Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgthornton

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2014
My T-Mobile order said the estimated delivery date was today between 2pm - 4:45pm. Just checked the tracking and now it’s saying tomorrow at 7pm. Ughhh anyone else? 15PM natural titanium.

Edit: Just checked tracking and it doesn’t have an update from leaving Louisville. No clue if it’s actually coming today or not.
Mine did the exact same 🙄

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
If I happen to find one in store, can I cancel the online order for the phones that were supposed to be delivered?

The in store manager said “no, I have to wait.” The chat reps said the online orders could be canceled. One of those is a trade in by the way.

The T-Mobile app says I won’t get them until October - November. What if I get lucky this weekend or next and find some in store?

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
My phone and watch are still at “Loaded on delivery vehicle” status. Get a move in, UPS! 😅
The phone and watch are both now out for delivery, but it looks like they’re on different trucks because the phone has a delivery estimate of 1-3, and the watch has a delivery estimate of 4-8.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Went into the local t-mobile at 8.

Preordering due till early-mid October. Maybe I’ll get lucky.

Empty store.

Me: yall got any new phones, the big one?

Them: in the max 1 blue one natural.

Me: perfect. Natural please

Entered all my info and got it going aaaaaaaaand… the natural was their phone took display and system wouldn’t let them sell it. Rats! Back to waiting. Worth a shot

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
UPS driver walking up the driveway: “I got some phones for ya!”

c8ba284b71b8355d352964eb887d519d.jpg

Delivered within the 2 hour window.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Went into the local t-mobile at 8.

Preordering due till early-mid October. Maybe I’ll get lucky.

Empty store.

Me: yall got any new phones, the big one?

Them: in the max 1 blue one natural.

Me: perfect. Natural please

Entered all my info and got it going aaaaaaaaand… the natural was their phone took display and system wouldn’t let them sell it. Rats! Back to waiting. Worth a shot
So they were going to let you pick up 1 of those in store even though you had a preorder in the system for delivery?

rmcomer

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2020
Delivered @12pm. Esim transfer from 14PM to 15PM completed quickly. Downloading new software and then finishing setup.

TeeWrecks

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
Bronx, NY
Could I have skipped this years upgrade cycle bc I have a iPhone 14 pro? Yes.

Boy am I happy I didn’t! lol
Never ever going back down to a pro ever again, I miss typing on the pro max and i think the reduction in weight is def noticeable because the phone feels great

Clay case is a nice color, but the feel of the iPhone naked vs silicon is such a difference, I’ll def only throw it on when I’m out and about.

Reactions: BellaPink112

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
I had such a horrible experience with T-MO.

Last weekend, I inquired them if i could switch my phone plan in order to be eligible for iPhone upgrade every two years. Afterwards, the rep started asking me about my current model, EMEI number and eventually what color I would like to have for my new phones. She was a bit pushy considering I originally told her I just wanted to change the plan and wanted to purchase the new phones separately (I wanted to go to an Apple store).

I was fine with it knowing she would get a commission and I might as well give somebody money instead of having Apple taking it all. She might have been somebody in need. Today while the two iPhones are on the way to the house, I got a text message mentioning "Thanks for purchasing Protection360" on both numbers. After sleeping about 4 hours because I have so much work to do today, I had to get on a chat with a rep to resolve this because this was never brought up. I got the answer saying that there "reason why there's added protection 360 is because the system detects your iphone is very expensive we just want to secure your devices". This is such a very unprofessional way of charging customers without our consent / acknowledgement.

After almost 2 hours of back and forth - they say they will remove the charge and if the charge somehow happens in the next billing cycle, they will be happy to help me.

I will never place an order with TMO again EVER. In fact, I will plan to leave them after 2 years. This is why everybody was telling me not to switch the plan, but I did not listen.

Last edited:

nelle douville

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
NH

Last weekend, I inquired them if i could switch my phone plan in order to be eligible for iPhone upgrade every two years. Afterwards, the rep started asking me about my current model, EMEI number and eventually what color I would like to have for my new phones. She was a bit pushy considering I originally told her I just wanted to change the plan and wanted to purchase the new phones separately (I wanted to go to an Apple store).

I was fine with it knowing she would get a commission and I might as well give somebody money instead of having Apple taking it all. She might have been somebody in need. Today while the two iPhones are on the way to the house, I got a text message mentioning "Thanks for purchasing Protection360" on both numbers. After sleeping about 4 hours because I have so much work to do today, I had to get on a chat with a rep to resolve this because this was never brought up. I got the answer saying that there "reason why there's added protection 360 is because the system detects your iphone is very expensive we just want to secure your devices". This is such a very unprofessional way of charging customers without our consent / acknowledgement.

After almost 2 hours of back and forth - they say they will remove the charge and if the charge somehow happens in the next billing cycle, they will be happy to help me.

I will never place an order with TMO again EVER. In fact, I will plan to leave them after 2 years. This is why everybody was telling me not to switch the plan, but I did not listen.
I've never had T-Mobile charge for something I do not want. I don't have their insurance on my phone, old or the one about to arrive. I'll add that each experience across 7 years has been excellent. And while I can't say what it was, T-Mobile went beyond usual to get a different device in my hands.

Reactions: Margit72

afinch1992

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

I got the same text this morning and definitely did not sign up for it, or at least intend to. I did the service upgrade at Costco, so I'm wondering if the rep added it or if it was a default.

Edit: just went on the website and removed it pretty easily. just have to keep an eye out on my bill. $18/month for insurance seems like a terrible deal. I get the same protection just paying the monthly bill with my Amex for free (with $50 deductible).

Last edited:

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Yeah. I’d just cancel the preorder.
See, that’s so weird that my local store manager said they would not be able to cancel the preorder - I would have to wait until it comes in.

Even the chat agent said if I found 1 in store I could cancel the preorder.

Wait, mine involved a trade in. Would that matter?

chadmclark

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2016
Come on UPS sheesh!! Driving all around my place all day now … stuck, don’t wanna do or go anywhere for fear of missing the driver lol!!

This happened a few years ago: drove by near me all day, end of day says rescheduled to Monday, then it shows Sat. Hoping no repeat of that!!

Reactions: Margit72
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.