after adding lots of software and getting bloaty and changing over time like a bad spouse. iPhone in the other hand is the same consistent performance speed as the day I got it factory stock despite what I load on it.

6. Some are some aren't but the question is how many? The garbage apps on ios are just anomalies here and there but the mainstream app market is the best on earth. Vs the Android even the mainstream apps are B-squad iterations and is overall filled with trash. Not to mentioned delayed releases. And they are just not popular with the best devs. All the cool devs make stuff for iPhone where all the cool consumers are at. That's the gold one consumer base everyone is after.

7. I'm talking about the software buttons sound effect as a a small nitpick representative of little details that are overlooked and just not Apple status perfectly thought out and evaluated.

8. I've never had to email like that. If I did I would use my laptop most likely. Which is also portable.

chewietobbacca

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
i don't like widgets either, for the most part, but I do have one that I use. It shows how much data I use on my wifi and on 4g and sets itself for my cycle. Pretty useful feature. Most other widgets are crap though, i agree.

What do you need to share? I can't think of an example of something I would want to do that I can't do? I usually sent to Twitter or to YouTube. Sometimes email and msg. They are all there. What else is there that you need?
Anyone can share photos with each other regardless of phone type with the app 'Bump'. However, iOS is limited in where it can share things.

I can't see myself needing the file in any other capacity. It's either on my phone or laptop or uploaded/shared to YouTube.

Strongly disagree. The keyboard and more importantly, the touch response is just phenomenal on iPhone. For years this was the huge demerit for android.
This is my biggest issue with ios. No predictive keyboard. No customization for the keyboard. Auto-correct is archaic. i need ios to correct my mistakes when I miss spaces or add too many spaces. Right now, it takes me a while to correct everything manually. I turn everything off, cause it is just unbearqble for me.
I just downloaded the Swiftkey keyboard and Oh my god! This is how I want all of my keyboards from now on!!!

But the problem is touch response. It's just different on Android. In a bad way.
I have not noticed this? In fact, I like the haptic feeedback I get when typing. Touch response on both phones is equal imo.

why would this be a demerit. If there is a different keyboard that allows you to be more functional, I see that as a possitive. Apple really should allow more keyboard options.

Generic amateur UI design ??? Both OS's look similar. I don't understand this?
Low res touch response technology - low res? The S3 is 1.5 inches bigger, but isonly 20ppi lower than the smaller iphone. Imo, both screens look great, but the iphones is crisper. Response from touch is equal.

Dull screen feel -> don't know what this means either?
Uninspired hardware -> What hardware would inspire you?
Inconsistent behavior if not unstable. Buggy. -> Again, not something I have noticed.
Ugly Apps/trashware -> as opposed to the fart apps in the ios app store. All these type of stores have crap apps. Apple's reg apps tend to be the best though.

Android still has a lot of cathing up to do in CRITICAL areas.
[/QUOTE]

Ignore the troll, really...

"Uninspired hardware?"

Demerit for keyboard alternatives?

Heaven forbid, people have a CHOICE in what they want their phone to do for them! The horror! :eek:

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Ignore the troll, really...

"Uninspired hardware?"

Demerit for keyboard alternatives?

Heaven forbid, people have a CHOICE in what they want their phone to do for them! The horror! :eek:

Reported for trying to say I'm trolling because you don't agree with my POV which is against the forum rules.

And yes, the stock Android keyboard is terrible so you're forced to go change it which is unprofessional.

404 tech junkie

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
I've never had to email like that. If I did I would use my laptop most likely. Which is also portable.

You've got to run to your laptop?! Just to send an email with 2 attachments? lol Well while you're lugging around a laptop and having to go boot it up just to send a simple email, I'll be finished doing it on my phone, and be back to my day. lol @ needing a laptop just to send an email. Not exactly making your beloved iPhone look very good right there Bobby.. :p

reefoid

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2011
UK
4. Way to pass an oposite opinion as a rebuttal. Nothing is as beutiful as the fancy glass/glass with the metal band. Many people spend time just staring at the shocking beauty and elegance of the iPhone. That's pretty common.

Really? You know people who just sit and stare at their phone because they think it looks good? Weird, but I suppose it takes all sorts. Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so is totally subjective and pointless to debate about.

