Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

PatrickNSF

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I ordered a bunch of Ultra (rubber) straps from Temu/Ali and they all sucked - the middle button came off as I tried to put the strap on the watch. The leather magnetic ones, silicone, etc. have all been fine.
Which leather magnetic ones from Temu do you recommend?

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
I tried a couple and decided on this one in January of this year for my Ultra. I have not had any issues with it. It is light and has held up well.

stanza.richi

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
I tried a couple and decided on this one in January of this year for my Ultra. I have not had any issues with it. It is light and has held up well.

Amazon said “Currently unavailable” 😔

milhaus

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
Which leather magnetic ones from Temu do you recommend?
I just bought these, but realized that they're "faux leather." Hilariously, when I bought them from the site, they were labelled as genuine leather, and now they're not (as seen in invoice). To be honest, though, I kinda prefer it this way - I've been wearing them in wet situations without difficulty.

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
I can NOT believe this band only costs $20.

Ordered it from AliExpress on Sept 30th and it arrived today. Super soft and flexible, quality leather. Smells great. Stitching is done well. the Lugs match the Ultra perfectly, there is no play. the clasp is a bit on the silver side but being brushed it still goes well with the titanium.

I'm gonna order a second one with the Butterfly Clasp.

1697503626657.png

1697503663072.png

1697503699094.png
1697503717540.png

1697503744325.png

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
I’m looking for a good titanium link bracelet or similar for my Ultra 2. Any suggestions?

I've tried many, from super expensive to pretty cheap. This is by far the best one I've purchased and makes the other ones look like garbage:

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Has anyone seen a third-party Ocean band that would fit a 41mm AW? I saw this on Temu and it implies that it fits all case sizes, but that can’t be right. They show it with an Ultra and what I assume to be a 45mm. Otherwise it appeals to my love of pink and sprinkles. I wouldn’t expect the quality to be great but it could be a fun band once in awhile.

IMG_2534.jpeg

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
Has there been a crackdown on knockoff bands on AliExpress? None of the usual stores, like Urvoi, seem to be stocking “1:1 equivalent” bands anymore.
I got some knock off Ultra alpine bands in the new colours, but they're quite dark. The colours don't show well. I've also got some of the new Nike bands with the recycled bits on them, but the quality is very poor. Haven't found good versions of these, and haven't found any of the new Nike fabric loops yet.

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Has there been a crackdown on knockoff bands on AliExpress? None of the usual stores, like Urvoi, seem to be stocking “1:1 equivalent” bands anymore.
I think there might have been. In the past I bought many 1:1 sport loops from Urvoi (and once from Crested), and initially the quality was good but then went downhill. Today out of curiosity I was browsing AliExpress and no vendors seemed to have the traditional 1:1 sport loops anymore; the ones they have now are weird two-piece jobs with a plastic slider buckle. Awful. Or maybe they all moved to Temu…I haven’t checked for sport loops there but I have seen a lot of other styles, like ocean bands.

I did see one vendor on Aliexpress selling the new Nike sport loops style:

Green Pepper Watch Accessories Wholesale Dropshipping Store

Last edited:

PlacekPS

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2020
I think there might have been. In the past I bought many 1:1 sport loops from Urvoi (and once from Crested), and initially the quality was good but then went downhill. Today out of curiosity I was browsing AliExpress and no vendors seemed to have the traditional 1:1 sport loops anymore; the ones they have now are weird two-piece jobs with a plastic slider buckle. Awful. Or maybe they all moved to Temu…I haven’t checked for sport loops there but I have seen a lot of other styles, like ocean bands.

I did see one vendor on Aliexpress selling the new Nike sport loops style:

Green Pepper Watch Accessories Wholesale Dropshipping Store

Have a link maybe ?

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Have a link maybe ?

Since I looked last week, more of the Nike-type knockoffs have shown up on Aliexpress. Here are two that I was able to find. One seems to have real photos, and the stitching seems fuzzy, I‘m not sure I‘d be happy with it. The one thing I do like about third-party bands is that the ones I’ve bought are usually about .75” longer than OEM Apple sport loops, which I like. I feel like Apple is cheapening out on the sport loop length lately.

If these links work, Aliexpress will also show similar results from other vendors.

Have a link maybe ?

Last edited:
Reactions: imlovinit

Cuesca

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
Anyone know of a band that has big beefy lugs that isn't made by Nomad? I simply love how they look, espcially ones that are titanium or matte/brushed steel.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Any recs for third party trail loop / alpine loops that will fit smaller wrists? a lot of them seem to be one size and I'm a woman with slim wrists so I'm worried about fit.

