Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
No. You don’t have to bring phone back to have them set it up for you. Apple makes the process extremely easy to set the new phone up whether it be new or transferring the date from your old phone to your new one.
I forfot to mention, I am trading my phone in.

I preferred at a T-Mobile store, and I assume they need my trade in in store.

I have been tired. Sorry, forgot I left those details out.

OceanMindedBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Orange County, CA
Geez. Just reading a few of the comments. It’s really backed up for some. I guess it paid off waking up at 5am to order on pre order day. I got my 15 pro max blue delivered by ups the morning of release day. I traded an 11 pro max for $1000 credit. Every went super smooth. Even though I ordered online I was able to turn in my old phone at my local T-Mobile store. Make sure you get a receipt printed. Good luck to all of those with pending orders.

rmcomer

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2020
Geez. Just reading a few of the comments. It’s really backed up for some. I guess it paid off waking up at 5am to order on pre order day. I got my 15 pro max blue delivered by ups the morning of release day. I traded an 11 pro max for $1000 credit. Every went super smooth. Even though I ordered online I was able to turn in my old phone at my local T-Mobile store. Make sure you get a receipt printed. Good luck to all of those with pending orders.
I ordered online and also went to a Corporate T-Mobile store to do my trade-in. I checked after leaving the store and the quoted trade in amount was already on my T-Mobile account. I now have a credit balance and won't have to pay the bill for the next few months.

OceanMindedBoy

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Orange County, CA
I ordered online and also went to a Corporate T-Mobile store to do my trade-in. I checked after leaving the store and the quoted trade in amount was already on my T-Mobile account. I now have a credit balance and won't have to pay the bill for the next few months.
They refunded me $225 instantly. It covers the next bill and some. My device payment went from $50 to $16. W

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
I am doing a trade in, but I never receive a box to return my old phones. Is this weird? I only got the new iPhones.

Edit: Never mind. I will visit their store.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.