5. I always see people complain and Android suffers from the same thing any other open system like windows does such as slowing down after adding lots of software and getting bloaty and changing over time like a bad spouse. iPhone in the other hand is the same consistent performance speed as the day I got it factory stock despite what I load on it.

Rubbish. Maybe you shouldn't base your arguments on other people's complaints. I've got a SGS2 that is still as fast as the day I got it a year ago. If people are going to have loads of stuff running in the background, obviously there will be a hit. But with normal usage your statement is incorrect.

6. Some are some aren't but the question is how many? The garbage apps on ios are just anomalies here and there but the mainstream app market is the best on earth. Vs the Android even the mainstream apps are B-squad iterations and is overall filled with trash. Not to mentioned delayed releases. And they are just not popular with the best devs. All the cool devs make stuff for iPhone where all the cool consumers are at. That's the gold one consumer base everyone is after.

So its all about being cool? Whatever. All major apps are available on both platforms, and the quality is usually equal. There isn't one app I use on my work 4S that I can't get on Android.

8. I've never had to email like that. If I did I would use my laptop most likely. Which is also portable.

Really, that's the best you can do? Yeah, I really want to carry both my phone and laptop around with me on the off chance I get asked to mail multiple attachments whilst I'm on the beach/down the pub/out shopping.

jayenh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2008
1. I'm talking every detail. Buttons, color scheme choices, shapes, details. Every aspect is just poor and ugly and generic. Why are you talking about widgets when I'm talking UI design?

this is like arguing between tea and coffee.... different people have different tastes. personally i don't think android is ugly and generic at all.

2. Um touch response? It's not rocket science. iPhone touch response is like what 1080P is to Android being like DVD quality. It just feels like its less responsive and is operating in a lower "resolution" of speed and smoothness. Nice bailout on that answer.

not sure if you have used an android device lately, but this just isn't true any more. when i used my GF's android device 2 from 2 years ago i thought the same thing. there was lag, no question. the response between moving your finger and the app or page or whatever scrolling was noticeable, but it doesn't exist any more. even before jelly bean, ICS seemed to fix this for the most part, and even before ICS the hardware out this time last year was smoothening the experience

3. Yeah it looks like depressing. Again nice bailout due to no existing rebuttal.

you're doing the exact same thing.... and again, you're arguing opinion and taste as fact.

do you read your own posts before making comments like this....? again, you're doing the exact same thing. the majority of your list for the other guy was all opinion based.

never come across this any more than an iphone. take the iphone 4, which begins to suffer from the same performance issues you are talking about when you start to fill it with apps. hell, even my ipad 3 has its slow downs. you will always get this. for the most part things will be smooth, but with ANY system you will get moments were things slow down.

try browsing any category by top free or top paid. unless you know exactly what you want both stores are as bad as each other, ie 90% garbage and 10% what you actually want, that is not an "anomaly". i find it easier to google the type of app and then go in to the store after i have found one i like the look of and search for it by name. both stores are horrible to browse.

as for delays, there are plenty of apps were this is the other way round. and in most cases the delays are days/weeks, that's nothing.

by the way, "all the cool devs" just sounds so blind. you make this sound like a "my dad is bigger than your dad" kids fight and, again, turn your argument in to an opinion. your idea of a "cool" dev might not be someone elses. personally i care more about the product itself than the company that makes it

7. I'm talking about the software buttons sound effect as a a small nitpick representative of little details that are overlooked and just not Apple status perfectly thought out and evaluated.

taste again. although the hardware failure of the home button is a valid point by the other guy, its why i had to get a new phone.

if your laptop is so portable why do you have a smartphone?

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
Why do you keep insisting that it's as smooth? Touch response is still not in the same league. Loading a page fast is not the same as UI interaction. Do you even understand the difference?

I used an S3 just yesterday and it's still not as beautiful of an experience as an iPhone.

LOL!! I love your attitude Bobby, you never cease to put in a reply that makes this whole thread a pi***ng contest. Why I insist on saying it is smooth IS BECAUSE IT IS!!!! It's not like I have never used an iPhone, iPad or iMac in my life. I have carried and loved my iP4 for 2 years, I own a new gen iPad (which DOES stutter using Pulse news reader when I scroll). I think what you fail to realize that ALL tech devices INCLUDING APPLE have some minute stutters. If I was to just look at my phone and evaluate it completely on how SMOOOOOOTH my scrolling or app opening or menu or home page swapping was I would never have ANY phone!!!! To me it is smooth, I have yet to notice ANY lag that is noticeable or remarkable enough to note. Meaning, there is not one thing on this phone that I have tried to enable, activate, or start that has caused me any discernible lag or pauses. Sheesh! Just because you see things differently from me is no reason to assume that my vision is faulty because I don't see things the way you do. If I did, I think I would be a miserable person.

