Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Anyone sees changes in their UPS tracking? It's been over 2 days and the last status is still "departure scan". Form the News, UPS and FEDEX were swarmed and behind in deliveries.
Depending on where it was leaving from and going to, there might be a few business days with no scan update for ground service. Also, remember yesterday was a holiday so that affects shipping.

Einz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
It finally got updated. Hopefully, I'll get it on friday.

packeted

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2013
Has anyone with a custom order seen their status change or payment taken? I ordered as soon as the store came back up (6 core base + 512GB SSD) and am still waiting - it says Processing Items: Available to ship January

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
With as many Mac enthusiasts on here, I'm surprised there aren't a few more core machines in hands that people are writing about.

wildmac

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2003
With as many Mac enthusiasts on here, I'm surprised there aren't a few more core machines in hands that people are writing about.

They are probably afraid of getting ripped to shreds based on the general tone around here lately.

Nugget

Contributor
Nov 24, 2002
Tejas Hill Country
In this august community of enthusiasts I just assumed that everyone has ordered a 12 core, 64GB, D700, 1TB configuration. Leave the stock configs to the USA Today readership. :)

Einz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008

Thanks to UPS I had to wait a few more days. Unless they feel guilty about the delay and deliver on saturday. OWC got theirs, that's where mine has been sitting for the past 2 days (at Chicago). I think a lot people with early stock orders will get theirs on Monday.

Last edited:

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
My delivery has been pretty bizarre so far...

Anyone else seeing this? My nMP shipped on the 23rd with a delivery date of the 30th of Dec. No updates until yesterday AM - where, after 4 days, it turns up in Mesquite TX... Four days to go from Austin to Mesquite? Then last night, the tracking info at UPS says it's in Earth City, MO. Ok, that's better progress...

Then this AM I get this, saying it's two packages!? And now it's being delivered on the 2nd!? WTF UPS?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
Update

My delivery date has now changed to January 6th from an original delivery date of Dec 30th. Two weeks to get a package from Texas to Massachusetts is pretty weak UPS. Thumbs down.

My order still mysteriously says my delivery is now two packages...

Last edited:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
My delivery data has now changed to January 6th from an original delivery date of Dec 30th. Two weeks to get a package from Texas to Massachusetts is pretty weak UPS. Thumbs down.

My order still mysteriously says my delivery is now two packages...
Contact Apple, explain that you're not happy with the delivery speed of UPS and explain how the tracking information keeps changing and that you can't understand why the shipment keeps getting delayed. Do look at the tracking information when you call so you have the up to date information.

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
Called Apple. Apple called UPS. UPS says they are having system problems that should be resolved by Mon AM. UPS says that, although it's currently showing as two packages, it's really one. What a mess...

----------

did you add a keyboard, trackpad, or mouse etc?

Nah - just the nMP. UPS must be having some real system problems - at one point this AM my tracking number showed that it hadn't shipped yet but a shipping label had been generated.

Einz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
I got an unsolicited email from Apple:

Thank you for your recent Apple Online Store purchase.

UPS has informed us that your Mac Pro is delayed. We are working to ensure you receive your items as soon as possible.

Doesn't do me any good, still have to wait. My tracking is showing up as 2 packages too.

rjbenson83

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2013
Atlanta
UPS has been **** this holiday season.

My launch day guarantee PS4 was delivered almost a week late due to UPS. The package was on the drivers truck that friday and he just got tired and didn't complete his deliveries that day. This is one of the many issues I've had with UPS this year.

Einz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
I wouldn't blame the driver. It's poor planing by the management for not having enough resources.

When I worked for the post office, we delivered on x-mas day to catch up. It was voluntary, but it was kind fun to see the surprise on the customers' face.

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
I got an unsolicited email from Apple:

Thank you for your recent Apple Online Store purchase.

UPS has informed us that your Mac Pro is delayed. We are working to ensure you receive your items as soon as possible.

Doesn't do me any good, still have to wait. My tracking is showing up as 2 packages too.

Haven't received this yet... My order status just adjusted from delivering on the 6th to the 2nd. Still two packages though.

Still weak, given the initial email stating delivery by Dec 30.

Judging from the rate that UPS's tracking system is changing my delivery status, they are having some major system issues.

Last edited:

rlcramer

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2002
Customized Mac Pro's Shipping!

Hopefully this isn't old news (I searched the forum and didn't see any other similar threads...), but I got my shipping notice today! Mac pro, 6 core, 12gb, D700.

Hopefully other people's custom builds are shipping as well.

Bobby

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.