Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Is SwizzVPN for Apple TV a separate purchase? I tried tapping on restore purchase and it doesn't appear to be doing anything.
Currently it needs the subscription, which is valid for all devices. It doesn't have a lifetime purchase. But if I'll add it, it will be a separate purchase.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Currently it needs the subscription, which is valid for all devices. It doesn't have a lifetime purchase. But if I'll add it, it will be a separate purchase.
If I understand you correctly, you are saying the purchase I already made for iOS and Mac lifetime will not work with Apple TV and I would have to make another purchase that is currently $50 a year that would cover all devices, even though I already paid for all devices?

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
If I understand you correctly, you are saying the purchase I already made for iOS and Mac lifetime will not work with Apple TV and I would have to make another purchase that is currently $50 a year that would cover all devices, even though I already paid for all devices?
Yes, exactly. Or you could wait till I add a lifetime purchase for Apple TV, if you want to use SwizzVPN on Apple TV.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Yes, exactly. Or you could wait till I add a lifetime purchase for Apple TV, if you want to use SwizzVPN on Apple TV.
I guess I will have to wait and see what you will charge for lifetime. I was looking forward to testing / using this but, I won't be able to, unless I sign up for the sub.

Is the tv app that much different than the iOS app that it can't be used?

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
I guess I will have to wait and see what you will charge for lifetime. I was looking forward to testing / using this but, I won't be able to, unless I sign up for the sub.
If you want to try it, PM me and I'll offer you a subscription year for free, since you were a supporter from the very beginning.

BTW, I forgot to inform, I also enabled family sharing for all the subscription and purchases. Since I also don't limit the devices, you can basically use the same subscription for all the Apple devices in your home including those from your family members.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
If you want to try it, PM me and I'll offer you a subscription year for free, since you were a supporter from the very beginning.

BTW, I forgot to inform, I also enabled family sharing for all the subscription and purchases. Since I also don't limit the devices, you can basically use the same subscription for all the Apple devices in your home including those from your family members.
That is very kind of you. I will pm. And as long as the lifetime is reasonable, I will buy that as well.

Reactions: pvalerio

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Hi guys!

Apple TV launch gave some nice boost in purchases, so I can continue the project.

Starting with the next version 4.2.0 there will be some changes:
- I will unify lifetime purchases, so there's only 1 for all devices. The current model just made frustration and questions. All current purchases will be migrated. If you have more than 1 lifetime purchase and unhappy with that, you may ask for a refund from Apple or contact me via support site.
- I need to change some security certificates inside the app, which will make all versions before 4.2.0 unusable. This will be about 1 week after the release of it, that's about the time where automatic app updates should be through on most devices.
- All of this is the beginning and a step toward to support other platforms like Android, which if the project becomes more successful, will be the next on my list.

In short: If you notice the app stops working the next days, just update it via App Store.

Greetings

EDIT: Updates are online now

Last edited:

carmagedon

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2023
This is very interesting, I didn't know TvOS is able to use OpenVPN protocol. Do you have github? Is the code public?
About unlocking streaming services...you will need very expensive proxies, there is no way to be able to keep this price.

Daniel.kimber

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2023
Hi guys!

Apple TV launch gave some nice boost in purchases, so I can continue the project.

Starting with the next version 4.2.0 there will be some changes:
- I will unify lifetime purchases, so there's only 1 for all devices. The current model just made frustration and questions. All current purchases will be migrated. If you have more than 1 lifetime purchase and unhappy with that, you may ask for a refund from Apple or contact me via support site.
- I need to change some security certificates inside the app, which will make all versions before 4.2.0 unusable. This will be about 1 week after the release of it, that's about the time where automatic app updates should be through on most devices.
- All of this is the beginning and a step toward to support other platforms like Android, which if the project becomes more successful, will be the next on my list.

In short: If you notice the app stops working the next days, just update it via App Store.

Greetings

EDIT: Updates are online now
Will there be a Black Friday sale on the lifetime subscription?

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
For those that are using SwizzVPN on Apple TV, may I ask you to rate the app on the Apple TV App Store? Would help me a lot to keep the ranking. Thanks

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
I was all set to purchase a lifetime pass, but noticed there's not one Philippines server on the list.

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
I was all set to purchase a lifetime pass, but noticed there's not one Philippines server on the list.
Location/server requests are always welcome! I'll add Philippines with the next update of the app.

About Black Friday: As you know, offering a lifetime purchase for a service with recurring costs is always a double-edged sword. Since my VPN keeps up pretty well, I'm considering to do it as my main business. So it has to be sustainable in the long-term, which means lifetime purchase will vanish sometime in the future (doesn't affect existing lifetime purchases). So I'm thinking of keeping the actual prices, and raise the lifetime price after Cyber Monday (it will be 4-5x the yearly price).

I'm also planning to expand to Android and Android TV the next year, to have a more rounded package.

Reactions: Synomenon

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Just a reminder, lifetime price will go up from 149.99$ to 249.99$ after Cyber Monday (28th Nov.), so get it now!

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
I purchased the lifetime pass. I think it went through? Is Apple supposed to email a receipt to me when I make an in-app. purchase like that because it's been two days and I haven't received a receipt yet.

Reactions: pvalerio

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
I purchased the lifetime pass. I think it went through? Is Apple supposed to email a receipt to me when I make an in-app. purchase like that because it's been two days and I haven't received a receipt yet.
Yes there should be a receipt coming but it can take some days afaik. If you got charged then it will be all fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.