Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Looking for an Ultra/2 band for small wrist. I purchased my U2 a month ago and chose the green alpine band - small.

It fit nicely with the clasp latched 4 or 5 loops from the watch edge. So far I cannot find another band which fits my small wrist. Are there any suggestions?

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
I love my s7 black stainless steel with Milanese loop but I’d like to upgrade to AWU2.

What holds me back is that the Apple Watch Ultra has a too sporty style; I want something more sophisticated for business occasions, something that goes well even with a shirt. Are there straps that can change the Ultra's look to make it much more classy?

To give you an idea, this is my current Apple Watch Series 7.

Attachments

• IMG_2201.jpeg
    IMG_2201.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: PhillyGuy72

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Are there straps that can change the Ultra's look to make it much more classy?
Yes and no. It's a matter of opinion. I personally don't think there are any bands that can make the Ultra look 'classy' no matter how shiny or elegant, but someone else will come in and say "so and so sells a band that will do it!"

Up to 5 watches can be paired at one time, so might as well take advantage of that. I have 3 watches I rotate through personally. Keep the Stainless for dress up events, use the Ultra for daily use.

ysvsr1

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
I tried a couple and decided on this one in January of this year for my Ultra. I have not had any issues with it. It is light and has held up well.

I've tried many, from super expensive to pretty cheap. This is by far the best one I've purchased and makes the other ones look like garbage:

how is the quality after the usage? Still do you recommend these bands? Thanks for sharing the links.

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
This one appears regularly on Ultra 2 band reviews on YouTube.

Reactions: ysvsr1

risenphoenixkai

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
I love my s7 black stainless steel with Milanese loop but I’d like to upgrade to AWU2.

What holds me back is that the Apple Watch Ultra has a too sporty style; I want something more sophisticated for business occasions, something that goes well even with a shirt. Are there straps that can change the Ultra's look to make it much more classy?

To give you an idea, this is my current Apple Watch Series 7.

The Ultra has a very utilitarian, almost Brutalist aesthetic to it. It is a tool watch through and through. To me, the closest analogue (heh) design to the Ultra in the non-smartwatch world is the Omega Ploprof. Both watches have designs that I would call striking, but no matter what band you paired with either of them, in my opinion neither of them would exactly look classy.

My advice: get the Ultra for daily wear, keep the Space Black Series 7 for dressing up. If I could get my hands on a Space Black series 7/8/9 where I live, that's exactly the combo I would go for.

Since I only have the Ultra, if I ever feel like "dressing it up" I pair it with the Space Black link bracelet, a titanium bracelet from LDFAS, or the stainless steel Milanese loop. For day-to-day wear, I think the Ultra pairs really well with the Space Black Milanese loop (which is good news for you, since you have one).

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
This Spigen DuraPro Armor band arrived yesterday. Ok, well jury is still out on this one so far. I think it looks great on the Ultra, but wow..I admit it is very uncomfortable out of the box.

Right now, I think the band...a mix of thick nylon on the top, stiff TPU under it just needs to break in, hopefully soften. If it doesn't, I have until Jan 31 to return it.

2023-12-21_14-09-53_533.jpeg
2023-12-21_14-11-05_492.jpeg

2023-12-21_14-11-11_962.jpeg

Reactions: AppleKarma

Newjackboy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
Any good trail loop in the 2023 (ultra 2) colours? Bought some from Ali express several months, but the colours were very off

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Just for grins I put in Tabasco sauce to see if there is a Tabasco sauce themed Apple Watch Band, There isn't, not an official one at least. but there are a whole bunch of other chili sauce branded, chili pepper themed watch bands.

couple of examples:
Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 22.13.53.png

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 21.56.59.png

Reactions: AppleKarma
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.