Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polaris20

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
You don’t appear to know what Fascism is.

You sound very much like the fat gun nuts that claim everything is “communism”, when it is anything but that.
Wait, are you talking about me, or yourself? I do know what fascism is, communism is, etc. You sound like someone who's never been out of the US.

jjudson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
North Carolina
Democrats also appear to be quite happy with the Military Industrial complex...
Democrats have always been the war party -- as much as they would like to deflect that one to Republicans as well:

szVLCEs.png

• Love
Reactions: DanTSX and Razorpit

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
Democrats have always been the war party -- as much as they would like to deflect that one to Republicans as well:

szVLCEs.png
And considering how the media and democrats (oops repeated myself) fawn over the Bush'es now, I'd say you can add them to the D list. ;)

Reactions: DanTSX

ArPe

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2020
Donald Gump

Daddy always says life is like a box of hotels.

You never know which one you going to bankrupt next.

ArPe

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2020

szVLCEs.png
Sheeeeet dawg you act like major democracies and their weaker allies don’t have enemies.

It’s funny how some lunatics and extremists buy guns and ? to defend themselves against fictional lizard people but then they deny that real dictators and terrorists exist all over the world.

Foreign policy is a big difficult game with lots of room for error. Very easy for the enemies of democracies to confuse you, force you into useless wars, subvert your own population with misinformation and angst. Think of everything that can go right and everything that can go wrong. Everything that can happen will happen at different moments.

jjudson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
North Carolina
Sheeeeet dawg you act like major democracies and their weaker allies don’t have enemies.

It’s funny how some lunatics and extremists buy guns and ? to defend themselves against fictional lizard people but then they deny that real dictators and terrorists exist all over the world.

Foreign policy is a big difficult game with lots of room for error. Very easy for the enemies of democracies to confuse you, force you into useless wars, subvert your own population with misinformation and angst. Think of everything that can go right and everything that can go wrong. Everything that can happen will happen at different moments.
I should couch any further commentary by saying: I am absolutely NOT a Republican. In the end, both parties are corrupt, but in history (of which I'm an avid student), a special place is reserved for the unbelievable evil that the Democrat Party has placed on our country, culture, and its people -- especially minorities. I am a very hardcore Libertarian, and proud to be so.

That said, you mention our enemies. I would counter that the majority of our enemies are self-made. We spend an inordinate amount of time as a country pushing other countries around, often times in the name of "saving" them. We build resentments by sticking our nose where it doesn't belong. Our world view does not always reflect the world view of other peoples. Our military industrial complex has an investment in this intervention, no different than our private prison systems have a vested interest in incarceration.

There's an old meme: Not my circus, not my monkeys. Washington was right about foreign intervention (entanglements, as he called them). There's a lot of misery in the world. We can't solve it all, nor should we try. I am not willing to send my children to die for a people who won't fight for themselves, and resent us in the long run for fighting in their stead.

Lastly, your comment about gun ownership:

Our Second Amendment speaks of a "well-regulated militia", which is many times put up by the left in a total misreading of the rest of the text. Widespread gun-ownership by our people prevents two things. First, foreign invasion. This has been spoken of many times when questioned why the Japanese did not invade our mainland during WWII. An un-verified remark by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto points to why. "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." Whether he said it or not, the sentiment is correct. An invader would have a tough time crossing our shores in any conflict. Those "well-regulated militias" would pop out of every corner in the country to buttress our military might. This is exactly what was meant by that phrase in the Second Amendment. Militias are ad hoc, and only built as needed. But the populous should be armed as a preparatory measure should the need to form them arise.

Second, an armed populous is a prophylactic against the tyranny of our own government -- something that is always a real danger in any form of governance. The first step of any tyrannical government in history was to disarm their populous -- and with disastrous results for the people. The most horrific mass-murders in the world led by Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and Pol Pot began with these very measures. To think this could never happen in America is fallacy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Razorpit

HVDynamo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
All you need to read.
When the initial conversation is about Trump, it makes sense. It's within the context of the conversation. If the conversation was initially about Biden, then I would agree on the But Trump not applying. It's about the context of existing discussion. Congrats on missing my point.

HVDynamo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
So you're saying "honest" democrats would have voted guilty no matter what the evidence pointed too? The democrats impeached him twice on lies, to quote a phrase, "Do you not see the despicable game they are playing? They only do what favors them in the moment, nothing more."
Except the impeachment was NOT based on lies. That's the difference... I would agree that both sides should be held to the same standards equally. BUT right now, the Republican side of government is far more despicable. Doesn't mean the Democrat side doesn't also do some shady stuff, but when you compare them, right now they are the better of the two.

Silverstring

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2005
Our Second Amendment speaks of a "well-regulated militia", which is many times put up by the left in a total misreading of the rest of the text. Widespread gun-ownership by our people prevents two things. First, foreign invasion. This has been spoken of many times when questioned why the Japanese did not invade our mainland during WWII. An un-verified remark by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto points to why. "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." Whether he said it or not, the sentiment is correct. An invader would have a tough time crossing our shores in any conflict. Those "well-regulated militias" would pop out of every corner in the country to buttress our military might. This is exactly what was meant by that phrase in the Second Amendment. Militias are ad hoc, and only built as needed. But the populous should be armed as a preparatory measure should the need to form them arise.

