Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
Feels like temperature is in the low teens tonight.

Yeah, I live in Central New York and we are down to 28° as of right now, with a windchill of 23°. Rain all damn day tomorrow and then Tuesday snow...blahh.

This is the time of year where I suffer a little bit with "Seasonal Affect Disorder" though not diagnosed. Loved winter when I was a kid, but now...I despise it. Oh well, it is part of life!

Hope you all have a safe winter!

:apple:

Reactions: LizKat

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Yeah, I live in Central New York and we are down to 28° as of right now, with a windchill of 23°. Rain all damn day tomorrow and then Tuesday snow...blahh.

This is the time of year where I suffer a little bit with "Seasonal Affect Disorder" though not diagnosed. Loved winter when I was a kid, but now...I despise it. Oh well, it is part of life!

Hope you all have a safe winter!

25 in NH right now (southern). I was on the tennis courts this afternoon.

I left a water bottle in the car but it's only half full. It will probably be solid ice in the morning.

• Haha
Reactions: LizKat and SRLMJ23

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
25 in NH right now (southern). I was on the tennis courts this afternoon.

I left a water bottle in the car but it's only half full. It will probably be solid ice in the morning.

Yeah, I was on the golf course probably for the last time today. Just played nine as it was cold to start with, and continued to get colder.

Also...not that fun when you are cranking brand new Titleist balls in the woods every now and then. I cringe every time that happens because that is basically $5.00 down the drain, and I know someone will find that ball and carry on using it...just bothers me, however, I should not be hitting balls in the trees!

It was just too cold to even get warmed up today, and I had all the proper cold weather gear on.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
In the Catskills last couple nights, temps have been in the high teens and the days only hitting low 30s. But now it looks like we're headed back into pretty balmy weather, considering we're nearly to end of November.

Forecast is for a high of nearly 60 tomorrow and lows will then be in high 30s, even 40s, until around Tuesday. Means the couple inches of snow that stuck to ground in the past few nights will take a hike, probably helped along by a little rain.

I don't mind cold weather at all... but the grey days can seem brutal combined with early dark as we run out to the winter solstice. My least fave time of year... it's here!

This is what I need: a better cleaner.

November Clouds Abound.jpg

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
We're getting all of 8 hours of daylight now where I live in Scotland. It's glorious for waking up and seeing the sunrise (8AM), but it sucks that I can't go to a pub have a meal and whisky by a fire after 6PM (COVID-19 lock-down). Can't wait for the Solstice.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Got down into the 20s last night in NYC - our first hit of truly cold weather for the year. Doesn't look like it'll last though, which is nice. I generally don't mind colder weather, but once it gets down into the 20s I start whining. :D

• Haha
Reactions: D.T. and LizKat

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Got down into the 20s last night in NYC - our first hit of truly cold weather for the year. Doesn't look like it'll last though, which is nice. I generally don't mind colder weather, but once it gets down into the 20s I start whining. :D

I remember winters in NYC... the rivers all around it make the weather truly brutal with the winds even if air temps often hover in the mid 30s. When I forgot to wear a scarf I could bring up around my face for the last block from the train and walking towards the Hudson River, my attempts to put a good face on it all ran to mutterings like "This is not the worst thing I have ever faced this is not the worst this is not this is...HELL FROZEN OVER." I've lived in Great Lakes areas where it does get colder but only Chicago seemed competitive with NYC for wind chill -- and in NY you got it regardless of which way you faced.

• Haha
Reactions: dmr727

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I've lived in Great Lakes areas where it does get colder but only Chicago seemed competitive with NYC for wind chill -- and in NY you got it regardless of which way you faced.

My wife and I have lived here for just over 4 years, and you’re not kidding about the chilly winds! We’re also both from the west coast, so colder weather is somewhat new to us. I’ve gotten good at layering and have decent cold weather gear, but I swear that wind finds ways to get through!

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
43 right now, working our way up to a balmy 45 today! We're going to be in the 30s for the bulk of the next week. We are dodging a major winter storm that is going to hit east of us. I like winter, so I'm a little bummed about that, but we're expecting to get some pretty decent winds from the system, so the 30s this week will be feeling much colder. Clouds are starting to move in already, so we'll be saying goodbye to the sun shortly.

It could be worse though! I have family in Fairbanks, AK. Lots of single digit and below zero temperatures coming their way this week! They're expecting a "very warm" 20 above on Tuesday

Reactions: millerj123

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
43 right now, working our way up to a balmy 45 today! We're going to be in the 30s for the bulk of the next week. We are dodging a major winter storm that is going to hit east of us. I like winter, so I'm a little bummed about that, but we're expecting to get some pretty decent winds from the system, so the 30s this week will be feeling much colder. Clouds are starting to move in already, so we'll be saying goodbye to the sun shortly.

It could be worse though! I have family in Fairbanks, AK. Lots of single digit and below zero temperatures coming their way this week! They're expecting a "very warm" 20 above on Tuesday

Playing tennis outside today.

Reactions: iOS Geek

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
Playing tennis outside today.
Not a bad idea, actually! I live in a neighborhood that has a tennis complex for the residents. It's still open, you just have to use your own equipment if you want to play, instead of using the equipment stored at the clubhouse (COVID rules). Doesn't matter how cold it is, as long as it's not snowy/icy...I'd play!

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I actually miss the north country snow we didn't have snow here last year and so far this year it's barely gotten cold

Yeah last year I was shocked at so little snowfall. My driveway was plowed ONCE. Usually it's ten or twelve times at least. Not sure what to budget for that gig this season. Hedged my bet and figured half the usual amount but stuck the other 50% in savings account "just in case" a La Nina forecast isn't quite right for the Catskills. I'd prefer colder weather this time of year anyway, because it usually means it's not as cloudy. This greyness making "darkness at noon" almost a reality in the runup to the winter solstice is hard on the spirit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.