Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
The guy who tried to blow up a plane but failed to do so. Do you not consider him to be a terrorists just because he failed, just like you consider the Trump mob to not be terrorists just because they failed?
Why are we talking about him?

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
The gentleman in question was an armed protestor. Be honorable and admit I fulfilled your ask.
No, you were being disingenuous to drop an alarming image that was outside the scope of the discussion. It was an armed man at A capital. Just not the one n question. The Michigan event was cringey, but certainly peaceful. But it was not the event in question.

You made a mistake because you were uninformed and made a far too quick google search. Likely for “capital riot guns” or something. It’s ok. You made a mistake and then You became informed by me. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Razorpit

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
No, you were being disingenuous to drop an alarming image that was outside the scope of the discussion. It was an armed man at A capital. Just not the one n question. The Michigan event was cringey, but certainly peaceful. But it was not the event in question.

You made a mistake because you were uninformed and made a far too quick google search. Likely for “capital riot guns” or something. It’s ok. You made a mistake and then You became informed by me. ?
You know FULL well I'm talking about the second post I made. Why are you refusing to debate this in the proper fashion?

One man, Lonnie Coffman, is facing multiple weapons charges after police say they found him in possession of five guns, eleven Molotov cocktails, a crossbow, smoke bombs and a stun gun.

Coffman was arrested only because police were investigating pipe bombs that were discovered near the Capitol at the Republican Party and Democratic Party headquarters and noticed one of the guns in his truck while securing the area.

Authorities have said they don't believe Coffman was behind the pipe bombs and have yet to identify a suspect.

In charging documents filed with the federal district court in D.C., police said they searched Coffman’s truck while sweeping the areas around the pipe bombs, finding the weapons along with hundreds of rounds of ammunition and a list of public officials and journalists that identified them as “good guys” and “bad guys.”

“In the end, this is a defendant with access to firearms and numerous other lethal weapons, dangerous incendiary mixtures creating napalm, who appears to have been motivated to conduct violence against our elected representatives,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing.

“The defendant brought these weapons to the immediate vicinity of the U.S. Capitol Building, and traveled to the area with two firearms on his person. The amount of weapons suggests an intent to provide them to others, as no one person could reasonably use so many at once,” they added.

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
You know FULL well I'm talking about the second post I made. Why are you refusing to debate this in the proper fashion?
Debate what?

You either were trying to mislead with that image, or were uninformed.

There is nothing to debate.

Reactions: Razorpit

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Debate what?

You either were trying to mislead with that image, or were uninformed.

There is nothing to debate.

Are you trying to get a rise out of me? You know full well I'm talking about the TheHill post about Lonnie Coffman, the January 6th protestor who was arrested with a stash of weapons.

Address that, not the picture which was, yes, I agree, incorrect.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
on the contrary! he got away 4 years as prez without anyone getting proof positive that he wears diapers, thats a huge accomplishment imo
Pretty sure he also got to perfect his golf swing, he managed to grift himself a large sum of extra cash, and instigated the most violent uprising we've seen for many a year.

And yeah, he managed to convince and ungodly number of people that he had a clue what he was doing when it's painfully obvious he was utterly inept and totally out of his depth.

npmacuser5

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
You mean like taking over the healthcare industry, student loan program, establishing a department of education, complicit in the censoring of public discourse in social media, the forced closure of privately owned automoibile dealers, etc.?

Again I ask, what did laws/actions did Trump specifically do for you to call him a dictator?
Simple, Michael Flynn, Mike Lindell, the Miramar coup and the election BS. Trump cheered and did not condemn their actions supporting a direct overthrow of our country by force. Actions spoke as one who could care less about our Constitution. What more do you need?

incoherent_1

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2016
Unfortunately Apple does have the encryption keys to most of your data.

So what can one do about this?
Not true. They don’t have access to on-device data or keys, which by definition is “most” of my data.

They do have the keys to iCloud data, and this is what can be handed over to law enforcement. That said, the most valuable iCloud data is email, which is likely collected through other governmental agencies as we’ve learned through Prism, etc. (just being matter of fact, not saying I’m happy about it).

Cancelled
Nov 12, 2020
Not true. They don’t have access to on-device data or keys, which by definition is “most” of my data.

They do have the keys to iCloud data, and this is what can be handed over to law enforcement. That said, the most valuable iCloud data is email, which is likely collected through other governmental agencies as we’ve learned through Prism, etc. (just being matter of fact, not saying I’m happy about it).
Email, Reminders, Contacts, Calendar, Safari history should I keep on going?

So, yes it is true and you are wrong.

incoherent_1

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2016
Email, Reminders, Contacts, Calendar, Safari history should I keep on going?

So, yes it is true and you are wrong.
Haha! Again, you don’t seem to know what the words “most” and “on-device” mean. These are pretty basic concepts. And as I’ve already stated literally in the message you just quoted, email is already collected by other government programs.

Glad MR has a robust “ignore” feature lol. :D

Cancelled
Nov 12, 2020
Haha! Again, you don’t seem to know what the words “most” and “on-device” mean. These are pretty basic concepts. And as I’ve already stated literally in the message you just quoted, email is already collected by other government programs.

Glad MR has a robust “ignore” feature lol. :D
They are pretty basics concepts that seem to go over your head.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Carrying zip ties is not illegal.
For the sake of the guy that got arrested carrying those plastic restraints, I hope his lawyers use that defense. I don't think it will go too well though.

Fun fact......did you know you can get in trouble having a baseball bat in your car, despite it being legal to own, due to the intent of why you have it there?

Cancelled
Nov 12, 2020
For the sake of the guy that got arrested carrying those plastic restraints, I hope his lawyers use that defense. I don't think it will go too well though.

Fun fact......did you know you can get in trouble having a baseball bat in your car, despite it being legal to own, due to the intent of why you have it there?
No, but nothing surprises me anymore.

quatermass

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2009

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
This is disturbing no matter where you sit. Spying on members of Congress without just cause, would be a rather huge abuse of power.

but... but... Google and Facebook users said they have nothing to hide and we are all paranoid to think they collect our data?

Reactions: 9927036

Zab the Fab

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2003
If this is something you vaguely recall, I don't see how you can pass judgment on me comprehending the context of the statement.

And no, it was not the CDC. It was trump's national security advisor Robert O'Biran and his deputy national security advisor, Matt Pottinger, who briefed trump on January 28, 2020.

trump decided to play it down, not wanting to create a panic. “I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

Imagine having your doctor withholding a cancer diagnosis from you, not wanting to create a panic.
The deaths are inflated, the tests are manipulated. Trump was right, it did go away very fast. It's a new strain of the Flu.

The virus was used as a political tool. Minorities was used as a political tool. But when the president came along that enacted actual pro minority policies and fought the virus you hated him. You hated him because they told you a lot of reasons to hate him, and you don't want to know if they're true. Every time the lies are exposed, you move on.

Trump will be back in office, and this new surge of war in the Middle East, will once again be stopped. Minorities will rise once again. Trump beat the election fraud in 2016, but they were prepared with ballot-trucks in 2020. Right now the forensic audits are moving along, and they're spreading to more states.

The multinational media corporations will be voted out of office by the people of the United States of America.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.