Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
See, that’s so weird that my local store manager said they would not be able to cancel the preorder - I would have to wait until it comes in.

Even the chat agent said if I found 1 in store I could cancel the preorder.

Wait, mine involved a trade in. Would that matter?

Shouldn’t matter. I canceled 1 preorder already because I decided to go Max instead of the smaller one.

And chat said I could cancel again if I found one locally. Both involved trades. No biggie. But they usually can’t cancel a web order in store.

Reactions: maverick22

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Shouldn’t matter. I canceled 1 preorder already because I decided to go Max instead of the smaller one.

And chat said I could cancel again if I found one locally. Both involved trades. No biggie. But they usually can’t cancel a web order in store.
Okay, so if I go in store and happen to find 1, the store rep just has to call customer service to cancel the preordered one (which I forgot to mention I preordered in a store)?

Thanks

Reactions: Margit72

ibuyufo

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
I received the phone. I was more excited by the mystery of whether I'll be getting it today or not. At the end of the day it's just an expensive phone that looks like past iphones, just faster.

Last edited:

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Okay, so if I go in store and happen to find 1, the store rep just has to call customer service to cancel the preordered one (which I forgot to mention I preordered in a store)?

Thanks

Should be the case yeah.

nelle douville

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
NH
Love the phone but the transferring in setup has a few bumps. It worked fine first go round. Then the phone updated and ran me through it again. The second time, the fool swirling stuff simply would not register on the other phone. When Apple gave the alternative of a short code, um... all of that for what a two second entry could do?

charlyee

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2011
Wisconsin
I just ordered the phone this morning through the T-Mobile app. The delivery window says 9/27-10/3. Thats not too bad since Apple website said 10/23 - 10/30.

My first time ordering through T-Mobile , how accurate are their dates?

Thanks much.

Reactions: Margit72

Eekamouse

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2016
White arrived, love it!! Looks silver in some lights, really pretty and love the sides
DSC_29932.jpg
DSC_29972.jpg

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Still no movement on my phones I ordered last Saturday afternoon.

They do have October delivery dates, but I was hoping they would have gotten moved up as the store manager said that’s what happened last year.

BellaPink112

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
Come on UPS sheesh!! Driving all around my place all day now … stuck, don’t wanna do or go anywhere for fear of missing the driver lol!!

This happened a few years ago: drove by near me all day, end of day says rescheduled to Monday, then it shows Sat. Hoping no repeat of that!!
Hope you got your phone by now!

BellaPink112

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
I just ordered the phone this morning through the T-Mobile app. The delivery window says 9/27-10/3. Thats not too bad since Apple website said 10/23 - 10/30.

My first time ordering through T-Mobile , how accurate are their dates?

Thanks much.
My husband and I ordered through them. Got ours on the exact date they said they would be here!

Reactions: charlyee

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
I have both of my phones shipped to my relative's house in Portland as we are visiting them this coming Friday. It looks like they were not home yesterday. The 2nd attempt is today. What happens if nobody is at home again?

Last year, I got my Ultra delivered with Apple to Portland, but we got a receipt to pick it up later at a local consignment store. I hope this will be the same thing. Not sure how much tax I save with the new plan to trade in my current iPone 14 Pro.

EDIT: I got a message from UPS they were delivered.

Last edited:

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
I had such a horrible experience with T-MO.

Last weekend, I inquired them if i could switch my phone plan in order to be eligible for iPhone upgrade every two years. Afterwards, the rep started asking me about my current model, EMEI number and eventually what color I would like to have for my new phones. She was a bit pushy considering I originally told her I just wanted to change the plan and wanted to purchase the new phones separately (I wanted to go to an Apple store).

I was fine with it knowing she would get a commission and I might as well give somebody money instead of having Apple taking it all. She might have been somebody in need. Today while the two iPhones are on the way to the house, I got a text message mentioning "Thanks for purchasing Protection360" on both numbers. After sleeping about 4 hours because I have so much work to do today, I had to get on a chat with a rep to resolve this because this was never brought up. I got the answer saying that there "reason why there's added protection 360 is because the system detects your iphone is very expensive we just want to secure your devices". This is such a very unprofessional way of charging customers without our consent / acknowledgement.

After almost 2 hours of back and forth - they say they will remove the charge and if the charge somehow happens in the next billing cycle, they will be happy to help me.

I will never place an order with TMO again EVER. In fact, I will plan to leave them after 2 years. This is why everybody was telling me not to switch the plan, but I did not listen.
I’m so sorry this happened to you. I never order with T-Mobile because this can happen as long as they receive commission they will try to get you any way they can. If they ever push you to order through them again just tell them no and be firm cause they can be extremely pushy. I used to work for a call center for a cable company and they were just like how you describing. I’ve had to apologize for employees adding services and even starting services on accounts that customers never asked for.

Reactions: seatton

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Well, 2 phones we ordered in store have seen 0 movement.

We ordered Saturday afternoon (16th) and got October - November release dates.

Wishful thinking I guess that we were going to be moved up. Hope to see some movement this week!

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Anyone else getting lucky enough to have been moved up / sooner these past couple of days?

Still no changes for my 2 phones (well, mine and wife’s).

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
Anyone have any experience with T-Mobile being unwilling to ship out partial orders? Our company purchased several iPhones with varying estimated ship dates. They said that most of our phones are in their warehouse waiting to be shipped but they won’t ship out any of the devices until the entire order is available. I’ve never heard of this before. We asked them to just ship what was available and they just said they can’t do that. Any help?

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Anyone have any experience with T-Mobile being unwilling to ship out partial orders? Our company purchased several iPhones with varying estimated ship dates. They said that most of our phones are in their warehouse waiting to be shipped but they won’t ship out any of the devices until the entire order is available. I’ve never heard of this before. We asked them to just ship what was available and they just said they can’t do that. Any help?
I was afraid of that. That really sucks!

My wife’s is delayed until mid October to November. Mine was supposed to arrive next week.

I think they are in separate orders, but on our same family plan. Wonder what will happen.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East

My wife’s is delayed until mid October to November. Mine was supposed to arrive next week.

I think they are in separate orders, but on our same family plan. Wonder what will happen.
Since you are a residential customer and not a company your orders are individual and will ship when each one is in T-Mobile's inventory at a T-Mobile Shipping hub.

@TitsLegendary appears to have made a single order through T-Mobile Business so all items will ship at the same time to a single address once any back-ordered items arrive from Apple.

Dave

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013

They said if the phones would have been in separate orders they would fulfill them like normal. You should be fine.
I don’t know if it varies from “personal” orders compared to “business” orders.

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
Since you are a residential customer and not a company your orders are individual and will ship when each one is in T-Mobile's inventory at a T-Mobile Shipping hub.

@TitsLegendary appears to have made a single order through T-Mobile Business so all items will ship at the same time to a single address once any back-ordered items arrive from Apple.

Dave
Dave, you work for T-mobile? If so, is there ANY way to get them to ship the items individually or am I just SOL and have to wait?

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Mine shipped - should arrive tomorrow!

What if no one is home when UPS tries to deliver, as it needs a signature?

Also, when I preordered the phone in store, the store rep said “don’t open the phone when they deliver it. Bring it back to us so we can help you set it up and activate it.”

Do I need to do that though?

Oh yeah, I forgot, they do need my 12 PM I am trading in. Forgot about that.

Last edited:

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
No. You don’t have to bring phone back to have them set it up for you. Apple makes the process extremely easy to set the new phone up whether it be new or transferring the date from your old phone to your new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.