Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Dyche should be manager of the year. What a monumental job he’s done given the circumstances, and resources at his disposal.

Reactions: HandsomeDanNZ

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Pretty clear win for Barça. Good for our Rolfö to kick in the penalty.
Through to the final ⭐

Skärmavbild 2024-04-27 kl. 20.39.30.png

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Closer than scoreline suggests but Barca had the rub of the green in terms of decisions.

Emma's send off not

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Closer than scoreline suggests but Barca had the rub of the green in terms of decisions.

Emma's send off not
Then you haven't noticed that Chelsea starts to play dirty when they are under pressure and can't get through. This woman who got a red card this time, was new to me.
But I have seen the same behaviours from Lauren James a few times when she've been tramping on players. Just horrible!
Hope Bombastor can teach them to play fair, Hayes obviously taught them other things.

Reactions: pachyderm

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Arsenal are currently 3-1 ahead, playing away to Spurs, at the stadium named - how banal, how bleakly unimaginative and unoriginal - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

White Hart Lane sounded so much better, so much more atmospheric, so much redolent of some sort of collective identity and collective memory, a place for emotion, passion, feeling, fury, disappointment, ecstasy, joy, and yes, perhaps, memory and nostalgia, too. As, for that matter, did Highbury.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Victory secured against Spurs.

Not Raya's best day (he was at fault for the first goal scored by Spurs).

However, we are still top of the table, and are still challenging for the title.

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
Didn't need to be that nervy. Dunno what Raya was doing. Me thinks Arteta's search for a keeper will continue.

Rice too but i'll give him a pass since he was actually trying to clear, and has been very good this season

Trossard and Tomi below par. Raya the worst.

Anyway, rode our luck a little bit but glad we got the job done in the end

3pts, and Kai Havertz scores again.

Last edited:

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Big win for Arsenal, but Spurs should have had a pen before Arsenal's second

I expect City will get past Forrest too.

Reactions: AfricanTech

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Lyon won against PSG, as expected in the other semi, so they will meet Barça 25th May in the finale.

Will be an interesting game. I love the very tall Renard that plays in Lyon. She was one factor that France won over Sweden last time, but I still like her. 😉
And Lyon is a great team.

Not that Lyon won, not at all.
But that Barça lost, absolutely. They haven’t lost a game in ~5 yrs.
That isn't true!
Sorry for passing on an untruth - I read it on internet. But all on internet are NOT true.

It could possible be more like the last 18 months or something. But I have no idea.
I am not a Barça fan. But sure I follow the women's football a bit today. But there was a lot of years when I didn't watch anything football at all after I quit playing myself.

This is probably true: (clip from wikipedia)

1714327486482.png

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Then you haven't noticed that Chelsea starts to play dirty when they are under pressure and can't get through. This woman who got a red card this time, was new to me.
But I have seen the same behaviours from Lauren James a few times when she've been tramping on players. Just horrible!
Hope Bombastor can teach them to play fair, Hayes obviously taught them other things.
You're right in that Chelsea can be physical, but i think thats more an WSL thing than Chelsea itself. Its also why a lot of WSL players get injured

Still think the red card was harsh but congrats to Barca

Lyon won against PSG, as expected in the other semi, so they will meet Barça 25th May in the finale.

Will be an interesting game. I love the very tall Renard that plays in Lyon. She was one factor that France won over Sweden last time, but I still like her. 😉
And Lyon is a great team.

That isn't true!
Sorry for passing on an untruth - I read it on internet. But all on internet are NOT true.

It could possible be more like the last 18 months or something. But I have no idea.
I am not a Barça fan. But sure I follow the women's football a bit today. But there was a lot of years when I didn't watch anything football at all after I quit playing myself.

This is probably true: (clip from wikipedia)

View attachment 2372798
Finger's crossed for Lyon. I find it boring when teams win back to back trophies.

Last edited:

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Finger's crossed for Lyon. I find it boring when teams win back to back trophies.

Just looking forward to a great match. Doesn't matter who wins to me, I like both teams!
May the best team for the moment win - I hope for a good and fair fight, that's all.

