Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
How do the books line up with the tv show?
I’m only on the first and it’s been pretty true for the first season. Granted it’s been a few years since I watched season 1. The first book, Leviathan Wakes, is told in alternating chapters from the perspective of Holden and Miller. IIRC, the first season had Avasorola and Earth being part of the active storyline. Haven’t seen from her or Earth yet and I’m 3/4 through the book.

Reactions: ucfgrad93

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I’m only on the first and it’s been pretty true for the first season. Granted it’s been a few years since I watched season 1. The first book, Leviathan Wakes, is told in alternating chapters from the perspective of Holden and Miller. IIRC, the first season had Avasorola and Earth being part of the active storyline. Haven’t seen from her or Earth yet and I’m 3/4 through the book.

Thanks.

Reactions: 7thson

theluggage

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2011
Considering that SyFy cancelled them after season 3 I'm thrilled with anything that we get.
For a show which is probably one of the most faithful adaptations of a SF book series to screen (yes, there are changes, but nothing compared to, oh, say, Foundation or Altered Carbon) they are rapidly running out of story before the 30 year time jump between books 6 and 7 - having already covered some of book 6 (and beyond) in S5 - so it is a good place for a hiatus. Frankly, Season 5 could have done with losing a couple of episodes...

Hard to see them doing another three series with the major cast members in convincing “age“ make-up for 18-24 1-hour episodes - maybe they’ll be able to wrap up the final trilogy with a series of “feature length” specials.

(Eagerly awaiting “Leviathan falls” to see if the book series is going to have a satisfying conclusion).

Reactions: MisterSavage

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA

(Eagerly awaiting “Leviathan falls” to see if the book series is going to have a satisfying conclusion).

I have that book on preorder since May. Supposedly comes out on Nov 16 and I plan to binge read it as soon as I get it.

As for the show I assume they stop before the time jump and as you said there is at least the hope that a special is made to finish this up. Although the universe is well developed so spin offs and sequels could be a possibility too. However these have a often tendency to be lame....

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Might be the best sci-fi series I've ever followed. Shame we won't see the latter books adapted - or at least not soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.