Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Hi!

I'm an independent developer from Switzerland who started a VPN service: SwizzVPN. Now I also like to present you my ChatGPT client SwizzAI.

It uses the official OpenAI API using GPT-3.5-Turbo and GPT-4-Turbo models and can also generate AI images using DALL-E 2. Apps for iOS and Mac. You get 5 free messages/requests.

Because it provides the same priority and GPT-4 access as with ChatGPT Plus subscription in addition of AI image generation, but at only a fraction of the price. Also it doesn‘t collect any data and your queries are not used for training.

Feedback wanted. Thanks!

App Store

Attachments

• swizzai-promo.png
    swizzai-promo.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

MindMike

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2020
I'm thinking of buying the lifetime license. Are all upcoming features (like GPT-4, ...) also part of the lifetime option or do you plan to charge extra for future features?

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Upcoming features will be part of the current subscription/purchases, except for GPT-4, since API prices for it are 30x of GPT-3.5 as of now.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

MindMike

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2020
Thank you for the fast reply. What's your plan with GPT-4 then, especially for lifetime users? Is it an additional (smaller) subscription?

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Yes I think that will be. Maybe I add a monthly limited request to GPT-4, and when you need more, you can buy additional tokens. So I can keep prices low but still give access to it.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
New update released, with pre-defined prompt suggestions and also the ability to add your own.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Just released version 2.0.0 with GPT-4 support, for the same prices.

EDIT: Due to some underlying code changes, unfortunately you'll loose your existing chats. So if you have anything important there, please save/export it first.

Last edited:

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hi @pvalerio

I’ve considered purchasing other apps subscriptions or even the official Plus subscription. I’m not a fan of subscriptions but in this case I completely understand this model is necessary, so here are my questions:

-I see that the lifetime license for iOS and macOS are separate, so you cannot purchase the macOS lifetime license and use it on your iPhone right?

-The lifetime subscription currently offers GPT-4 access? Is this going to be this way in the future?

-Does the monthly subscription grant me premium access to both macOS and iOS apps? And to GPT-4?

That’s all, thank you.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Hi @Populus

Thanks for your interest!

- Yes that‘s right, the lifetime purchase is separate. There‘s one for Mac and one for iOS (valid for iPhone & iPad).

- Yes, GPT-4 is currently included as it is. I‘m not 100% sure yet in the future, it depends on the average usage of the users. API costs are about 30 times the one from GPT-3.5. I may apply some limits per month, but I try to keep it as unrestricted as possible, time will show.

- Yes, subscription gives access to all devices, including GPT-4. There‘s also the iPad version.

Greetings

BTW: Next update features a Status Menu Bar icon for quick and easy access on the Mac version.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hi @Populus

Thanks for your interest!

- Yes that‘s right, the lifetime purchase is separate. There‘s one for Mac and one for iOS (valid for iPhone & iPad).

- Yes, GPT-4 is currently included as it is. I‘m not 100% sure yet in the future, it depends on the average usage of the users. API costs are about 30 times the one from GPT-3.5. I may apply some limits per month, but I try to keep it as unrestricted as possible, time will show.

- Yes, subscription gives access to all devices, including GPT-4. There‘s also the iPad version.

Greetings

BTW: Next update features a Status Menu Bar icon for quick and easy access on the Mac version.
Honestly, I would buy the lifetime version if there was an universal purchase, but I respect your decision. However, what really discourages me from getting either lifetime version is the uncertainty about the sustainability of GPT-4 and the possible restrictions applied in the future.

After what happened to Apollo, I’m more careful with lifetime purchases.

That being said, I will probably try the monthly subscription on my iPhone, iPad and Mac, and see how it goes.

Thank you.

PS: I hope you don’t get mad about any criticism, but I think the app icon can improve making it a bit more minimalist. Your SwizzVPN icon, for example, is pretty cool. Just my humble opinion.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
I understand the uncertainty of a lifetime purchase. That's why I separated them, because a unified one wouldn't be sustainable, or I would have to raise the price of it, which would be unfair for iOS-only users. But I don't think that OpenAI is going the same route as Reddit, so it shouldn't happen like what Apollo happened.

