Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

betman

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
I need to stock up again towards the end of January, so hoping to get at least 20% off.

Any specific stores have these promos more often than others? So far I think Boots, WH Smiths + supermarkets have been the places where I have seen deals.

Also, how is Google Play in the UK when it comes to discounts - is 20% fairly easy to get, or are there better deals worth waiting for?

HouseACA

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2011
I got an email through from Paypal saying they're doing 20% off (again), so I topped up another £15 (costing £12).

Paypal's offers come up regularly, but don't always let you buy as little as £15 which is on offer now, sometimes only offers either £50 or £100.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
I got an email through from Paypal saying they're doing 20% off (again), so I topped up another £15 (costing £12).

Paypal's offers come up regularly, but don't always let you buy as little as £15 which is on offer now, sometimes only offers either £50 or £100.

Not had an email yet, but thanks for the post.

'Offer is available from Monday 22 December 2014 12:01 am GMT to Wednesday 31 December 2014 11:59 pm GMT only while supplies last; limited quantity of codes available for this offer. PayPal Digital Gifts may withdraw or vary this offer at any time and for any reason.'

Time to spend your Christmas money folks!

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
UK iTunes Gift Card Offers

Looking at picking up some of the Digital Box Sets on iTunes while they're on offer, but trying to get an even better price. Anyone know of anywhere running offers on iTunes gift cards in the UK currently?

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Looking at picking up some of the Digital Box Sets on iTunes while they're on offer, but trying to get an even better price. Anyone know of anywhere running offers on iTunes gift cards in the UK currently?

Unfortunately I think you have just missed most of the 20% off offers that have been around during xmas :(

These guys do discounts, I get my xbox keys from them.

http://www.cdkeys.com/itunes

Like their FB page and get another 5% off.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005

Using gift card offers requires planning. Buy cheap cards when they are available. Just a few days ago PayPal offered 20% off - offer valid to the end of 2014. You missed it. These things come up regularly every few months, and that's when you need to act, not when you want to buy a box set.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Using gift card offers requires planning. Buy cheap cards when they are available. Just a few days ago PayPal offered 20% off - offer valid to the end of 2014. You missed it. These things come up regularly every few months, and that's when you need to act, not when you want to buy a box set.

Indeed. When these offers crop up I tend to load up my account to a total balance of £150, which tends to see me through quite a long time.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005

Yeah,not be fair this is all part of my New Years resolution to buy most of my content from iTunes rather than blu Rays and that was set off by the deals that started the other day lol.

Still went to sainsburys today and found em at 15% off, grabbed enough for my immediate uses.

betman

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
Heading to the UK soon - any offers currently available on the high street?

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Haven't seen anything for a while.

PS. Taking it all back: Cheap gift cards are everywhere suddenly. Sainsbury's is selling cards at 15% rebate. (Plus a voucher to get 5p per litre off petrol). Boots has 15% off. HMV sells 2x£15 for £25, that's 16.66% off.

Last edited:

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
After gleaning hints of some % reductions from the HotUKDeals app, I spent the best part of a lunch hour the other day on a fruitless quest for discounted iTunes cards.

Ended up buying a £25 code for £17 via Tesco Clubcard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.