And that is exactly what makes their ridiculous "Android has passed up iPhone" comments so unbearable, because they're just not "getting it"

Its one thing if they simply don't get it, but it's another when they are so cock-sure about some supposed superiority that only exists in their minds because they couldnt even tell a crow from a fox tail.

Because the WHOLE mobile phone market is completely contingent upon YOUR desires eh? Well I am glad to know that, perhaps you can go tell Tim Cook to stand down because you have it all under control and know what everyone wants!!

Ok well I still disagree but lets see what you got...

I rarely if ever have used the notification center. In fact I forget it's there until I play a game and the slider comes up.

Please do. I can't think of anything I need a widget for?

Ppl say well change the keyboard.

Can't see myself needing text wrapping but maybe it could be useful. Can't see myself complaining about that but Chrome is there. Usually 99% of the time I browse I started with the browser so the default browser thing is a stretch of a criticism IMO.

On no this problem is crazy bad.!!!

It's also 2005 right now!

The rest of those are also hard for me to imagine caring about. I usually just browse the web, listen to music, check social networks, play some games while pooping, and send and receive messages. I have a calendar, an alarm clock, a calculator, and they are all very nice in iCloud. I am very organized yet it is seamless and simple and a joy to use, just staring at the glass/glass shinyness.

I dunno I have unlimited data. Dont need that.

Generic amateur UI design
Low res touch response technology
Dull screen feel
Uninspired hardware
Inconsistent behavior if not unstable. Buggy.
Ugly Apps/trashware
That damn echoey click sound when you click stuff
Does not understand the importance of the statement: simplicity is the height of prefessionalism in its design philosophy.

Android still has a lot of cathing up to do in CRITICAL areas.

404 Tech guy put in a very well thought out post and I believe you just skimmed it and looked at it in a "I don't use this, I don't like that, I am the center of the universe" He wasn't criticizing anyone but laid out some very interesting facts. I know it sounds like I am bashing you Bobby, but what I am bashing is the fact that you have to sink your teeth into every Android post with complete biased attitude, without even giving creditability to others that may not choose the same as you. So rather than saying something like "Good points dude, lets agree to disagree" you just keep plowing on like a kid who wants a candy. MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM!!!

Reported for trying to say I'm trolling because you don't agree with my POV which is against the forum rules.

And yes, the stock Android keyboard is terrible so you're forced to go change it which is unprofessional.

As much as I LOVED my iP4 the keyboard was not the best for me and I would have LOVED the chance to modify it just a bit to work for my hands. Is it really unprofessional to modify our own personal tools to work in the way that provides us with the best user experience?

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
ive had an imported gsm gnex since it came out and I cant wait to get rid of it. Battery life is terrible, gps barely works, the phone gets hot and the OS has no consistency. even the menu button changes places depending on what you are doing. I also though I would like widgets but most are simply glorified shortcuts same as going into the app itself.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
ive had an imported gsm gnex since it came out and I cant wait to get rid of it. Battery life is terrible, gps barely works, the phone gets hot and the OS has no consistency. even the menu button changes places depending on what you are doing. I also though I would like widgets but most are simply glorified shortcuts same as going into the app itself.

too bad it didn't work out for you but I am sure you will love iPhone if that is the way you decide to go. I really enjoyed mine for the 2 years I had it! I also agree with you a bit on widgets. I recently learned in a painful factory reset kinda way that if you delete widgets you delete the apps. I haven't found a widget I like enough or want enough to put on my home screen!!!

I have also heard that Windows phones now are on par for OS fluidity and solidity with iOS now. I just don't care for the UI.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have also heard that Windows phones now are on par for OS fluidity and solidity with iOS now. I just don't care for the UI.
I don't like the metro UI as well, but I have heard positive reviews of the OS. I wold recommend avoiding a windows phone until they release WP8. The reason is that MS has decided not to upgrade existing windows phones to windows 8. Why spend $$, and/or be locked into a phone with limited upgrades (they promised point updates to provide added features).

