Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Good news, for the ones who are bothered by this.

Not sure how long this setting has been there, I guess since 17.2. But you can now stop the autoplay of video when browsing in the store or in ATV+ sections. They've typically placed it under accessibility rather than having it in the app control section...

View attachment 2348640
It’s been there since at least March 2023 as thats when I first come across it.

Lee_Mac

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2020
Good news, for the ones who are bothered by this.

Not sure how long this setting has been there, I guess since 17.2. But you can now stop the autoplay of video when browsing in the store or in ATV+ sections.

It’s been there since at least March 2023 as thats when I first come across it.

It only became an annoyance since 17.2 for us as we very rarely used the TV app. Typically iTunes Movies, browse, save films to wish list. That has of course now gone for ever so now it became an issue :/

jsanders

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2014
I can't stand this AppleTV+ app. It's not organized well, they're trying to copy some fails from Prime. I don't care if it's iTunes or this new store, there is no reason you cram everything into one app along with everything else. We bought an AppleTV because we wanted more than a stupid AppleTV+ app! You can still have a store and 3 apps — appleTV+, tv shows, movies. Apple shot themselves in the head with this. If you want people to use AppleTV+, make it better, not worse!!!!!

Is there a way we can petition Apple to rid of this epic mistake!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.