Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EdT

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE
Security and privacy are two different things. Privacy is how one’s personal information is handled. Security is not that. So on a scale of 1 to 10 for privacy, I give apple a two.
Security and privacy are 2 inter-related things. An insecure OS cannot guarantee a high degree of privacy.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Security and privacy are 2 inter-related things. An insecure OS cannot guarantee a high degree of privacy.
But still not the same. Privacy is the stated policy of the handling of your PII. Different than the security needed to prevent zero day hacks into your computing devices.

thederby

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2007
Austin, TX
Security and privacy are two different things. Privacy is how one’s personal information is handled. Security is not that. So on a scale of 1 to 10 for privacy, I give apple a two.
does your scale go negative? where do the other players rank on your scale?

Privacy is the stated policy of the handling of your PII. Different than the security needed to prevent zero day hacks into your computing devices.
ok, now I'm even more curious how you rank apple 2/10 on their "stated policy of handling of your PII".

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
does your scale go negative? where do the other players rank on your scale?
Sure, there can be any scale as long as all agree to the subjective definitions. I haven’t read the other players policies in detail. Maybe you can start if by detailing your thoughts.

ok, now I'm even more curious how you rank apple 2/10 on their "stated policy of handling of your PII".
I move read it, I’ve downloaded my data. Apple gets an “A” for affort, as they say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.