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
I don't like the metro UI as well, but I have heard positive reviews of the OS. I wold recommend avoiding a windows phone until they release WP8. The reason is that MS has decided not to upgrade existing windows phones to windows 8. Why spend $$, and/or be locked into a phone with limited upgrades (they promised point updates to provide added features).

I agree with you totally. Lumia is a beautiful design, I kind of wish that Nokia went with Android vs Microsoft I would have LOVED that form factor for my S3!

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I recently learned in a painful factory reset kinda way that if you delete widgets you delete the apps.

Are you talking about removing a widget from your home screens or from the app manager? If you press and hold a widget and drag it to "remove" it won't delete the app, it will just remove it from the home screen. As for in the app manager, widgets are usually installed as part of an app so they're one and the same, i.e. you only have "Facebook" installed and not "Facebook" and "Facebook widget" :)

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
You've got to run to your laptop?! Just to send an email with 2 attachments? lol Well while you're lugging around a laptop and having to go boot it up just to send a simple email, I'll be finished doing it on my phone, and be back to my day. lol @ needing a laptop just to send an email. Not exactly making your beloved iPhone look very good right there Bobby.. :p

In my whole life, I dont remember ever needing to send two different types of attachments. To the point that if I had to do it, it would be so rare that having to send 2 (TWO!) whole emails wouldnt matter. I only send pictures or word documents. That is it.

If I was ever taking care of business further than the scope of pictures or word documents (like music files or something) it would be done on my Macbook.

And if for some reason I dont have access to my laptop Ill just use my phone and dammmit... open up TWO whole emails.

Bring the pain!

Smartphones, especially the iPhone, are marketed as convergence devices. There's no point in having a smartphone if you're going to carry around a laptop and resort to using that. :confused:

Well in a pinch, I could still do it from my phone. I dont see what I would need to do, but whatever it is, it is still executable and achievable. Whatever theoretical thing that might be.

Really? You know people who just sit and stare at their phone because they think it looks good? Weird, but I suppose it takes all sorts. Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so is totally subjective and pointless to debate about.

Yes I do. I do it. Many people do it. Jealous?

Rubbish. Maybe you shouldn't base your arguments on other people's complaints. I've got a SGS2 that is still as fast as the day I got it a year ago. If people are going to have loads of stuff running in the background, obviously there will be a hit. But with normal usage your statement is incorrect.

So you agreed there will be a hit. Well, I doubt you ever owned an iPhone based on the fact that you dont realize it doesnt have to be that way. With Android, since its such an open system (cue angel choir) now you have more work to do and stress out in your mind everytime you install something. Is this gonna slow down my system?? With Steve Jobs devices, you dont have to EVER worry about that.

So its all about being cool? Whatever. All major apps are available on both platforms, and the quality is usually equal. There isn't one app I use on my work 4S that I can't get on Android.

Fair enough but it is still nice to know that the iOS side is the most supported side and you will never run into unpleasant surprises and roadblocks. Its the premier app store and it feels good knowing that you are working with the best software the developers of our generation have to offer. The superior elegance really makes itself count in this area.

Really, that's the best you can do? Yeah, I really want to carry both my phone and laptop around with me on the off chance I get asked to mail multiple attachments whilst I'm on the beach/down the pub/out shopping.

why would that ever happen???? What kind of mission critical scenario are you talking about?

"Marcus, I know youre at the beach but I need you to email me that "???" file and that other "???" file.

"Dang it!!!! Im gonna have to send you two emails Marv! Cr@p!!!"

this is like arguing between tea and coffee.... different people have different tastes. personally i don't think android is ugly and generic at all.

