Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Yeah think they will stick with feb/march

if they really wanted to fight apple with release dates they would release in October/November

October/ November might be for the Galaxy S23FE and accessories

izzy0242mr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Anyone still interested in the regular Samsung Galaxy phones?

They are likely at least five to six months away, but there have already been plenty of rumors about the kind of upgrades Samsung has in mind to make next year’s flagship a hit.

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra could ditch the curved display for a rounded frame

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra stunning concept video brings rumored upgrades to life

Looks cool!

Means that when I eventually upgrade to a used year or two-old Galaxy S23 the price will be that much lower!

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Hoping if the S24 Ultra does go titanium, they have the QC under control. I'm reading some threads in the iPhone forum. Sounds like there are reports that where the glass back hits the titanium frame, there are sharp edges and it's very uncomfortable to hold without a case.

More fingerprint magnet than stainless steel as well

Samsung will have more time to learn from this

Now the reported heating issues

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
79mm wide for the S24 Ultra is crazy big, that's literally a tablet and just over the top in just too large to use for a cellphone.

The S23 Ultra with its curved edges makes it more manageable and even then the S23U is as big as a smartphone should ever get, it's borderline too big already, and anything larger is just stupid big.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230929-082632.png
    Screenshot_20230929-082632.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Sad
Reactions: DeepIn2U

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Now that the Galaxies are taking the box shape perhaps they can also move the fingerprint unlock to the side button?

• Sad

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I would love love to see the S24 Ultra with rounded edges and a totally flat display. Throw in facial recognition software as good as FaceID and I might even switch over completely to Android. I would even go a step further and say release a S24U model without the S-Pen if it meant rounded edges. Keep the current size and camera awesomeness.
Imho that would be the perfect smartphone. Already the S23U is the best Android smartphone I have ever used.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
I would love love to see the S24 Ultra with rounded edges and a totally flat display. Throw in facial recognition software as good as FaceID and I might even switch over completely to Android. I would even go a step further and say release a S24U model without the S-Pen if it meant rounded edges. Keep the current size and camera awesomeness.
Imho that would be the perfect smartphone. Already the S23U is the best Android smartphone I have ever used.
you might get that in the S24+
it is tipped to get more of the Ultra features this time around minus the pen

Reactions: Bkdodger and jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
you might get that in the S24+
it is tipped to get more of the Ultra features this time around minus the pen
Yeah..i want to overall size of the S24 but with flat display and all the camera feature they always save just for the Ultra.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
If there’s a flat display on the S24 Ultra at least the SPen will be easier to use on all the display area. I do like the curved display tho, it was great on my S23 Ultra.

My only hope is that Samsung keep Snapdragon on the Ultra an no Exynos is introduced here in the Uk!!

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Galaxy S24 series could come out even sooner and bring with it a brand new product that could steal the limelight away from the phones.

Galaxy S24147 × 70.6 × 7.6mm; 168g6.2", FHD+ resolution, 2500 nits (peak)4,000 mAh (25W)

^ oh yeah, baby, I'm looking forward to this, with just 0.7mm height increase I'm fine with. Still the smallest flagship close to the 13 mini's dimensions that I can get with proper OS & Security updates.

gsmarena_002.jpg

For comparison ....
Galaxy S23146.3 × 70.6 × 7.6mm; 168g6.1", FHD+ resolution, 1700 nits (peak)3,900mAh (25W)

Yeah we need at displays. It's annoying when using the S pen and it slides off the screen.

I also REALLY WANT a Tempered Glass screen protector. These cheap Zagg hybrid ones are no bueno.

Spigen may be what you're looking for with a 9H tempered glass screen protector - even comes with a guide to perfectly install it. ;) hope that helps.

Wow. Why would they do this? Disappointing if true.
Could be that the 10x camera capabilities is supplemented in a better Periscope camera + lens arrangement? Knowing Samsung and seeing what Sony was capable of doing with the Xperia 1 VI its possible they got something better!

The baby Galaxy S24 is now joining the party, with a leak showcasing its design in all its glory.

Looks just too clean! I'll stick to my S23 and will also get the S24 next year probably around the summer IF it comes in the same Black as the S23 I just LOVE this shade, kinda feels like Shack OG with a bit of Marvel's Nick Fury.

