Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Northern California is back to winter weather. It's rainy, chilly, and dark again. Some people are happy for the delay in the heat.
It got up to 26 C today in Geneva, 24 yesterday. Sunny mostly and some cloud. We will lose about 10 degrees by Tuesday with rain in the forecast. Good for my allergies, not for my mood.

Reactions: bousozoku

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It got up to 26 C today in Geneva, 24 yesterday. Sunny mostly and some cloud. We will lose about 10 degrees by Tuesday with rain in the forecast. Good for my allergies, not for my mood.
It was about 12 degrees C today here. We'll be up to 30 or so soon and not look back until September but people are sick due to the roller coaster weather.

Reactions: decafjava

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Oh yea people here too, a student just texted me he will be absent as he feels unwell, though that might be due to other reasons (weekend fun?). ;)

• Haha

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Uh, it’s cold.

Not really…

2024-04-22 04.33.24.jpg

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Yes. In August when the average high temp is 110º. Last year we had a couple 120º days and I don't even want to talk about 2020.
My first year in Central Valley of California it was 112 degrees F for 10 days straight. It wasn't quite so bad after living in Orlando, FL area where it feels like 120 degrees F every hurricane season day.

Reactions: Huntn and eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
My first year in Central Valley of California it was 112 degrees F for 10 days straight. It wasn't quite so bad after living in Orlando, FL area where it feels like 120 degrees F every hurricane season day.
Yeah, it's a 'dry heat' as we say out here. There's absolutely no way I'd choose to live in a state with humidity like Florida. My family visited my grandmother in Sioux Falls once when I was a teen and the humidity just about killed me. I was miserable the entire time.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Yeah, it's a 'dry heat' as we say out here. There's absolutely no way I'd choose to live in a state with humidity like Florida. My family visited my grandmother in Sioux Falls once when I was a teen and the humidity just about killed me. I was miserable the entire time.
I don't remember it feeling so cold in California and we lived in San Jose where it's generally moderate.

I'm originally from Japan and am happier in humid climates.

Reactions: eyoungren

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Favorite quote “Yeah, but it’s a dry heat.” :D We were in a Vegas once at 110F and even though you don’t sweat, you bake… 😳

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Favorite quote “Yeah, but it’s a dry heat.” :D We were in a Vegas once at 110F and even though you don’t sweat, you bake… 😳
You get used to it to a certain extent, but as I get older I like it less. The fact that it's warm was one of the reasons I chose to move here 24 years ago. But, I was 30 then - what did I know?! :D

Still, I will take this heat over humidity any day.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
You get used to it to a certain extent, but as I get older I like it less. The fact that it's warm was one of the reasons I chose to move here 24 years ago. But, I was 30 then - what did I know?! :D

Still, I will take this heat over humidity any day.
Believe it or not I’ve gotten used to it or the humanity is not normally that bad in the Houston area, while there are definite periods of time during the hot months after rain where the humidity is very high. 😑

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.