Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

betman

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
I'll be in London over the weekend, any other offers out there or is the Boots one the best one at present?

betman

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
Any offers available at present? Planning on being in London in two weeks' time and it would be great to be able to pick up some iTunes cards/credit at a discount...

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
I picked up a £25 card for £20 at Morrisons last Saturday. I'm not sure how long the offer is on though.

Since this kind of thing is of interest to most people reading MacRumors, would it be possible to have _one_ page with a link reserved for this kind of thing? And I don't mind if it mixes US, UK and others (as long as posters are clear where it is, although "£25 card for £20" is kind of a giveaway :D ). And listing the posts with the newest first instead of oldest first would be great!

betman

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
Any places with discounted iTunes cards at present?

Am in the UK until Tuesday and would like to stock up on cards if there's any promo going on at present. Is the Morrison's one still running or is that one over already?

betman

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
I ended up buying loads of cards yesterday at Boots in order to stock up for the coming months. The deal they have is 20 quid for a 25 value card.

The same deal seems to be available at Argos as well if you look at the section holding the cards. It says to quote some code at the checkout counter to get a similar 20 for 25 deal.

Is this as good as it gets, shaving 5 Pounds off of a 25 GBP card? Or are there sometimes more aggressive offers at other times of the year?

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
I ended up buying loads of cards yesterday at Boots in order to stock up for the coming months. The deal they have is 20 quid for a 25 value card.

The same deal seems to be available at Argos as well if you look at the section holding the cards. It says to quote some code at the checkout counter to get a similar 20 for 25 deal.

Is this as good as it gets, shaving 5 Pounds off of a 25 GBP card? Or are there sometimes more aggressive offers at other times of the year?

I have _once_ managed to get £40 for £30 at WHSmith; that's 25% off. £25 for £20 is usually the best you'll get; 20% off.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
25% off for 24 hours using PayPal Digital Gifts

Thanks for the tip! And all the time people complain that Apple takes 30% of all iTunes sales... Not on the next £50 pound that I pay. Apple pays £35 to publishers/developers. I paid £37.50 to Paypal. Not much left...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.