Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Cuesca

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
IMG_1586.jpg

I think Nomad makes the best traditional band for the Apple watch in regard to the refreshed Rugged Band. The grade itself is slightly above your midrage Seiko bands, 316L stainless steel lugs, machine brushed flats, polished sides, rubber is divers quality rated for water so it won't leave disgusting white residue like G-Shock bands. The band itself is 24mm tapered down to 22mm at its thinest part. The buckle is also machined brushed, you can't really expect hand finished at this price. At $60 I don't think I did too bad, it does give the Apple Watch a more premium feel.

Sadly its color option is limited to orange and black, I would love an ocean blue option.

Phreddyl

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2021
East Haven CT
Looking for a really soft comfortable lightweight band to wear in the hot weather. The Apple ones are too heavy. Anyone have any suggestions?

coredev

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2012
Bavaria
Looking for a really soft comfortable lightweight band to wear in the hot weather. The Apple ones are too heavy. Anyone have any suggestions?
I wear the braided solo loops during summer. They are not really heavy and soft.
You can find 3rd party versions of these bands as well if the price tag puts you off.

wildaman

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2021
I wear the braided solo loops during summer. They are not really heavy and soft.
You can find 3rd party versions of these bands as well if the price tag puts you off.
I second coredev's suggestion. I wear braided solo loops all year round and they work fine in summer as well. I have 3-5 that I rotate through, and wash them in a delicates bag every couple months or so.

f you buy from aliexpress I would recommend searching 1:1 and looking at pictures in reviews to see if the braided material is flared out at the end behind the connectors like the official apple ones, or if it terminates at the buckle (not sure if I explained that well enough)

Reactions: Phreddyl

MacGuy84

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2008
Does anyone know if Nomad has ever restocked on High Volta and Electric Blue sport bands 49mm?

Was thinking of just getting some knock-offs but would prefer not to since the don’t look as thick.

I mean if they still have the options up on the site one would assume they plan to eventually restock the item right?

nnc

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2023
About a month ago, I found one Apple Sport Loop and quite a few third-party bands at TJMaxx. I purchased the Sport Loop ($17) and two sport band knock-offs ($6 each). They were nicely packaged and are good quality. The physical design looks identical to the Apple Sport Band to the untrained eye. One is printed so it wouldn't fool most people, but it's attractive. They are a bit thinner and softer than the band that came with my watch. Yesterday I went back and found a very different assortment. I didn't see any Apple bands in any size. I bought another $6 sport band knockoff. The "brand names" and packaging for the three knockoffs are different, but all three are imported by "Argento SC" in New York. Anyway, if you like the sport band style you might check TJMaxx. In my store they are near the phone cases and chargers, near the registers.

maverick786us

macrumors regular
May 30, 2012
Columbus, GA
I am looking for a good quality but not so expensive third party Milanese loop, titanium or any good metal strap for my Apple Watch. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

dhson91

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013
Does anyone try this brand before? How does it feel compare to the App strap?

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
View attachment 2219225

I think Nomad makes the best traditional band for the Apple watch in regard to the refreshed Rugged Band. The grade itself is slightly above your midrage Seiko bands, 316L stainless steel lugs, machine brushed flats, polished sides, rubber is divers quality rated for water so it won't leave disgusting white residue like G-Shock bands. The band itself is 24mm tapered down to 22mm at its thinest part. The buckle is also machined brushed, you can't really expect hand finished at this price. At $60 I don't think I did too bad, it does give the Apple Watch a more premium feel.

Sadly its color option is limited to orange and black, I would love an ocean blue option.
Yea just got this a week ago and it is my favorite band. And they added a blue color for preorder which ships Oct. 10th. I picked that one up as well. Just not a fan of the apple bands plus they are expensive.

Reactions: Cuesca

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
If anyone spots knock-offs of the new nike bands pop up somewhere then let us know. They look excellent.
I picked the blue/orange on eBay for $10. Had I not just dropped a wad of cash on the watch and phone, I would've picked up the original. Since I graduated to the 45mm, none of my others bands work anymore.

milhaus

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
Anyone got a line on a cheap Temu or Aliexpress stainless metal band that matches the glossy stainless silver? All of the bands I see are matte, and would maybe fit the aluminum better.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Is this all from one specific seller? They do look pretty decent quality in this image at least, and probably for 1/5th the price

From different sellers. All were $2.50 or less. I went with the cheapest option. Plus I used eBates to save a little more.

milhaus

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
All from Temu. Very good quality and dirt cheap. Had so many I gave some away as well.
I ordered a bunch of Ultra (rubber) straps from Temu/Ali and they all sucked - the middle button came off as I tried to put the strap on the watch. The leather magnetic ones, silicone, etc. have all been fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.