The S24U looks to have much larger camera rings btw, not sure the users are gonna love that.

are taking the box shape perhaps they can also move the fingerprint unlock to the side button?
lol why? Why on gods earth do that when the ultrasonic under display works even with went fingers/thumbs? I don't want that. The only benefit would be if the screen was cracked.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Galaxy S24147 × 70.6 × 7.6mm; 168g6.2", FHD+ resolution, 2500 nits (peak)4,000 mAh (25W)

^ oh yeah, baby, I'm looking forward to this, with just 0.7mm height increase I'm fine with. Still the smallest flagship close to the 13 mini's dimensions that I can get with proper OS & Security updates.

gsmarena_002.jpg

View attachment 2284831

For comparison ....
Galaxy S23146.3 × 70.6 × 7.6mm; 168g6.1", FHD+ resolution, 1700 nits (peak)3,900mAh (25W)

Spigen may be what you're looking for with a 9H tempered glass screen protector - even comes with a guide to perfectly install it. ;) hope that helps.

Could be that the 10x camera capabilities is supplemented in a better Periscope camera + lens arrangement? Knowing Samsung and seeing what Sony was capable of doing with the Xperia 1 VI its possible they got something better!

Looks just too clean! I'll stick to my S23 and will also get the S24 next year probably around the summer IF it comes in the same Black as the S23 I just LOVE this shade, kinda feels like Shack OG with a bit of Marvel's Nick Fury.

The S24U looks to have much larger camera rings btw, not sure the users are gonna love that.

lol why? Why on gods earth do that when the ultrasonic under display works even with went fingers/thumbs? I don't want that. The only benefit would be if the screen was cracked.
I always felt side button was more natural than on screen

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I always felt side button was more natural than on screen
I recall that that was a Sony innovation or first with the Xperia Z5 series (Compact, Premium and regular Z5) and it usually worked 85%+ of the time, I didn't have issues unless my thumb was moist (not wet/damp). A lot of people in Android at that time loathed it. They preferred behind device unlock or pattern or password/code lock.

Couple of years later and iterations of the sensor its well received.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
reports are the s24 ultra will be flat and a similar design so it matches across their line-up including the fold 6 which is expected to have a similar front display

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Just buy the S23 if this is important. Save money and don't use up the earth's consumable resources and instead buy used!
Your choice of used devices doesn't stop earth's resources already being used in manufacturing its replacement.

You want to preach you should be preachigb fornrecycling existing materieals into theei source for new products. Hasnt Apple's commercials not taught you anything? Lol. /s kinda.
79mm wide for the S24 Ultra is crazy big, that's literally a tablet and just over the top in just too large to use for a cellphone.

The S23 Ultra with its curved edges makes it more manageable and even then the S23U is as big as a smartphone should ever get, it's borderline too big already, and anything larger is just stupid big.
Lol you realize thr iPhone 15 Pro is already at 76.x mm wide right? This is millimeters not inches bub. Considering what it's meant for that works just fine.

izzy0242mr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Your choice of used devices doesn't stop earth's resources already being used in manufacturing its replacement.

You want to preach you should be preachigb fornrecycling existing materieals into theei source for new products. Hasnt Apple's commercials not taught you anything? Lol. /s kinda.
Except if everyone had my mentality and everyone stopped buying used phones, the production of new ones would decrease. It's how the market works.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
I like the fact Samsung made the S24U slightly shorter and wider than the S23U... at this point in the game, we will see only minor changes between last generation.

But the change in the curvature is dope!

View attachment 2285338
Given where we are now with all these leaks where is your heart with regards to next upgrade.

Are you looking at the S24 family
Or still eyeing the next Fold. Do you think next fold will eliminate crease or focus is now making wider outer screen. I am still struggling and caught in between as you already know.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Given where we are now with all these leaks where is your heart with regards to next upgrade.

Are you looking at the S24 family
Or still eyeing the next Fold. Do you think next fold will eliminate crease or focus is now making wider outer screen. I am still struggling and caught in between as you already know.
Umm.. no. I can appreciate the hardware from the iPhones, Pixels or S series (Galaxy's), but my days of owning a slab phone is over. I favor the Fold for two reasons... the bigger (inner) screen and multitasking.

I can't really say whether or not Samsung will eliminate the crease... but I do feel hopeful they adopted a new hinge that has no gap since the idea came from Oppo and they did a better job handling the crease for the Oppo Find N2.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Umm.. no. I can appreciate the hardware from the iPhones, Pixels or S series (Galaxy's), but my days of owning a slab phone is over. I favor the Fold for two reasons... the bigger (inner) screen and multitasking.

I can't really say whether or not Samsung will eliminate the crease... but I do feel hopeful they adopted a new hinge that has no gap since the idea came from Oppo and they did a better job handling the crease for the Oppo Find N2.

I wish they showed us how their crease look like

• Wow

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I wish they showed us how their crease look like
I don’t know if it’s just me. But why is he wearing a Apple Watch? Its similar to making an advertising on some Android phone while posting it on an iPhone.

I understand folks these days carry two phones Android and iOS, but I personally wouldn't wear the Apple Watch in this occasion. Cause who's to say if he's daily driving the OnePlus Fold, for all we know he uses it sparingly.

• Haha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.