Sure, I'm open for suggestions. I'm also not very happy yet with the icon. Any ideas? :) What about something like that:

Attachments

• light.png
    light.png
    76 KB · Views: 48
  • dark.png
    dark.png
    121 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I understand the uncertainty of a lifetime purchase. That's why I separated them, because a unified one wouldn't be sustainable, or I would have to raise the price of it, which would be unfair for iOS-only users. But I don't think that OpenAI is going the same route as Reddit, so it shouldn't happen like what Apollo happened.

Sure, I'm open for suggestions. I'm also not very happy yet with the icon. Any ideas? :) What about something like that:
Much better, that one reminds me of a camera app, but I’d be open to other designs with that flat/minimalist aesthetics.

If I come up with any idea (I’m not a graphic designer) I’ll let you know.

A good example of what I meant is this app icon:
CD789E91-89CF-4547-920F-0CF4EAA20C58.jpeg

Last edited:

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Yeah now i see it too... What about that

Attachments

• dark.png
    dark.png
    411.5 KB · Views: 47
  • light.png
    light.png
    465.6 KB · Views: 41

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Yeah now i see it too... What about that
I like it, but don’t rush it, give it some time, maybe one day this summer, while on the bed, you come up with an idea you love for your app icon.

By the way, Valerio, I am a slightly suspicious person, and I see you don’t have a website. I mean, you claim you and your company are based on Switzerland but I cannot find info about your company. Do you have a website planned for the near future with your contact and your company data? Excuse me if this comes off as a bit rude, but I have a hard time trusting devs and I’m pretty mindful of what I install on my devices.

Last edited:

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Thanks, I just took the time to make one now, and I'm thinking I'm going for it. Same style/library as the VPN icon.

I had a small website just like the App Store entry, but I removed it and now just forward the domain (www.swizzai.ch / www.swizzvpn.ch). I wanted to do a proper website, but it also needs maintenance and I'm just too lazy for it. The thing is, I'm also a slightly suspicious person :). There's no company behind it, just me. If you search my name you may come up with some information. Not sure yet how to threat that topic, maybe once I have a small company behind it I'll do it proper. If you want to make sure it's from Switzerland, you can look up the copyright info of my apps in App Store, Apple wouldn't allow that if it wouldn't be true.

Attachments

• light.png
    light.png
    375.7 KB · Views: 50
  • dark.png
    dark.png
    352 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Populus

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Thanks, I just took the time to make one now, and I'm thinking I'm going for it. Same style/library as the VPN icon.

I had a small website just like the App Store entry, but I removed it and now just forward the domain (www.swizzai.ch / www.swizzvpn.ch). I wanted to do a proper website, but it also needs maintenance and I'm just too lazy for it. The thing is, I'm also a slightly suspicious person :). There's no company behind it, just me. If you search my name you may come up with some information. Not sure yet how to threat that topic, maybe once I have a small company behind it I'll do it proper. If you want to make sure it's from Switzerland, you can look up the copyright info of my apps in App Store, Apple wouldn't allow that if it wouldn't be true.
I actually like those icons. A bit generic/tame?, but if you don’t see other AI apps with it, I think it can be good.

As an idea for giving it a bit more personality, maybe put a brain icon, or a world icon on the center instead of the central circle? Or even better! The icon of your VPN app (without the shield) on the center replacing the circle!

Yeah, I asked because I didn’t find a website on your App Store page, but I will trust the copyright and the privacy claims.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
I just now saw your other app/icon example. That looks really cool! A wold/globe in the center sounds good, have to try that. Just had another idea about the colors, want to try make the 3 ovals different.

BTW: I made a lot of improvements today. Lots of UI enhancements that will come with the next update.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Always nice to hear some feedback! It‘s pretty rare nowadays somehow… I guess most try the app and when they don‘t like it just delete it and download another one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.