No thats like comparing an Aston Martin to a Toyota and saying "well I dont think the Toyota is ugly."

not sure if you have used an android device lately, but this just isn't true any more. when i used my GF's android device 2 from 2 years ago i thought the same thing. there was lag, no question. the response between moving your finger and the app or page or whatever scrolling was noticeable, but it doesn't exist any more. even before jelly bean, ICS seemed to fix this for the most part, and even before ICS the hardware out this time last year was smoothening the experience

Im not talking about "lag" im talking about "touch response" and "feel"

Yes it is still there I just checked two days ago and I being an iPhone owner I can feel a percievalbe difference. Its like a lower framerate of behavior. A small detail. But a very important one since it permeates into everything you do on the device.

you're doing the exact same thing.... and again, you're arguing opinion and taste as fact.

do you read your own posts before making comments like this....? again, you're doing the exact same thing. the majority of your list for the other guy was all opinion based.

you just did that in the first paragraph in this very post though.. lol lol lol

never come across this any more than an iphone. take the iphone 4, which begins to suffer from the same performance issues you are talking about when you start to fill it with apps. hell, even my ipad 3 has its slow downs. you will always get this. for the most part things will be smooth, but with ANY system you will get moments were things slow down.

I think now you are making the Android platform seem more stable than it is. Its just not built that way and no, on iPhone 4S and iPad 3 there is no changes in behavior because it is a closed system.

try browsing any category by top free or top paid. unless you know exactly what you want both stores are as bad as each other, ie 90% garbage and 10% what you actually want, that is not an "anomaly". i find it easier to google the type of app and then go in to the store after i have found one i like the look of and search for it by name. both stores are horrible to browse.

Store browsing experience is different than store content but I agree, I also just research outside of the store first.

as for delays, there are plenty of apps were this is the other way round. and in most cases the delays are days/weeks, that's nothing.

Tiny Wings

by the way, "all the cool devs" just sounds so blind. you make this sound like a "my dad is bigger than your dad" kids fight and, again, turn your argument in to an opinion. your idea of a "cool" dev might not be someone elses. personally i care more about the product itself than the company that makes it

Well this is valid because the best devs = the best products and apps. So its important.

if your laptop is so portable why do you have a smartphone?
I use both for different things. Also the iPad has its golden place.

LOL!! I love your attitude Bobby,
THANKS!

you never cease to put in a reply that makes this whole thread a pi***ng contest. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Why I insist on saying it is smooth IS BECAUSE IT IS!!!! WRONG!

It's not like I have never used an iPhone, iPad or iMac in my life. I have carried and loved my iP4 for 2 years, I own a new gen iPad (which DOES stutter using Pulse news reader when I scroll). I think what you fail to realize that ALL tech devices INCLUDING APPLE have some minute stutters. But they are not the same! iOS is still smoother because of the way its built as a closed system!

If I was to just look at my phone and evaluate it completely on how SMOOOOOOTH my scrolling or app opening or menu or home page swapping was I would never have ANY phone!!!! To me it is smooth, I have yet to notice ANY lag that is noticeable or remarkable enough to note. Meaning, there is not one thing on this phone that I have tried to enable, activate, or start that has caused me any discernible lag or pauses. Sheesh! Just because you see things differently from me is no reason to assume that my vision is faulty because I don't see things the way you do. If I did, I think I would be a miserable person.

Im not saying youre blind silly, just saying that the feel is more rewarding and intutitive based on a few various factors of detail that all come together to make a more "responsive" experience. Thats different than not seeing it. Its that youre not "feeling' it. You feel me??

Because the WHOLE mobile phone market is completely contingent upon YOUR desires eh? Well I am glad to know that, perhaps you can go tell Tim Cook to stand down because you have it all under control and know what everyone wants!!

If Phil Schiller needs some help he can always ask me questions I would be glad to give my feedback on anything he needs.

404 Tech guy put in a very well thought out post and I believe you just skimmed it and looked at it in a "I don't use this, I don't like that, I am the center of the universe" He wasn't criticizing anyone but laid out some very interesting facts. I know it sounds like I am bashing you Bobby, but what I am bashing is the fact that you have to sink your teeth into every Android post with complete biased attitude, without even giving creditability to others that may not choose the same as you. So rather than saying something like "Good points dude, lets agree to disagree" you just keep plowing on like a kid who wants a candy. MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM!!!

Its not that Im not giving their side a chance, its that its all been pre-evaluated and discussed before in great detail so I already know all their potential arguments. I also know all their potential biases and hidden agendas which motivate them to take these stances which upon further inspection turn out to be insecurites which influence their decisions. So I went to the store and looked at an S3 and it is still lacking from a consumer standpoint. I am a lot less biased than you might think. My main talent in life is understanding consumers mindstates. And it is from that vantage point that I am able to criticize their opinions because the moment that Android DOES catch up (if it does) I will be the first to notice it and admit it. Until then, it continues to be a foregone conclusion and a product of anti-establishment insecurity bias of wanting Android, (anybody) to be better than Apple which influences their choices, as a consumer, in a skewed way.

