Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okcomputer!

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2023
Because the introductory offer of 149$ (= 40% off) ends on Cyber Monday, which is today. What is there not to understand?

That means there’s no Black Friday discount like you previously stated. You were either falsely advertising or too stupid to not see the difference.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
That means there’s no Black Friday discount like you previously stated. You were either falsely advertising or too stupid to not see the difference.
Lol... Where did I state that there's a Black Friday discount? If you'd have scrolled a bit back you would have read this comment: #318

okcomputer!

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2023
Lol... Where did I state that there's a Black Friday discount? If you'd have scrolled a bit back you would have read this comment: #318

You advertised on the App Store page about the Black Friday discount, when you should have stated that introductory price will last until the end of cyber Monday. But whatever, I’m not interested in your product anymore.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
You advertised on the App Store page about the Black Friday discount, when you should have stated that introductory price will last until the end of cyber Monday. But whatever, I’m not interested in your product anymore.
"40% discount on the lifetime price, until Cyber Monday" something like that I wrote on the App Store page, nothing about "Black Friday". You mean I should have written "Lifetime price will go up 40% after Cyber Monday"? And that is what you call "false advertising" and why you're not interested anymore in the product, even though it makes no difference in what the price is today and tomorrow? Well then, sorry but yeah, I'm clearly too stupid for that! Absolutely no time for such petty stuff. To each his own.

okcomputer!

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2023
I’m no longer interested because of the way you’re conducting your business. When you advertise a 40% discount, it should be 40% cheaper when compared to a previous price point. Since you seem unable to read, I’ll repeat what I replied previously, the correct and truthful way to advertise is to state that your introductory price will last until the end of cyber Monday.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Just to inform you: I'm about to transfer the most used locations (DE, FR, UK, US) to faster and more powerful servers.

Also if you didn't notice yet, I added some new exotic locations in the last weeks: Iceland, Indonesia, New Zealand, Philippines

Daniel.kimber

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2023
I agree with okcomputer! On this matter. I asked previously when the price was £149 if you would do a Black Friday sale and to be fair your response was maybe. But to state 40% off when it has never be 40% more previously is miss marketing. Should have kept the lifetime service to £149 until end of the year. You would have a lot more customers and a happy customer base. But I can not afford to pay £249 when it was £149 just a week ago or even 1 month ago

• Haha
Reactions: Synomenon

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Statistics say otherwise, sorry! You could have bought before, but even then you all just want things as cheap as possible, or for free, or even money back? That's not how it works. You can rant or discuss as much as you want, prices are set, opportunity is over. If you can't afford it, just take the subscription, which is there as even another option! And if you don't like it, just take another product, there are plenty, it's as easy as that. You can't always get what you want in life.

Daniel.kimber

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2023
Statistics say otherwise, sorry! You could have bought before, but even then you all just want things as cheap as possible, or for free, or even money back? That's not how it works. You can rant or discuss as much as you want, prices are set, opportunity is over. If you can't afford it, just take the subscription, which is there as even another option! And if you don't like it, just take another product, there are plenty, it's as easy as that. You can't always get what you want in life.
Swizz vpn the service its self is good but clearly the person running is out for a money grab. Also as pointed out there are other vpn services out there, so the £149 lifetime was the only thing that stood out when comparing others

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Sorry but this is not true! Please show me another serious VPN service which offers a lifetime option to an even cheaper price. Just make the math: The lifetime price before was 3 times the yearly price. So if you're using the app after 3 years, it's basically free. You know that servers are a lot of maintenance and costly each month? And that you want the app still working when iOS 20 comes out? This is nothing about a money grab, it's just not sustainable to sell lifetime packages. But the option is there, for those who just don't want to have another subscription (I also don't like them). So to still offer it, I had to raise the price for it. Maybe one time in the future I will completely drop the lifetime purchase option.

Daniel.kimber

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2023
As I stated I’ve used swizz vpn the service works without issue. The limitation is iOS only and I know u have mentioned expanding to android etc in the future. Lifetime subscription is hard to come by now a days with vpn services but investing in your service at the moment is gamble. I can pay the monthly subscription of £6.99 but in comparison to what’s available with other vpn services express, pure vpn etc (I currently pay $29yr for Windscribe lifetime price) they are better value with more other services available. £149 lifetime with a new vpn company is a fair risk I am willing to take but to increase it to £249 so quick with so many other competitors out there I believe it makes not good value right now. I’m not hating on the product but as they say don’t run before you can walk. If I pay Windscribe $29/£25pm(other vpn services are offering simple promos) that’s £250 in 10yrs or £249 swizz vpn lifetime but you might not last 5yrs for example. That’s just feedback and I believe a lot of people interested in your product feel the same. HIDE VPN that is on Apple TV also, on there website offered 27m $59.99 every 24m for life. £149 for lifetime reconsider for now

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Thanks for the comparisons. I have an idea: Back in the (at least German forum) days there were things like "mass sellings". Where once enough people got together, they could get a special price through the forum. Would this be an option?

Daniel.kimber

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2023
I think it’s something you can try. There are so many vpn companies doing offers at the moment through there websites(not so much through Apple/android app store). Swizz vpn being on the Apple App Store only any promos or marketing than can be pushed the better

backstreetboy

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2023
As I stated I’ve used swizz vpn the service works without issue. The limitation is iOS only and I know u have mentioned expanding to android etc in the future. Lifetime subscription is hard to come by now a days with vpn services but investing in your service at the moment is gamble. I can pay the monthly subscription of £6.99 but in comparison to what’s available with other vpn services express, pure vpn etc (I currently pay $29yr for Windscribe lifetime price) they are better value with more other services available. £149 lifetime with a new vpn company is a fair risk I am willing to take but to increase it to £249 so quick with so many other competitors out there I believe it makes not good value right now. I’m not hating on the product but as they say don’t run before you can walk. If I pay Windscribe $29/£25pm(other vpn services are offering simple promos) that’s £250 in 10yrs or £249 swizz vpn lifetime but you might not last 5yrs for example. That’s just feedback and I believe a lot of people interested in your product feel the same. HIDE VPN that is on Apple TV also, on there website offered 27m $59.99 every 24m for life. £149 for lifetime reconsider for now
He did give a heads up on the forum. You snooze you lose.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
@Apple_Robert Yep that's exactly what I thought. So let's try?

My offer would be: Lifetime 149$ = old price
Amount and deadline: Min. 10 people till the end of the year 2023

How does that sound?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.