Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Reactions: batristain

batristain

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Richmond,VA
Also this one as well. Just bought from here.
Those look nice! My concern is that for the real loop I would wear a size 1 (really small wrists - 123mm) and I'm concerned even the small might be too big....
I want to hear some feedback on sizing but they look like quality bands - thank you for the link.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Those look nice! My concern is that for the real loop I would wear a size 1 (really small wrists - 123mm) and I'm concerned even the small might be too big....
I want to hear some feedback on sizing but they look like quality bands - thank you for the link.

You're welcome, and I agree. I'm in the same boat. I grabbed one since they were so cheap, but curious to see how it would fit.

fox1401

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2015
Just received this awesome leather band from bandwerk today. excellent quality, looks elegant also.

Attachments

• IMG_7235.JPG
    IMG_7235.JPG
    604.1 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_7236.JPG
    IMG_7236.JPG
    366 KB · Views: 195

Welshtrucker

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2019
Cardiff
just received my series 6 space grey 44mm :) where is the best place to pick up some decent straps and can someone recommend a strap that will look banging with the space grey

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2013
I’m looking for the solo braided loop in red but it’s still showing as unavailable through apple.
Anyone have any ideas where I can get one from in the mean time?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I’m looking for the solo braided loop in red but it’s still showing as unavailable through apple.
Anyone have any ideas where I can get one from in the mean time?

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
I’m very happy with the parachoord bands from rockerlocker1776.com
They’re beefy, sturdy and hard wearing. Multitudes of colors and styles.
I may get another one with different colors just so I have a choice.

Attachments

• 1A1340F5-39D2-427C-BCBE-B7839C4D28D8.jpeg
    1A1340F5-39D2-427C-BCBE-B7839C4D28D8.jpeg
    635.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 201648D0-13D6-4C58-9140-B5D94394E794.jpeg
    201648D0-13D6-4C58-9140-B5D94394E794.jpeg
    601.3 KB · Views: 129

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2013
Not working in the UK

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
just received my series 6 space grey 44mm :) where is the best place to pick up some decent straps and can someone recommend a strap that will look banging with the space grey

I got the space grey here and it looks killer

nycgeo

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2005
NYC
Picked up the VeryBet (Chinese factories PLEASE hire me to come up with names for you) Leather Link strap and its immediately rocketed to my favorite of strap for the AW Series 6 in blue. I cant compare it to the apple leather loop, because they are more rare than a white rhino, but I can say the band looks amazing, is a great color, works well, feels like it is on sturdily, and at 1/3 the cost of the Apple band, is a great deal. My one critique is that the loop feels stiff and papery. But I have worked in the leather goods industry for a long time, and I have low expectations in general. My guess is that the Apple Watch band feels nice, and likely wears better with age, but again I dont know because its only theoretical at this point.

Pros:

- Great color match to the watch in blue
- Sturdy magnets
- Compass still works fine
- Locks in place well, if a little snugly
- Feels great on the wrist
- Feels like a quality product (How will it age? Don't know)
- Sized well for the (S/M wrist)

Cons:

- Feels little papery (does the apple band also? We may never know.)
- Creaky when wearing/moving wrist (I dont mind this at all)

In short, I will be waiting to see how it wears before ordering more, but I definitely intend to get this in other colors. I can get 3 for the price of one apple band, and until I have felt it and seen that it is demonstrably better, I will be doing just that.

Here are some pics, including with my much loved Spigen easy on/off bumper:

{PS NOTE: The lower part of the band was not perfectly centered in the photo. This was user error and I have included the last pic showing it properly centered}

Attachments

• verybet - 5.jpeg
    verybet - 5.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 162
  • verybet - 4.jpeg
    verybet - 4.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 171
  • verybet - 3.jpeg
    verybet - 3.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 165
  • verybet - 2.jpeg
    verybet - 2.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 166
  • verybet - 1.jpeg
    verybet - 1.jpeg
    352.9 KB · Views: 167
  • verybet11 - 1.jpeg
    verybet11 - 1.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Reactions: irod87

nycgeo

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2005
NYC
Picked up the VeryBet (Chinese factories PLEASE hire me to come up with names for you) Leather Link strap and its immediately rocketed to my favorite of strap for the AW Series 6 in blue. I cant compare it to the apple leather loop, because they are more rare than a white rhino, but I can say the band looks amazing, is a great color, works well, feels like it is on sturdily, and at 1/3 the cost of the Apple band, is a great deal. My one critique is that the loop feels stiff and papery. But I have worked in the leather goods industry for a long time, and I have low expectations in general. My guess is that the Apple Watch band feels nice, and likely wears better with age, but again I dont know because its only theoretical at this point.

Pros:

- Sturdy magnets

Cons:

In short, I will be waiting to see how it wears before ordering more, but I definitely intend to get this in other colors. I can get 3 for the price of one apple band, and until I have felt it and seen that it is demonstrably better, I will be doing just that.

{PS NOTE: The lower part of the band was not perfectly centered in the photo. This was user error and I have included the last pic showing it properly centered}

I'd like to add one more point, as this may also relate to the Leather Link from Apple. The "creaking" feeling can sometimes be misinterpreted as a Taptic vibration. A few times since Ive been wearing it I thought a vibration was a tap but it was just the band creaking. I still love this band, but something to keep in mind.

n1ghtrain

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2011
FYI: Seems that URVOI has changed the design on the Sport Loop/Band. Perhaps due to legal sanctions?

The Reason

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008

Pros:

- Sturdy magnets

Cons:

where did you source this if I may ask?

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014

Update: got my band today and yep, you are right. Even the small is too big, I am hoping apple’s size 1 isn’t as big. I think my wrists are right at 130mm, but I wear the sport band on the last hole.

nycgeo

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2005
NYC
where did you source this if I may ask?
Amazon. Search "VeryBet" leather link. You'll find two versions. One resembles the one I posted here, and one looks similar but without the margin of seamed leather around the magnets. From what I understand about leather work, this newer design is much more durable than the older one, which apparently from the reviews exhibited a lot of problems. Hopefully this one doesn't fall apart. Ill report back immd if it does.

The one NOT to get looks like this:
1602113759547.png

The Reason

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
Looks like you created a run on them, as all of the blue (I assume you ordered what they call sky blue) are not available in 44mm size. Added to the a WTB list.

Reactions: nycgeo

nycgeo

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2005
NYC
Looks like you created a run on them, as all of the blue (I assume you ordered what they call sky blue) are not available in 44mm size. Added to the a WTB list.
I doubt that! But in any case, I got 40mm and Dark Blue, not sky blue.

The Reason

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
I doubt that! But in any case, I got 40mm and Dark Blue, not sky blue.

No I'm serious, there were a few 44mm Straps in stock yesterday afternoon, but no blue 44 today. In dark blue or sky blue. On the color, its crazy because your pics look quite a bit brighter than the just listed blue on the amazon page. That is why I assumed you got sky blue.

Reactions: nycgeo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.