Second, an armed populous is a prophylactic against the tyranny of our own government -- something that is always a real danger in any form of governance. The first step of any tyrannical government in history was to disarm their populous -- and with disastrous results for the people. The most horrific mass-murders in the world led by Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and Pol Pot began with these very measures. To think this could never happen in America is fallacy.
The principle totally aside, whenever I hear this argument, it becomes clear to me how much more confidence people have in the effect these "well-regulated" militias would genuinely have in a combat scenario than I do.

Of course I hope it never comes to pass and we don't get the opportunity to find out, but I'm not convinced that a rag tag bunch of cowboy (and cowgirl and cowpeople) yahoos—I'm not calling them stupid, just the personality type who would jump at the chance and has been dreaming about this—who are often big on buying "tactical" gear and living a pseudo-LARP, with no cohesive training and/or operations experience...wouldn't get in the way and impede the organized actions of the U.S. defense forces who know what they're doing.

There have been several examples from active shooter situations where some bystander attempts to "help" the first responders, and police desperately try to shoo them away so they won't give away a position, compromise a sightline, create confusion, etc.

Now scale up that same type of person/scenario 1000x—if not more—and I think these militias would be the Keystone Kops out there. Lots of friendly fire accidents. My suspicion is that foreign invaders would go on reddit or Facebook where these militias and "Patriots" often coordinate, and intercept so many compromising strategic communications.

You can't tell me that every other militia member wouldn't have a geotagged Instagram post of them geared up to the gills with wraparound sunglasses and an AR-15 and a caption like:

Die like a Lion, or Live Like a lamb. #countryfirst #truepatriot #wereready #America #doyourduty

Heck, people do that now, when there's no imminent threat of invasion!

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say I think there is a zero percent chance that critical information would be kept confidential. Especially without a cohesive, well-defined chain of command that enforces accountability and cohesiveness.

In my estimation, the invaders would just have to go on Twitter trending, scoop up a few hashtags like #militiasriseup, determine militia positions...and then send in an aerial assault that would render all the ARs, Glocks, Sig Sauers and M&Ps that the militias have into sticks in a missile fight, turning that kind of not-that-well-regulated militia defense into ash within minutes.

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
Except the impeachment was NOT based on lies. That's the difference... I would agree that both sides should be held to the same standards equally. BUT right now, the Republican side of government is far more despicable. Doesn't mean the Democrat side doesn't also do some shady stuff, but when you compare them, right now they are the better of the two.
Well except for the fact that Biden was on tape admitting there was a payout for removing a prosecutor in the first impeachment, and Trump never told anyone to enter the Capital building on the second one… ?

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
Wait, are you talking about me, or yourself? I do know what fascism is, communism is, etc. You sound like someone who's never been out of the US.
Russia right after fall of communism. UK, France, Spain, Norway, Canada,Mexico, Ireland, Bahamas. Canada was a long work/study. Argentina coming up later this year. South Africa potential for next year. Not really interested in passport stamp measuring contest, or certain what your point was with that challenge. Don’t really care.

Fascism hasn’t existed in any form in this world for a long time. Same goes for communism.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: polaris20

HVDynamo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
Well except for the fact that Biden was on tape admitting there was a payout for removing a prosecutor in the first impeachment, and Trump never told anyone to enter the Capital building on the second one… ?
For the first part, got a link you can share so I can see it?

For the second part... It's not that simple. Trump amped up the crowd and pointed them in that direction. Yes, he didn't explicitly say storm the capital building, but you really need to read between the lines of what he said and the effect it would have on the people that DID decide to storm the capitol. He did that knowing full well that some idiots would actually take things too far. He just gave them just enough of a push. Incredibly irresponsible for a president...

Reactions: J.J. Sefton

polaris20

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Russia right after fall of communism. UK, France, Spain, Norway, Canada,Mexico, Ireland, Bahamas. Canada was a long work/study. Argentina coming up later this year. South Africa potential for next year. Not really interested in passport stamp measuring contest, or certain what your point was with that challenge. Don’t really care.

Fascism hasn’t existed in any form in this world for a long time. Same goes for communism.
My point is you're choosing to ignore it all around you. In the US, and elsewhere. But carry on!

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
For the first part, got a link you can share so I can see it?

For the second part... It's not that simple. Trump amped up the crowd and pointed them in that direction. Yes, he didn't explicitly say storm the capital building, but you really need to read between the lines of what he said and the effect it would have on the people that DID decide to storm the capitol. He did that knowing full well that some idiots would actually take things too far. He just gave them just enough of a push. Incredibly irresponsible for a president...
Can't believe you haven't see this by now;

Put things in to perspective too. This all went down as the Wuhan virus was making it's way across the world. While the administration was focussing on shutting down travel and closing down the borders, congress was out forcing this lie on us.

"he didn't explicitly say storm the capital building", exactly. Then you can't impeach him for saying it/directing it. Democrats play these word salad games all day long, every day, and get away with it. Trump requested additional security for 1/6 and was denied by congress.

Pelosi turned the requests down, knowing there was discussions on Twitter/Facebook weeks in advance. Capitol police were sent home that day. This whole thing was nothing more than one of Chuck Schumer's "six ways til Sunday" ops to hit Trump on his way out the door.

Last edited:
Reactions: KennethS

polaris20

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
I thought your point was that I’m out of touch with the rest of the world?

Where is the fascism?
Not the rest of the world. The whole world. If you don’t see fascism, you’ve got issues. Have a nice day, and welcome back from vacation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.