Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Is this a new story, new setting, new characters?

We don't know anything about it yet. It might not even be related to Twin Peaks, and Lynch is not the most straightforward director... from a certain point I'd prefer that the new show had nothing to do with Twin Peaks; for me The Return is the perfect ending. I also would love to see something more a-la Lost Highway (a movie that I didn't care much at first, and now it's a movie I love; go figure).

I see that Twin Peaks: The Return is available on Amazon Prime for purchase, but for anyone seeing it for the first time, it would be less expensive to subscribe to Showtime for a month.
I would recommend the same (getting Showtime for a month).

I know you would recommend it, I would not other than as a curiosity or for some level of closure with the original series, although

Inconceivable!

I did enjoy Walk With Me. :)

ok, we're friends again :)

• Haha
Reactions: Huntn

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I hope it has a Twin Peaks connection! I think the TP world ended in Part 17, and if there is a connection, it would be based off of Part 18.

I think the same. A sort of spinoff that isn’t truly a spinoff. What year is this????

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I think the same. A sort of spinoff that isn’t truly a spinoff. What year is this????
Exactly. Like is the other universe with Carrie Page the real universe and Twin Peaks was all a dream? That's just one angle. But I don't feel the need for more "Twin Peaks", but the universe the Twin Peaks is in? Absolutely!

Reactions: yaxomoxay

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Exactly. Like is the other universe with Carrie Page the real universe and Twin Peaks was all a dream? That's just one angle. But I don't feel the need for more "Twin Peaks", but the universe the Twin Peaks is in? Absolutely!

Same here. I don’t need more TP, however as Mr C said “I don’t need, Ray. I want.”

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
For real. I was like “this is disappointing”, then I had this strong feeling of happiness.
Same here, man. That "blue skies and golden sunshine, internally" bit put a really big smile on my face, something that hasn't happened that much recently. That man is a treasure.

• Love
Reactions: yaxomoxay

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
A dream has come true. Tonight I had the opportunity not only to see some of the cast of Twin Peaks, but also to take selfies with them and even chat a bit.

IMG_3532.jpeg

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
my God, this just leaked, and right now I am behaving like a teen Taylor Swift hardcore fan at one of her concerts.

IMG_7568.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.