Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avz

Suspended
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
About one month ago Putin said that the deal is off.
I was actually very proud that Vladimir Vladimirovich have used that tricky term "suspended" which does not actually mean that the deal is off but it means that I am giving you a chance to correct your behavior.

Some employers have been suspending employees without pay who refused to vaccinate which is a very tricky way to fire an employee without doing the actual firing from the legal perspective.

Naraxus

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2016

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Should Apple leave the US? Its treatments of blacks? Enslaving a whole race? Genocide of a whole continent (Native Americans)? Invading countless countries? Even ones based on lies (weapons of mass destruction)? Installing US friendly dictators in South American countries? Torturing Iraqi prisoners for fun and sport? Would you like a full list of US atrocities?
Not to mention our history of unethical medical/human experimentation...but especially recently I think we and China have that pretty well in common ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: I7guy

avz

Suspended
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
It most certainly was not the US who created North Korea:

The ceasefire created North Korea as a country, Soviet Union have provided statesmanship competencies to make it into a state that does not take BS from anyone.

US and British usually destroy statesmanship competencies under the fake "virtue signalling" like the "No Independence Until The Black Majority Rule" in order to make sure that the countries go into chaos and therefore are easily controlled from the outside.

lysingur

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2013
Excellent. Feel free to make a further specification on which oppressor you prefer.
Note: I’m claiming it is an oppressive regime. I’m not saying China today is any better than the oppressive regime twenty years ago.
Feel free to employ logical fallacies in trying to protect your ego. It's also beyond hilarious that you're advocating not buying Made in China on a forum about Apple where almost every member owns an iPhone.

It's your choice not to buy anything made in China. I am not a fan of the CCP. But best to save your virtue-signalling for yourself and your loved ones.

Last edited:

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Feel free to employ logical fallacies in trying to protect your ego. It's also beyond hilarious that you're advocating not buying Made in China on a forum about Apple where almost every member owns an iPhone.

It's your choice not to buy anything made in China. I am not a fan of the CCP. But best to save your virtue-signalling for yourself and your loved ones.
What a ridiculous assumption mountain you picked. I’m not advocating to not buy anything from China but mentioned it is, and pretty well established at that, a communist oppressive state. It was that back when Apple started producing there and has kept that state going to this date. Steve and the board went there anyway. What you do with your money is absolutely your business but let’s not act surprised that China doesn’t align well with western values. It never has in recent decades.

Reactions: I7guy

lysingur

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2013
What a ridiculous assumption mountain you picked. I’m not advocating to not buy anything from China but mentioned it is, and pretty well established at that, a communist oppressive state. It was that back when Apple started producing there and has kept that state going to this date. Steve and the board went there anyway. What you do with your money is absolutely your business but let’s not act surprised that China doesn’t align well with western values. It never has in recent decades.
Back when Apple started manufacturing there, the general assumption was China would eventually liberalize with continuous injections of Western capital. That's the whole narrative when China joined the WTO. You were either in a coma or only started reading the news after 2010.

To say China has always been a communist oppressive state is pretty dishonest and revisionist. It's neither very communist (à la Soviet Union) nor has it been this oppressive until Xi took over.

You're just conveniently feeding on most Americans' ignorance of China. Go back and read the news about how enthusiastic the Nixon, Carter, and Clinton administrations were about Deng and the outlook of US-China relations during the entire period when China was opening up.

Last edited:

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Back when Apple started manufacturing there, the general assumption was China would eventually liberalize with continuous injections of Western capital. That's the whole narrative when China joined the WTO. You were either in a coma or only started reading the news after 2010.

To say China has always been a communist oppressive state is pretty dishonest and revisionist. It's neither very communist (à la Soviet Union) nor has it been this oppressive until Xi took over.

You're just conveniently feeding on most Americans' ignorance of China. Go back and read the news about how enthusiastic the Nixon, Carter, and Clinton administrations were about Deng and the outlook of US-China relations during the entire period when China was opening up.
Yup, the "would eventually" is a common issue in politics, wonderfully replayed in the Europeans assuming the same about Russia. Critique about China isn't new, and neither are many of its issues.

ninecows

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2012

But once again: If we keep humiliating China in public, making them “lose face”, then I’m pretty sure that the conservative forces in the party will be able to find someone who’s even worse to follow Xi. The same goes for Russia. They have plenty of hardliners that can follow Putin.