HandsomeDanNZ

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Auckland NZ
In "foreign Leagues" news:
The Australian A-League regular season has all but concluded in spectacular fashion.
Wellington Phoenix and Central Coast Mariners are locked in a Battle Royale for the Premier's Plate (regular season winners). Both teams played at the same time and the scenario was that if The Nix won and CCM lost, Nix won the league.
Rather spectacularly, Nix went up a goal, CCM went down a goal, the crowd in Wellington went bananas, then CCM scored three and the Nix won 3-0, so it all ended up unresolved.
The Nix are currently 1 point ahead having finished their season with a 3-0 win on Saturday, but CCM have a game to play against Adelaide on Wednesday as a make-up game from earlier in the season.
If Adelaide manage to pull off the unthinkable, The Nix become "Minor Premiers" for the first time ever. Any other scoreline and the Mariners take the title (deservedly so in either direction, TBH).

Then we head into the Finals series.
4 teams play in the elimination finals, to decide who will be playing in the semi-finals against Wellington and Central Coast (as #1 & #2 placed teams, they don't play again until the semis).
After that, it's Grand Final time and the eventual winner of the A-League (and the awarding of the famous "Toilet Seat").

As a die-hard Phoenix fan, it's great to see them sitting at the top of the league ladder. If they eventually come second, that's OK with me - CCM have played an incedible campaign.
Fair to say though - NZers are all getting behind Adelaide and on Wednesday, we will all be Reds for a night.

I'd love to see Wellington Phoenix pull this off, as their coach is a first-time professional first team coach, who until now has always been an assistant. To win the league and/or the premiership would be quite the feat in his first season in charge.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
Don’t you think this is bordering to go to the political forums?
I’m still replying.
Obviously sport and politics have a connection. But that isn’t only about Saudi.
How are Russia allowed participation in tournaments, under neutral flag, but yet while they are in an invasion of a sovereign country?
Nah. Leave it here.

Reactions: Lioness~

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Looking at what games are left, Man City have the easiest run in of them all with Liverpool the hardest because they have to play 3 teams looking to stake their claim to a top finish for qualification into Europe. I do not think Arsenal game with Man United will be anything special because United will be looking to keep many of their players from getting injured due to the FA cup with City 2 weeks later.

mvdrl

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2018
Northwest
Arsenal are currently 3-1 ahead, playing away to Spurs, at the stadium named - how banal, how bleakly unimaginative and unoriginal - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

White Hart Lane sounded so much better, so much more atmospheric, so much redolent of some sort of collective identity and collective memory, a place for emotion, passion, feeling, fury, disappointment, ecstasy, joy, and yes, perhaps, memory and nostalgia, too. As, for that matter, did Highbury.
I agree it's unimaginative, but a lot better than "Lumen Field" or T-Mobile Field, or Bank of America Stadium!

I remember when I first saw pics of all the advertising on European hockey jerseys... hated it! North American NHL jerseys are still uncluttered, but little stickers on all the helmets tell me that more ads are coming!

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

HandsomeDanNZ

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Auckland NZ
Great game for a neutral this morning between Munich and Madrid.
Semi-final worthy drama and some contention, which added to it.
Looking forward to the second leg.

In other news - it's international Adelaide Reds day today, when everyone supports Adelaide, so that the Wellington Phoenix can lift their first ever piece of silverware.

Reactions: Silencio and mvdrl

ScrumpyDaniel

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2019
May 4th, 6:30 ...

[IMG]
vs
[IMG]

You'll be fine. Sunderland gave up months ago and are woeful. I'll be amazed if you go down.

As an Ipswich fan, i'd like to see Plymouth & Sheffield Wednesday stay up after our 3 way battle last season!

As for Town... Wow. Completely speechless. 1 point away from ending 22 years away from the Premier League. Back to back promotions and the first team to ever hit 90+ points 2 seasons in a row in the EFL.

Saturday has the potential to be one of the greatest days in the club's history!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.