Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
27 years later David Lynch is bringing the cult series Twin Peaks back.
Series 3 will start today on Showtime.
Anyone else watching it?

ThisBougieLife

Suspended
Jan 21, 2016
Northern California
I'll be interested :)

I watched the full original series on Netflix. I thought the first season and the first 9 episodes of the second season were excellent. The rest of the second season was so-so (and I don't just mean because it ended abruptly).

So I'll be curious what they've done with this.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I'll be interested :)

I watched the full original series on Netflix. I thought the first season and the first 9 episodes of the second season were excellent. The rest of the second season was so-so (and I don't just mean because it ended abruptly).

So I'll be curious what they've done with this.

Be sure to watch Fire Walk with me before checking out the new Twin Peaks. There are many references to it already. And keep in mind that this is NOT a new series but an 18 hour long movie, so don't expect cliffhangers at the end of each episode, or "soap opera" storylines.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
What did you think about the first two episodes???
I had nightmares.
Without spoiling it for people, it's a dream come true. I love the plot line. Casual watchers probably won't get it but for die hards it's pretty freaking amazing.

Reactions: yaxomoxay

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Just watched episode 3 and 4.
Just wow.

How did you see 3 and 4? Doesn't come out next Sunday?

NON_EXIS_TENT!!!!!

twin-peaks-brain-tree.jpg

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Episode 3 and 4 are available on the Showtime app (Apple TV etc).
Watch them together as they're totally crazy!

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
I wasn't disappointed with the new Twin Peaks.

Very David Lynchian, awkward scenes and dialog, strange visuals and music. Everything I've come to expect as a Lynch fan. Many things that make your hair stand up on end. :eek:

Its waaay out there if you're new to the series.
[doublepost=1495591439][/doublepost]And who the hell is this?

twinpeaks-3x01-0228.jpg

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Sigh. As a fan of Twin Peaks I'd love to see this, but I'm already paying for upgraded cable and HBO, so I am disciplining myself and resisting the temptation to tell my provider I also want Showtime.

Fans of shows like Game of Thrones...how long does it take until a season gets released on DVD?

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Sigh. As a fan of Twin Peaks I'd love to see this, but I'm already paying for upgraded cable and HBO, so I am disciplining myself and resisting the temptation to tell my provider I also want Showtime.

Fans of shows like Game of Thrones...how long does it take until a season gets released on DVD?

Showtime is 10$/month for 12 months on special right now. :D

at least thats what they gave me

I will need to get HBO for GoT and I'm yet to watch Westworld.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Reminded again of how good the original was. I was reading an article about the show, and it linked to a clip of the one of the finest scenes I've ever seen on television.

It's the one where, after we see Maddy killed by Bob -- in agonizing slow motion -- we cut to a totally different location (the Roadhouse), where the elderly waiter comes over to Cooper and says, "I'm so sorry." From the look on Cooper's face, he just intuitively knows "it has happened again"...and so do several other characters, who either look gut-punched or begin crying uncontrollably. All this while Julee Cruise is performing this really sad song. None of these people have seen Maddy's death or been told about it, they just know.

It was horrifying, incredibly sad, and hauntingly beautiful...all at the same time. An absolutely amazing scene. I don't know if anything I've seen since has equaled it.

Reactions: bluespark

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Be sure to watch Fire Walk with me before checking out the new Twin Peaks. There are many references to it already. And keep in mind that this is NOT a new series but an 18 hour long movie, so don't expect cliffhangers at the end of each episode, or "soap opera" storylines.
I'll watch it with you...................baby.............

Reactions: DrewDaHilp1

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I wasn't disappointed with the new Twin Peaks.

Very David Lynchian, awkward scenes and dialog, strange visuals and music. Everything I've come to expect as a Lynch fan. Many things that make your hair stand up on end. :eek:

Its waaay out there if you're new to the series.
[doublepost=1495591439][/doublepost]And who the hell is this?

twinpeaks-3x01-0228.jpg

I watched the four available episodes twice, and I analyzed some scenes (the beginning of episode 3!!!!) countless times.
I just love this show.

HelloooOOOooo
[doublepost=1496108040][/doublepost]
Reminded again of how good the original was. I was reading an article about the show, and it linked to a clip of the one of the finest scenes I've ever seen on television.

It's the one where, after we see Maddy killed by Bob -- in agonizing slow motion -- we cut to a totally different location (the Roadhouse), where the elderly waiter comes over to Cooper and says, "I'm so sorry." From the look on Cooper's face, he just intuitively knows "it has happened again"...and so do several other characters, who either look gut-punched or begin crying uncontrollably. All this while Julee Cruise is performing this really sad song. None of these people have seen Maddy's death or been told about it, they just know.

It was horrifying, incredibly sad, and hauntingly beautiful...all at the same time. An absolutely amazing scene. I don't know if anything I've seen since has equaled it.

The scene at the roadhouse during Maddie's murder is one of the best scenes ever devised in entertainment. It is happening again.

The new show is just ... as great. It's just insane.
[doublepost=1496108072][/doublepost]
I'll watch it with you...................baby.............

xoxo

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
I watched the four available episodes twice, and I analyzed some scenes (the beginning of episode 3!!!!) countless times.
I just love this show.

Kyle MacLachlan is playing three very different roles without much dialog. Very cool.

I've been watching the meeting with Evil Cooper and the FBI agents and the "Blue" scene over a couple times. Pretty interesting subtext.

I can just sink my teeth into all the surrealism. The show exists at the bottom of the rabbit hole thats for sure.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Kyle MacLachlan is playing three very different roles without much dialog. Very cool.

I've been watching the meeting with Evil Cooper and the FBI agents and the "Blue" scene over a couple times. Pretty interesting subtext.

I can just sink my teeth into all the surrealism. The show exists at the bottom of the rabbit hole thats for sure.

Have you noticed that badCooper doesn't say "I am very very pleased to see you" (to Gordon) but "I am yrev very pleased to see you", with the first very pronounced backwards?

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Have you noticed that badCooper doesn't say "I am very very pleased to see you" (to Gordon) but "I am yrev very pleased to see you", with the first very pronounced backwards?

Yeah i think I caught that.

Also i never saw FWWM so at first I thought Philip Jefferries was the AirForce guy from the original TP tv show, but now I find out its a former FBI agent played by David Bowie from FWWM. I guess I'd better watch.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Yeah i think I caught that.

Also i never saw FWWM so at first I thought Philip Jefferries was the AirForce guy from the original TP tv show, but now I find out its a former FBI agent played by David Bowie from FWWM. I guess I'd better watch.

Yes you do! It clarifies many things and the new series references it quite a bit

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
I'm reminded how bizzare this show is. It's pretty cool how decades later the show retains the same feel that the original had. So far I don't know what to make of it. Michael Cera's performance was hilariously awesome btw.

Reactions: BigHonkingDeal

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I didn't really like Cera's performance at first.
The following day his scene popped into my mind and I started laughing like an idiot.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Chapter 8 of Twin Peaks was the most Lynchian thing I've ever seen on television. Off the hook.

Yes!
I have no idea what I watched and I loved it!!! We finally saw "the birth".
Amazing episode (except the long NIN song).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.