Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Congrats. The only request I have is the Turkey VPN for the past week has been poor, when I do a speed test it’s 50mbps one second and 1mbps the next lol. It’s making streaming live sports with DAZN unwatchable, Disney plus is fine just a bit buffering. Kind regards
Fixed, please try again as soon as it reconnects (can take up to 1 hour)

Reactions: Daniel.kimber

stian99

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2023
Hi. Looking for a new vpn service that unblocks some specific streaming services on Apple TV and came across this thread. Does anyone know If this service unblocks peacock usa and Fubo Canada with good service? I use it for sports and now that Apple tv has opened for third party vpn’s Im looking for a stable provider :)

Reactions: pvalerio

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Hi. Looking for a new vpn service that unblocks some specific streaming services on Apple TV and came across this thread. Does anyone know If this service unblocks peacock usa and Fubo Canada with good service? I use it for sports and now that Apple tv has opened for third party vpn’s Im looking for a stable provider :)
Thanks for your interest. There's a 3 days free trial to test, just in case nobody answers.

stian99

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2023
Thanks for your interest. There's a 3 days free trial to test, just in case nobody answers.
That’s great, I’ll give it a try. Do you know if the mentioned streaming services are unblocked? I know they trend to block some vpn providers from time to time. Will give it a try anyhow :)

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
That’s great, I’ll give it a try. Do you know if the mentioned streaming services are unblocked? I know they trend to block some vpn providers from time to time. Will give it a try anyhow :)
Unfortunately I've never heard of those streaming providers. But like with other VPN services, also mine gets blocked by some streaming services from time to time. I've introduced a new setting "Optimize Streaming" in one of the last updates which can circumvent some blocked streaming services.

Reactions: stian99

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
There seems to be a bug which causes reconnects or disconnects after about 1h of streaming. Will be fixed on the next update 4.5.3.

EDIT: Update is online now for Apple TV

Last edited:

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Hi guys

I think I nailed it: YouTube ads should now be blocked on Apple TV (and all other Apple devices) using SwizzVPN. Just use a streaming-server and enable optimize streaming. Let me know if it works for you.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
To resolve some ongoing stability problems with some users, the next update 4.5.4 will be enforced. So if you can't connect anymore, make sure to update to the latest version. I hope to resolve the stability problems by the end of next week.

EDIT: New config and enforcement are live, hopefully everything is stable and smooth again. Please update the app if needed. Also it's advisable to enable auto updates, as I see a lot of users running over a month old versions of SwizzVPN.

Last edited:
Reactions: backstreetboy

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Unfortunately another enforcement update is necessary, as all my apps got hacked by some Russian group, meaning they could use them without paying. I finally found how they could do that and fix it with the next update 4.5.6. So if the connection stops working, just update the app again.

Also YouTube ads blocking is now integrated in the setting "Block online ads" (or "Block video ads" on Apple TV). You may need to re-enable the setting after the update.

Hopefully now all struggles around mobile app development are cleared out!

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
The integrated web-browser functionality will be removed from the next update, to be able to offer the app with age rating 4+. For those that were using those features, you can use the completely free app SwizzTube.

clementishutin

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2022
Thank you!

Just to clarify, only the lifetime for Mac is separated, for iPhone and iPad it's the same. Also the subscriptions are valid for all devices.

A quick research about this "FastestVPN":
- based in Australia, so part of the 5-eyes alliance, unlike mine which is based in Switzerland and not part of any such Privacy-invading alliances
- I don't see a lifetime purchase inside App Store, unlike mine
- The lifetime purchase offered on their website is an offer down from 600$ (93%)! Even if it's just marketing, you see what they think it's worth.
- You need to register an account with them, unlike mine
- No free unlimited servers, unlike mine
- they also have pretty mixed reviews mentioning that their apps aren't that good

TL;DR: looks like 1 of a thousand VPN reseller based service I wouldn't trust.
It is a vpn reseller service.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Please update all to the latest version 4.6.3, as prior versions will soon stop working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.