Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

chonkvandelay

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2020
Turkey
If you are wondering if original worth it to price, I compared fake and original pride bands.

In my opinion, original has more quality fabric and more durable. Fake one looks similar but when you focus on details, you see difference.

Attachments

• IMG_1820.jpeg
    IMG_1820.jpeg
    819 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_1823.jpeg
    IMG_1823.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1824.jpeg
    IMG_1824.jpeg
    827.6 KB · Views: 181

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
What would be the best braided knockoffs? I bought a few on amazon but they are plastic on the ends and they move around it bit where it should be secured to the watch.

I got my braided knockoffs from Amazon. Yes, they do have plastic ends, but I haven’t found them to be wiggly at all around the connectors. I wear one almost every day. The solo and braided loops are my favorites, but I cannot get a good fit with Apple’s. My Amazon ones have saved the day.

Reactions: coredev and jaymc

coredev

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2012
Bavaria
What seller did you buy it? Would you mind share with us?
Not at all. i bought this particular one at
APPLE WATCH BAND Store

There are dozens of watch band stores on AliExpress though, and most of them sell the same bands manufactured by the same factory/company.

It seems the producer goes by the name Lerxiuer, as that is printed on the product photos in a lot of the stores.
There is also Crested, they have their own product photos with their name, but the bands come in exactly the same package with identical product codes.

davidphantomatic

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2016
San Antonio
I found this third party sport band by Donegani on Amazon the other day. I’d wanted the nomad for awhile, but didn’t care for the scallops in the band.
This color is exactly what I wanted, but the end is a bit short. The packaging indicated it’s a small/medium, but there was no medium/large option on Amazon.

Overall, I’m very satisfied but would prefer a m/l end. They also make a “Christmas” red color that I’ll be ordering too.

Attachments

• IMG_3856.jpeg
    IMG_3856.jpeg
    361.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3862.jpeg
    IMG_3862.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Can anyone recommend or link to any third party BRAIDED LOOP bands, that are sold in the same sizing as apple and decent quality? Can you recommend any seller over another?

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Can anyone recommend or link to any third party BRAIDED LOOP bands, that are sold in the same sizing as apple and decent quality? Can you recommend any seller over another?

I have some Braided Solo Loop bands from URVOI (via AliExpress) that look nice and have worn well for the month I have had them so far. I wear a Size 12 so I went 42-49mm L and it fits snugly, but comfortably. Each one ran about $15.

Reactions: oneseattleguy

wildaman

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2021

I just got a couple from here and they seem to be pretty decent quality, although the connector seems to be maybe a little smaller than normal. I usually search for "1:1 braided solo loop" because pretty much every time I want to get a backup or try out a new color, the last seller I bought from no longer sells them anymore. and then look at reviews with pictures to see what the connectors look look vs genuine

The URVOI ones are nice but I didn't love the material as much as others I've gotten on aliexpress, it felt a bit tougher. maybe I just need to wear it more to break it in a bit, but I just have like 5 different braided solo loops that I cycle through so I'm too lazy for that

Last edited:
Reactions: oneseattleguy

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005

I just got a couple from here and they seem to be pretty decent quality, although the connector seems to be maybe a little smaller than normal. I usually search for "1:1 braided solo loop" because pretty much every time I want to get a backup or try out a new color, the last seller I bought from no longer sells them anymore. and then look at reviews with pictures to see what the connectors look look vs genuine

The URVOI ones are nice but I didn't love the material as much as others I've gotten on aliexpress, it felt a bit tougher. maybe I just need to wear it more to break it in a bit, but I just have like 5 different braided solo loops that I cycle through so I'm too lazy for that
Those do look like pretty decent quality, and for the money ~ $5, a HUGE difference to Apple Original braided bands. It’s unfortunate that they only make 5 sizes, that have to cover 2 different Apple sizes, I guess if one is sort of in between, that works, but if one is clearly one and not the other, then one gets either too tight or too large. And i guess there is no return or exchange option due to it being in China from a shipping start/endpoint.

wildaman

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2021
Those do look like pretty decent quality, and for the money ~ $5, a HUGE difference to Apple Original braided bands. It’s unfortunate that they only make 5 sizes, that have to cover 2 different Apple sizes, I guess if one is sort of in between, that works, but if one is clearly one and not the other, then one gets either too tight or too large. And i guess there is no return or exchange option due to it being in China from a shipping start/endpoint.
I feel lucky, so far I have ordered a Large size band (for 40mm) every time and they've all fit reasonably well. I hope others are as fortunate. But like you said for $5 a piece I kinda like the slow burn "thrill" of ordering 2-3 at a time and having them show up weeks later, and there's no way I'd pay $100 for just one of these

coredev

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2012
Bavaria
What makes the China loops kind of a lottery game is that the size can vary by a couple of mm. I ordered from the same store three braided solo loops in size L, and each one had a noticeable different length. One was actually so tight that I could not wear the band. When it comes to quality control the copycat bands are not even remotely comparable to Apple's products.

As for quality, I found the Urvoi bands too uncomfortable to wear, they don't possess the same softness as Apple Loops or even some of the cheaper Aliexpress bands.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south

I bought some from Amazon that I love. They aren’t sized exactly like Apple’s, but I’ve been very pleased with the fit. I also washed/dried one recently (in my washer/dryer) to see how it would launder, and it is like new.

Update - looks like they discontinued the Proworthy braided ones, which were the ones I loved. I just ordered a different brand to try. It seems they still sell the Proworthy brand solo loops (which I also really like), but no braided.

Last edited:

JapanApple

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
Make sure the seller sends the correct order. I had this occur they sent me an Apple watch band instead of an air tag cover.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.