As much as I LOVED my iP4 the keyboard was not the best for me and I would have LOVED the chance to modify it just a bit to work for my hands. Is it really unprofessional to modify our own personal tools to work in the way that provides us with the best user experience?

Id rather it just works. I have lots of girls to message and send pictures to. I dont have time to fiddle around with techie stuff

I don't care so much about what the phone can do as it currently does everything I need it to do, the rest are just bells I'll never ring and whistles I'll never blow.

Last edited:

Fireblade

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Italy
Steve Jobs said the iPhone was 5 years ahead of anyone else, and he was so spot on.

Of course the iPhone ist still 5 years ahead, but the question is ahead of what.

iPhone is about 2010, so it is 5 years ahead of this (Nokia 1600, 2005).
200px-Nokia1600_01.jpg

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Well in a pinch, I could still do it from my phone. I dont see what I would need to do, but whatever it is, it is still executable and achievable. Whatever theoretical thing that might be.

You talk like sending multiple attachments in an email is some bizarre thing that nobody ever does... I have to do that multiple times a day in my job. In honesty, I don't need to use my phone to do it because I have a desk job, but it would be such a nightmare on the iPhone if I was mobile.

If I wanted to attach a spreadsheet and a word processed document to an email, I'd have to send two different emails, and I cant attach either of those types of files from the email app, I'd have to go into each individual app (pages, numbers) and send them that way.

I've been able to attach multiple files to a single email since I started using computers like 15 years ago.

I'm not trying to convince you the iPhone isn't right for you or whatever, just concede that there are things that can be improved upon.

dgree03

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
I don't care so much about what the phone can do as it currently does everything I need it to do, the rest are just bells I'll never ring and whistles I'll never blow.

ahh now we get to the basis of your entire argument. You don't care about features you dont use, so therefore that cannot make the S3 better than the iPhone... because YOU don't USE the features extra features on the S3.

SO why don't you list what apps or functions you do use your phone for, then someone can create a pointed rebuttal at your "CORE NEEDS"... but I can tell you from experience.. there isn't much even in that arena that the iPhone bests the S3 in.

But hey you can try, right?

----------

You talk like sending multiple attachments in an email is some bizarre thing that nobody ever does... I have to do that multiple times a day in my job. In honesty, I don't need to use my phone to do it because I have a desk job, but it would be such a nightmare on the iPhone if I was mobile.

If I wanted to attach a spreadsheet and a word processed document to an email, I'd have to send two different emails, and I cant attach either of those types of files from the email app, I'd have to go into each individual app (pages, numbers) and send them that way.

I've been able to attach multiple files to a single email since I started using computers like 15 years ago.

I'm not trying to convince you the iPhone isn't right for you or whatever, just concede that there are things that can be improved upon.

I mean isn't the iPhone a "SMARTPHONE"? what is so smart about not being able to attach multiple document types to one email?

No smart dial?

Having to drill into setting to turn on and off bluetooth and airplane mode?

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010

So how many people of the population of Earth you think have jobs where they have to send multiple types of attachments and dont have a laptop? And would need to do it from a phone instead?

Think for a second, what would you say that % is?

Oh no, thats a nightmare!

ahh now we get to the basis of your entire argument. You don't care about features you dont use, so therefore that cannot make the S3 better than the iPhone... because YOU don't USE the features extra features on the S3.

Its not just me, its the majority of consumers. My girlfriend doesn't use any of that stuff besides phone, text, contacts, web, facebook app.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
So how many people of the population of Earth you think have jobs where they have to send multiple types of attachments and dont have a laptop? And would need to do it from a phone instead?

Doctors, lawyers, politicians, anyone that owns their own business... basically anyone that doesnt have a sit down job.

It is when you have to do it multiple times a day. Why are you so against improvements? You seem to revel in the fact that things are more difficult on iOS? You are strange.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010

dgree03

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009

Its not just me, its the majority of consumers. My girlfriend doesn't use any of that stuff besides phone, text, contacts, web, facebook app.

You + your GF = Everybody.. ok got it...:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.