Is Xi (and Putin for that sake) really the types you want to play chicken with and offend? I think both of them are willing to hit the big red button first if pushed enough. And there’s no way you can prevent it. You cannot compare the current situation with Chamberlains “peace in our time”. Back then no country had the power to complete annihilate another country.

Sorry, but it’s simply too naive, outright dangerous and arrogant to ignore Xi’s feelings for Taiwan and where he thinks the line should be drawn. You have clearly read a lot on Chinese history, but seems like you have not understood anything.

If we don’t give them reasons to hate us, then they will have a harder time arguing that we are a threat and maybe - just maybe - they will find someone who’s more cooperative as their next leader.

lysingur

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2013
But once again: If we keep humiliating China in public, making them “lose face”, then I’m pretty sure that the conservative forces in the party will be able to find someone who’s even worse to follow Xi. The same goes for Russia. They have plenty of hardliners that can follow Putin.

Is Xi (and Putin for that sake) really the types you want to play chicken with and offend? I think both of them are willing to hit the big red button first if pushed enough. And there’s no way you can prevent it. You cannot compare the current situation with Chamberlains “peace in our time”. Back then no country had the power to complete annihilate another country.

Sorry, but it’s simply too naive, outright dangerous and arrogant to ignore Xi’s feelings for Taiwan and where he thinks the line should be drawn. You have clearly read a lot on Chinese history, but seems like you have not understood anything.

If we don’t give them reasons to hate us, then they will have a harder time arguing that we are a threat and maybe - just maybe - they will find someone who’s more cooperative as their next leader.
Who gives a crap if Xi or Putin is angry? Do you think they're going to launch a nuclear war?

You kept talking about their bottom line. What about our bottom line?

I know history and that's why I'm telling you: caring about a dictator's bottom line never works. It's a sign of weakness. Appeasement only invites more aggression.

More wars took place under Democratic Presidents than Republican Presidents. Why? Because Republicans tend to walk the walk when it comes to war.

Russia is a gas station with nuclear weapons. China is the most globalized economy in the world. They have much more to lose if they launch a nuclear war. Russia as a nation-state will cease to exist. Moscow will be wiped off the face of the Earth. So will Saint Petersburg. China will be cut off from global trade. They won't be able to grow crops because they import most of their fertilizers. There will be famine, widespread civil unrest, and perhaps even the overthrowing of the CCP. Meanwhile, North America is the most self-sufficient continent on Earth. We can grow our own food, we have our own oil, we can rebuild our manufacturing sectors quickly, we have two oceans to protect us from invaders, and we have the brightest minds in all of the advanced economies. So who should care about whose bottom line?

Please, sit down. You don't know enough to have a firm stance on this topic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: avz and MmkLucario

ninecows

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2012
Who gives a crap if Xi or Putin is angry? Do you think they're going to launch a nuclear war?
Yes I think they would - especially if provoked enough.

China has been self-sustained for thousands of years. Don’t be so naive and think that you are essential to their survival

avz

Suspended
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
But once again: If we keep humiliating China in public, making them “lose face”, then I’m pretty sure that the conservative forces in the party will be able to find someone who’s even worse to follow Xi. The same goes for Russia.
I have a feeling that you do not understand the US psychology as much as you think you do. There is a situation in some US movies where the master kills his servant who served him very well. I am not sure if it is easy for Chinese to understand this situation but I think that Xi understood it very well.

avz

Suspended
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia

You kept talking about their bottom line. What about our bottom line?

I know history and that's why I'm telling you: caring about a dictator's bottom line never works. It's a sign of weakness. Appeasement only invites more aggression.

More wars took place under Democratic Presidents than Republican Presidents. Why? Because Republicans tend to walk the walk when it comes to war.

