Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dodgeroo

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
Try sitting on the loo :eek:

Don't have to actually do anything, but I find that when the universe sees that I'm 'otherwise engaged', then that's when the doorbell rings.

Works every time :p

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Update to my last post, called UPS and I actually spoke to a 'normal' person (ie he actually had a personality!), he told me that deliveries in NI are until 7pm tonight and that they have had an unbelievable amount of calls today about iPad deliveries... So I thought that I should wish him good luck!

As I was typing this, another white van came up my street, but performed some kind of magical disappearing act :confused: oh well!

KENTW

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2009
Just called TNT AGAIN - guy was actually really nice and said my iPad was on the way this afternoon - between 2 and 4..... If it really happens i will reverse all the bad things i said about TNT - IF......

HawkEye40

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2008
Just called TNT AGAIN - guy was actually really nice and said my iPad was on the way this afternoon - between 2 and 4..... If it really happens i will reverse all the bad things i said about TNT - IF......

What number did you use to get through to TNT? 0800 100 600 isn't working for me (no answer)

linfieldfc

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2010
Update to my last post, called UPS and I actually spoke to a 'normal' person (ie he actually had a personality!), he told me that deliveries in NI are until 7pm tonight and that they have had an unbelievable amount of calls today about iPad deliveries... So I thought that I should wish him good luck!

As I was typing this, another white van came up my street, but performed some kind of magical disappearing act :confused: oh well!

well if their tracking system didnt suck so bad then their call centre staff wouldnt be suffering from concerned customers. I would at least like to have known am or pm del which isnt beyond the realm of possibility using todays technology

ordan77

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
Yippeeee :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's here... Hurrah!

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting... Hope you get your apple-y goodness soon :D

SiGeb

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sorry for the delay...

Missed our delivery yesterday (was at work) but picked up from UPS depot in Tamworth at 08:00 this morning...

NOT BEEN ABLE TO PUT IT DOWN SINCE!!!

More excited than Steve Ballmer at a developers conference!!

Its genuinely is a magical bit of kit and, for those still waiting, it's DEFINITELY worth it!

macgeof

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2005
Sheffield:UK
Got bored with communications with TNT - their 0800 number is down - so I went and collected from Rotherham depot. Now proud owner of 32GB WiFi iPad (and camera connection kit). Gotta feel for those of you not yet got yours, but please also try and understand the hassles of getting through to TNT are not the receptionists fault at their depots. The one in Rotherham hardly had any time to put the phone down between calls, but she was managing to smile through it all. My advice is if you still haven't got yours, try ringing and arrange to pick it up unless it's out for delivery - if so hold tight and if it doesn't arrive go pick it up once it return to the depot. Obviously this is easy being a car driver and not too far from Sheffield to Rotherham.

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
I agree. Got annoyed with TNT a bit yesterday but they were doing their very best to cope last night with all hands to the pump and staying professional and friendly. The directors who did this deal with Apple and put the frontline teams under so much pressure should reflect on their planning approach which was clearly inadequate.

TNTExpressUK

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2010
TNT Apple iPad deliveries

We know you’re excited to receive your new iPad! We’re excited too! We want to let everyone know what’s going on today as best we can. By noon today, Friday 28th May 2010, we’ve successfully delivered 80% of the iPads received by Apple.

Delivery times
We worked late into the night yesterday to deliver some of your iPads and will do the same tonight. We won’t be able to answer any specific questions about where your package is on the road, but we can let you know if it’s out for delivery via our tracking page at http://cgi.tnt.co.uk/trackntrace/trackntrace.asp. In many cases, we’ll attempt to deliver later in the day so that we don’t miss anyone who might not be home, so please bear with us.

If we do miss anyone, you’ll be left details for how to contact us for re-delivery.

Tracking Statuses
If you’re visiting the tracking page and it says:

Query - please call our Customer Care line on 0800 100 600. We’re receiving a very high volume of calls, so do keep trying.

Out for delivery - you package is due to be delivered as soon as possible. We can't give you an exact time but our drivers will be doing everything they can to get your iPads to you.

TNT Customer Care Line 0800 100 600

As always, we promise to do our best to answer your enquiries. Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that we will be able to provide specific package location responses.

In the meantime, we hope you have a very happy iPad day! We may not be able to respond to every comment, but we'll let you know of any important announcements.

HawkEye40

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2008
That post from TNT is awesome, thanks :) I rang the Stanstead depot directly having not been able to get onto the customer care line, he told me that deliveries are slow because of an influx of apples, must be GRanny Smith season :)

I have just got mine now though! Driver told me that the Stanstead Depot was only expecting about 200 iPads, instead they have 5000 to deliver.

Hexxeh

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2008
We know you’re excited to receive your new iPad! We’re excited too! We want to let everyone know what’s going on today as best we can. By noon today, Friday 28th May 2010, we’ve successfully delivered 80% of the iPads received by Apple.

Delivery times
We worked late into the night yesterday to deliver some of your iPads and will do the same tonight. We won’t be able to answer any specific questions about where your package is on the road, but we can let you know if it’s out for delivery via our tracking page at http://cgi.tnt.co.uk/trackntrace/trackntrace.asp. In many cases, we’ll attempt to deliver later in the day so that we don’t miss anyone who might not be home, so please bear with us.

If we do miss anyone, you’ll be left details for how to contact us for re-delivery.

Tracking Statuses
If you’re visiting the tracking page and it says:

Query - please call our Customer Care line on 0800 100 600. We’re receiving a very high volume of calls, so do keep trying.

Out for delivery - you package is due to be delivered as soon as possible. We can't give you an exact time but our drivers will be doing everything they can to get your iPads to you.

TNT Customer Care Line 0800 100 600

As always, we promise to do our best to answer your enquiries. Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that we will be able to provide specific package location responses.

In the meantime, we hope you have a very happy iPad day! We may not be able to respond to every comment, but we'll let you know of any important announcements.

Kudos for coming on here to say that! You got mine to me 8am yesterday, which was excellent! Nice to see some companies still do go the extra mile for their customers. :)

crut

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2009

10/10 for finding the thread and posting a comment - hope that this launch isn't too hectic for you guys! Almost certainly you'll get some respect points for letting people know! Enjoy a nice cold drink when the day is over!

theycallmesteve

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
I think TNT and UPS have done a sterling job...

I reckon that Apple completely miss judged demand in the UK - It is clear that they had a stock pile in the UK, but then had to bring in another shipment from China, and then had to push the shipping date back for anyone not ordering day 1.

I think this is why they used two courier companies and started releasing them a day early. They've shifted a LOT of iPads.

I think the numbers when released will be quite staggering...

:apple:

parish

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
That post from TNT is awesome, thanks :)

Kudos for coming on here to say that! You got mine to me 8am yesterday, which was excellent! Nice to see some companies still do go the extra mile for their customers. :)

10/10 for finding the thread and posting a comment - hope that this launch isn't too hectic for you guys! Almost certainly you'll get some respect points for letting people know! Enjoy a nice cold drink when the day is over!

+1 to all of the above :)

TNT delivered mine yesterday lunch-time.

Hope those still iPadless people on here are soon holding theirs in their hands (hmm, sounds a bit risqué, but no innuendo intended :p )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.