Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which 15 Pro are you getting?

• Total voters

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Shipped will only appear when the courier has it though, or this is how it worked when I got my launch day deliver. Preparing to ship started When it left China I think. Fingers crossed there some movement over the weekend.

oooo green bar has moved 😂

***Ignore that, web site slightly different to the store app…Same as it was yesterday on the web page.

View attachment 2298915
FYI, launch phones were never shipped directly from China. They were already in the UK with Synchreon in Hinckley and then distributed to the various couriers to deliver. In the US they’re still shipped directly to customers from China.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Just checked JL website. fri 20.10 11.14am.. still got a black 512 15pm
How odd!

12:08 20th October

1697800150873.png

darabo

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
For those in the London area, how quickly do Apple Stores in the area restock iPhone 15 Pro Max models?

I'm hoping I can order to buy and pickup a 256gb white or natural model while I'm there for a bit starting next Saturday.

MrJM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
For those in the London area, how quickly do Apple Stores in the area restock iPhone 15 Pro Max models?

I'm hoping I can order to buy and pickup a 256gb white or natural model while I'm there for a bit starting next Saturday.

I think most stores get stock daily.

Lee_Mac

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2020
I have a feeling, it may not come from China but from warehouse in Europe (Ireland?). Logically around that time they have to fulfil their inventory before holiday season. I noticed Apple likes to deliver at the beginning of estimated range so 4-5 days left including weekend and it is unlikely it will go straight from China in my opinion.
They come via East Midland airport and straight into a distribution centre in Tamworth typically. They then dish them out to the various couriers. Can't remember what they are called, Styreon or something like that.

To save your blood pressures, the green bar is meaningless - it only moves in relation to the label changing. If you look in the code of your order, you'll see a `currentStatus` key. Once that changes, the green bar will move, and it will look slightly different depending on your device, screen, browser size etc. I have a script checking mine every minute, because I'm a giant loser, which one day I may make available to other Apple losers to save the whole Green Bar Envy and keep everyone up to date on their extravagant purchases :)
It's called having a bit of fun. Of course I know it means nada lol

Lee_Mac

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2020
FYI, launch phones were never shipped directly from China. They were already in the UK with Synchreon in Hinckley and then distributed to the various couriers to deliver. In the US they’re still shipped directly to customers from China.
Just said the same in another post. Although not so sure about the launch day phones as the USA lot can track them leaving via UPS. Like we used to be able to years ago. Take all the fun out of it now not being able to see the exact flight they are on :(

Reactions: ConvertedToMac

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
They come via East Midland airport and straight into a distribution centre in Tamworth typically. They then dish them out to the various couriers. Can't remember what they are called, Styreon or something like that.

It's called having a bit of fun. Of course I know it means nada lol
Syncreon. Big logistics hub in the Midlands.

Reactions: Lee_Mac and Dead0k

bigtel

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2016
Same for me, what’s the usually delivery time from past peoples experience after it’s moved to this? A few days?

Lee_Mac

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2020
Finally! Same I have - Preparing for Shipping on my order 15 Pro black, from Sept 28 (Delivery placeholder Oct 24-31)

Although on my other order 15PM Black from Sept 30, with a placeholder for Oct 25+ has no movement yet. Probably it will happen tomorrow.

btw, there was no email confirmation about status change :)
I'm guessing it will depend on which factory/country the orders will be fulfilled from. I know there was a lot of variation when I got my launch day 15PM when they moved to preparing. No email yet but my original date was brought forward a few days. I noticed it way before I got an email about the change.

Same for me, what’s the usually delivery time from past peoples experience after it’s moved to this? A few days?

I guess it depends on where the item is. If this follows the same path as launch, preparing to ship started when they dispatched them from their factories. Actual shipped was the evening of the day before when the courier actually received the item from Hinkley. I think we'll be looking at Thursday or Friday delivery. Fingers crossed it's Wednesday :D

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Finally! Same I have - Preparing for Shipping on my order 15 Pro black, from Sept 28 (Delivery placeholder Oct 24-31)

Although on my other order 15PM Black from Sept 30, with a placeholder for Oct 25+ has no movement yet. Probably it will happen tomorrow.

btw, there was no email confirmation about status change :)
Well my order was the 22 Sep and my dates are still 10-17 Nov.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Does anyone know how they organise manufacture by colour and storage?

Do they do something like make Natural Titanium for a day, or two, or three, then switch to Blue/Black/White? Similarly 256/512/1024 GB. Or do they have multiple parallel lines? Or can they switch dynamically - almost device by device?

Just trying to get my head around the organisation required to produce and distribute the vast numbers of devices involved.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Does anyone know how they organise manufacture by colour and storage?

Do they do something like make Natural Titanium for a day, or two, or three, then switch to Blue/Black/White? Similarly 256/512/1024 GB. Or do they have multiple parallel lines? Or can they switch dynamically - almost device by device?

Just trying to get my head around the organisation required to produce and distribute the vast numbers of devices involved.
I doubt anyone outside of Apple and its manufacturing partners knows this unless someone has access to insider information. 🤔

Reactions: polyphenol

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
I doubt anyone outside of Apple and its manufacturing partners knows this unless someone has access to insider information. 🤔
You are probably right. But there does seem to be some sort of connection between colour and time to delivery.

And at least one car company produced a video which showed them able to switch colour car by car down the paint and assembly line. That is one way fragments of information sneak out. :)

Reactions: Mr.C

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
You are probably right. But there does seem to be some sort of connection between colour and time to delivery.

And at least one car company produced a video which showed them able to switch colour car by car down the paint and assembly line. That is one way fragments of information sneak out. :)
It’s probably just the lighter colours are more popular hence longer lead times.

lvleleven

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2022
Cancelled my upgrade, the hype has passed and I want to move away from EE, so hopefully one of you gets bumped up a place as I ordered 4th October.

Reactions: Beards
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.