Russia is a gas station with nuclear weapons. China is the most globalized economy in the world. They have much more to lose if they launch a nuclear war. Russia as a nation-state will cease to exist. Moscow will be wiped off the face of the Earth. So will Saint Petersburg. China will be cut off from global trade. They won't be able to grow crops because they import most of their fertilizers. There will be famine, widespread civil unrest, and perhaps even the overthrowing of the CCP. Meanwhile, North America is the most self-sufficient continent on Earth. We can grow our own food, we have our own oil, we can rebuild our manufacturing sectors quickly, we have two oceans to protect us from invaders, and we have the brightest minds in all of the advanced economies. So who should care about whose bottom line?

Please, sit down. You don't know enough to have a firm stance on this topic.
I am just glad that US has finally gave up on its "unacceptable damage" concept which was articulated very well by Biden when he mentioned nuclear Armageddon. The only way US citizens can ever repay their debt is with their own lives. Nobody ever said that capitalism will always be fun.

• Haha
Reactions: lysingur

lysingur

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2013
I am just glad that US has finally gave up on its "unacceptable damage" concept which was articulated very well by Biden when he mentioned nuclear Armageddon. The only way US citizens can ever repay their debt is with their own lives. Nobody ever said that capitalism will always be fun.
Nobody understands WTF you just said, but okay.

Last edited:

avz

Suspended
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
Nobody understands WTF you just said, but okay.
You sounded very tough in your previous post but now it seems that you are confused about the "importance of being tough". The fight for power is very different than the fight for money. People who fight for money are usually not willing to die. Biden is signalling that he is ready to die and in a way deserves respect.

lysingur

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2013
You sounded very tough in your previous post but now it seems that you are confused about the "importance of being tough". The fight for power is very different than the fight for money. People who fight for money are usually not willing to die. Biden is signalling that he is ready to die and in a way deserves respect.
Nah, I'm highlighting your convoluted way of expressing a simple idea. Nobody here is that tough. I've never seen a tough guy talking about the latest Apple product on forums. It seems you not only are pretentious but also have no context awareness either.

Despite Putin's posturing, Russia is no longer on the same level as the US or even China or India. As I said before, it's a gas station with nuclear weapons. You must be delusional to be tossing words like "respect" around. Nobody in international relations is worried about "respect". The only worry is not descending into a nuclear war with a madman that will incur mass civilian casualties.

But as I said before, even if it comes to that, Russia has more to lose than the US. If Putin really cares about the Russian people and Russia as a civilization, he should stop now. He already lost the war. It's time to send his boys home.

avz

Suspended
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
Nah, I'm highlighting your convoluted way of expressing a simple idea. Nobody here is that tough. I've never seen a tough guy talking about the latest Apple product on forums. It seems you not only are pretentious but also have no context awareness either.

Despite Putin's posturing, Russia is no longer on the same level as the US or even China or India. As I said before, it's a gas station with nuclear weapons. You must be delusional to be tossing words like "respect" around. Nobody in international relations is worried about "respect". The only worry is not descending into a nuclear war with a madman that will incur mass civilian casualties.

But as I said before, even if it comes to that, Russia has more to lose than the US. If Putin really cares about the Russian people and Russia as a civilization, he should stop now. He already lost the war. It's time to send his boys home.
You are obviously not on the "level" to discuss politics if you think that the ability to manufacture an iPhone is the most complicated thing on the planet. Do you know what it takes to build a nuclear power plant? Why did it take so long for the US to build its own rocket engine? If you wanted to project any sort of intelligence you would have compared countries on the basis of how quiet their submarines are.

US will have to retreat and admit that NATO is the continuation of what Hitler was trying to create. There is no way around it and I will not be surprised if US will eventually decide to leave the EU to its own defense means.

lysingur

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2013
You are obviously not on the "level" to discuss politics if you think that the ability to manufacture an iPhone is the most complicated thing on the planet. Do you know what it takes to build a nuclear power plant? Why did it take so long for the US to build its own rocket engine? If you wanted to project any sort of intelligence you would have compared countries on the basis of how quiet their submarines are.

US will have to retreat and admit that NATO is the continuation of what Hitler was trying to create. There is no way around it and I will not be surprised if US will eventually decide to leave the EU to its own defense means.
Quiet submarines, yeah, too bad Ukraine isn't an island. 😂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.