Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
And now we know why it was on the curb. Who knows, the power supply could be failing. I wouldn’t spend $1 fixing this up. But somebody may pick it up from you for like $20.

Reactions: Shattered68

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
Well i finally did the drive right, plugged it in powered it on to the boot screen. Clicked Mac OS X Installer, it spun for 10 minutes than turned off and won’t turn back on… Piece of junk…..
Maybe like @MBAir2010 suggested, the original owner tossed it not just due to age, but also maybe something faulty in the internals... I pray this isn't the case but it's possible.

Reactions: Shattered68

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Yea well it was worth a try fixing, even though we didn’t i appreciate everyone’s help! Thanks again everyone!
shame the iMac did not work, or have a port it note stating the problem.
we can toss computers away were we live.

as far as these older Macs:

My Mac mini 2012 won't power on since Saturday and I just accepted something went wrong
and i need to move ahead, My MacBook Pro 2012 is starting to act weird with small things so I might box that
and the macbook air 2010 which can't run High Sierra with a green lines in every online video now
which might get a reinstall of snow leopard
and I will use that with a canon LIDE30 1999 scanner
and scan every cartoon I drew and other pictures lfrom scrap books spanning 40 years.
since there is nothing to do outdoors from May to October in the afternoon where I live.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.