Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I do too, I reread that and it seemed more aggressive than I meant it to.
It’s all good!
IMG_0160.jpeg

Reactions: bcortens

Cosmo M3

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
Annoyed that I can't use my external audio DAC connected to a TB4 dock like I was able to before. Stage Manager just takes over and reads it as a "Dock".

NorrisKillsKids

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
I've tried to get into it on my 11 inch but it's useless tbh. Oh well. I actually think for iPad I've been fine with slide over and side by side. Not really doing a ton of multi window multi tasking most of the time.

But it would be a nice to have to simply be able to resize app windows and move them wherever.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
During my course, stage manager was handy for having 3 apps overlapping each other (in my case, Mindnode, Notability, Files), allowing me to quickly switch between then as needed. But in normal daily use, I find I am better served with normal split-screen.

Reactions: cflem

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
When I had my 11" IPP, Stage Manager wasn't that useful to me because window sizes were too small (really the text was too small) so I kept windows full-screen. With my 12.9", Stage Manager seems to work better with that extra space.

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Tried stage manger with IPP 12.9 3rd gen and M2 IPP 11 inch. I am enjoying the increased options with window management. Can have traditional side by side with slide over or turn on stage manager. Havent hooked it up to a monitor yet as dont use an additional monitor much. The rumours point to increased capability in Ipad OS 17 such as having the ability to play multiple audio/video at once, using a webcam when connected to a monitor. The only change I would like to see is to do with window resizing and making it so can have what size windows you want.

Reactions: cflem
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.