Also interested in non-Apple k/o bands for the Ultra that people with small wrists love. Thank you!

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Any recs for third party trail loop / alpine loops that will fit smaller wrists? a lot of them seem to be one size and I'm a woman with slim wrists so I'm worried about fit.

Also interested in non-Apple k/o bands for the Ultra that people with small wrists love. Thank you!

I have small wrists. The Temu ones will fit small wrists. I bought a couple for less than $3 per Alpine band.

Reactions: seajewel

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Since I looked last week, more of the Nike-type knockoffs have shown up on Aliexpress. Here are two that I was able to find. One seems to have real photos, and the stitching seems fuzzy, I‘m not sure I‘d be happy with it. The one thing I do like about third-party bands is that the ones I’ve bought are usually about .75” longer than OEM Apple sport loops, which I like. I feel like Apple is cheapening out on the sport loop length lately.

If these links work, Aliexpress will also show similar results from other vendors.

I bought some from the link above and got them yesterday. Can’t complain imo they feel pretty good and the colors look better in person. I have a small wrist and shouldn’t have a 45mm but I do so lol these, like the Apple ones, are long enough of straps.

f3bc773b053d1e83c257f9143c5318b4.jpg

1e52734a586922e8fb7d0f05d1eb92a7.jpg

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
I bought some from the link above and got them yesterday. Can’t complain imo they feel pretty good and the colors look better in person. I have a small wrist and shouldn’t have a 45mm but I do so lol these, like the Apple ones, are long enough of straps.
Those are some good looking 98 CENT bands… heck, one could buy them for workouts, hiking, etc. and essentially just DISPOSE of them after wear. ;-0

Question: Does one think they are true knock-offs, or are they like many items that come out of China essentially made in some way by the same supplier or textile manufacturer, with obvious changes like the ends, clips, possibly some small MATERIALS change? Or did someone just reverse engineer them and produce them?

OT: TLDR

Also, not having really done it before, how hard is it to buy off allipay, and stay safe vis a vis using a credit card, etc. Is it best to fund a debit account, or use a single use CC # for these transactions?

How long does it take for some of these things to arrive?

Reactions: SusieS

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Those are some good looking 98 CENT bands… heck, one could buy them for workouts, hiking, etc. and essentially just DISPOSE of them after wear. ;-0

Question: Does one think they are true knock-offs, or are they like many items that come out of China essentially made in some way by the same supplier or textile manufacturer, with obvious changes like the ends, clips, possibly some small MATERIALS change? Or did someone just reverse engineer them and produce them?

Also, not having really done it before, how hard is it to buy off allipay, and stay safe vis a vis using a credit card, etc. Is it best to fund a debit account, or use a single use CC # for these transactions?

I have bought a number of things from Aliexpress in the past 5 years, and have not had any problems like fraud charges. At first I used a credit card, but most of the merchants seem to take Paypal these days, so that’s what I use now. I’ve had one incorrect order, which was eventually refunded, and I returned another order for a refund because I didn’t like the color (took about 3 weeks). The two things I have ordered this fall have taken about 12 days to arrive, which is pretty fast compared to a couple of years ago. In fact, my orders sometimes take longer to come from New Jersey to Maryland, via Pitney Bowes and USPS, than they do from China to New Jersey. Processing and shipping does come to a standstill during Chinese New Year.

Some of my knockoff sport loops are great. Some unfortunately have badly painted metal lugs that peel (instead of solid colored plastic). It’s kind of a crap shoot but for the price I think it’s worth the gamble. I do keep the bad ones for exercising.

Reactions: tivoboy

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012

Some of these knock offs are pretty good. When URVOI sold some they were extremely well made and close 1:1. I think most have to have slight variations from the OG for some obvious reasons and probably comes from OG manufacturers.

i haven’t had any issues ordering from AliExpress and just use apple pay w/credit card (i never use debit for online). The shipping takes a bit, some are faster than others but typically a few weeks to arrive. This particular order took 2 weeks.

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018

f3bc773b053d1e83c257f9143c5318b4.jpg

1e52734a586922e8fb7d0f05d1eb92a7.jpg
Great! May I ask, which of the two links did you buy from, Shop1103126017 Store or the New Boys Watch Accessories Store (what a name)?. Although I‘m guessing they probably all come from the same factory, I’d like to try to get the same exact one you got.

Also, can you tell if the lugs are solid colored plastic, or are they painted metal? Thanks!

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.