Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asfafa

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2010
Bridgwater, Somerset, UK
A tale of woe for me...

(TA5, Bridgwater, Somerset)

It was out for delivery yesterday by TNT. I had called TNT up the night before to let them know that our new postcode wouldn't be in their satnav and left them my phone details to call me for directions.

No phone call. I called in the afternoon to be told that it would be delivered before 6pm, and I again left my phone number. Nothing, so I resigned myself to getting it the next day.

I called TNT at lunch time today to find out that yesterday, the driver couldn't find my address and returned all the way to Manchester at the end of his shift along with my package! Obviously didn't try to contact me. TNT assured me that it would be delivered today - a driver on the SameDay service would be bringing it down from Manchester.

At 2pm, I called again and the helpful call operator said that she tried to call someone at the depot to determine the status of the package but was out for lunch. She would be left a message to call me once she was back from lunch.

3.15pm and no-one had called, so I call again. It seems that the driver couldn't find my address (again), and hadn't called me either, and now it is sitting in Worcester, and it will be out for delivery tomorrow! The operator has made sure that my contact details are passed along. Grrrrrr! I am pretty angry to say the least. I will be calling again tonight and first thing tomorrow to make sure that the driver has my contact details!

Having been here for nearly two months, only TNT out of all the other couriers have failed to get in touch or ask for directions when delivering stuff for us.

paul

KENTW

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2009
0207 231 0455 is the London City depot.
Cheers and good luck

Mine is here - thankyou TNTm you kept your word and good job on posting a message on here..... will make a lot of people have a little more confidence in you.

Boblister

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2008
North West UK
We know you’re excited to receive your new iPad! We’re excited too! We want to let everyone know what’s going on today as best we can. By noon today, Friday 28th May 2010, we’ve successfully delivered 80% of the iPads received by Apple.

Delivery times
We worked late into the night yesterday to deliver some of your iPads and will do the same tonight. We won’t be able to answer any specific questions about where your package is on the road, but we can let you know if it’s out for delivery via our tracking page at http://cgi.tnt.co.uk/trackntrace/trackntrace.asp. In many cases, we’ll attempt to deliver later in the day so that we don’t miss anyone who might not be home, so please bear with us.

If we do miss anyone, you’ll be left details for how to contact us for re-delivery.

Tracking Statuses
If you’re visiting the tracking page and it says:

Query - please call our Customer Care line on 0800 100 600. We’re receiving a very high volume of calls, so do keep trying.

Out for delivery - you package is due to be delivered as soon as possible. We can't give you an exact time but our drivers will be doing everything they can to get your iPads to you.

TNT Customer Care Line 0800 100 600

As always, we promise to do our best to answer your enquiries. Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that we will be able to provide specific package location responses.

In the meantime, we hope you have a very happy iPad day! We may not be able to respond to every comment, but we'll let you know of any important announcements.

I have nothing but admiration for you guys. You have been courteous and helpful to me in what must be very stressful and difficult time. Your operators have ben very polite and the delivery guy was the same which amazes me considering.

LaNex

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2010
I have to add my voice to the praise of the courier services.
I get many many deliveries as I shop exclusively online. As a result I am on very good terms with all my local delivery drivers and they are a friendly lot. My iPad was delivered by UPS by the regular chap, and although he must have been run off his feet he passed the time of day with me as usual and wished me a nice time with my iPad. The couple of customer service bods at UPS i spoke with with various queries before it arrived were plainly busy also but patient with my questions, despite the fact that they must have heard them a thousand times that day. So well done TNT and UPS, you really have done a sterling job.

Here's hoping that anyone still waiting will get theirs soon.

sparkie1984

macrumors 68030
Dec 20, 2009
a small village near London
top job tnt!!

its good of you to post on here,

you delivered mine yesterday so top job for that!

my only gripe was the tracking system had some problems, but im sure its just down to demand

i hope youve paid your staff well over the last few days

mattyuk

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2009
Cumbria
We know you’re excited to receive your new iPad! We’re excited too! We want to let everyone know what’s going on today as best we can. By noon today, Friday 28th May 2010, we’ve successfully delivered 80% of the iPads received by Apple.

Delivery times
We worked late into the night yesterday to deliver some of your iPads and will do the same tonight. We won’t be able to answer any specific questions about where your package is on the road, but we can let you know if it’s out for delivery via our tracking page at http://cgi.tnt.co.uk/trackntrace/trackntrace.asp. In many cases, we’ll attempt to deliver later in the day so that we don’t miss anyone who might not be home, so please bear with us.

If we do miss anyone, you’ll be left details for how to contact us for re-delivery.

Tracking Statuses
If you’re visiting the tracking page and it says:

Query - please call our Customer Care line on 0800 100 600. We’re receiving a very high volume of calls, so do keep trying.

Out for delivery - you package is due to be delivered as soon as possible. We can't give you an exact time but our drivers will be doing everything they can to get your iPads to you.

TNT Customer Care Line 0800 100 600

As always, we promise to do our best to answer your enquiries. Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that we will be able to provide specific package location responses.

In the meantime, we hope you have a very happy iPad day! We may not be able to respond to every comment, but we'll let you know of any important announcements.

This is brilliant. Thanks for coming on and helping the other folks out.

pfft

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
I can't believe that this is all still going on. 2 full days of deliveries.

P.S. I love my iPad, 7 hours non-stop use last night in work, bit of emailing and book reading when I got home. Emails and browsing this morning and still 39% battery reamining. Brilliant.

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
JonnyIreland:

please tell me you have your ipad now :cool::D:apple:

Well, I was getting ready to leave the house at 5pm, still iPad-less. I went upstairs to grab my jacket -when I got a knock on the door. Yep, one tired-looking delivery driver had arrived!

I just had time to unbox it, check the screen for defects and plug it into my MacBook for syncing... Then had to leave :eek:

I just got back, which is why I am only posting my good news now.

This iPad is amazing, it's all been said before I know but it is so intuitive, especially for iPhone owners -only better. I love it already.

LaNex

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2010
Jonny, I am genuinely glad to hear that. I have been waiting for the last peeps to get their iPads because its been such a journey for us all. Sounds a touch sentimental but it's de troot.

sparkie1984

macrumors 68030
Dec 20, 2009
a small village near London
Well, I was getting ready to leave the house at 5pm, still iPad-less. I went upstairs to grab my jacket -when I got a knock on the door. Yep, one tired-looking delivery driver had arrived!

I just had time to unbox it, check the screen for defects and plug it into my MacBook for syncing... Then had to leave :eek:

This iPad is amazing, it's all been said before I know but it is so intuitive, especially for iPhone owners -only better. I love it already.

Yaaaayyyy really pleased for you mate

Tyrion

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2002
TNT is the shi*ttiest delivery company in the world. They are screwing up this launch in Switzerland like you couldn't imagine. Most people got their iPads either on Thursday or today, but I'm still waiting - mine has been collecting dust in a warehouse about 70KM from where I live since yesterday morning. They're doing special deliveries tonight and tomorrow, but the mere fact that it's 9 p.m. on launch day and I haven't got it yet is infuriating. Someone who just waltzed into an Apple Store here in Switzerland today already has their iPad, and I - who preordered very early on - AM STILL WAITING :mad:

I'm about to break something.

Elise

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
London

Yayyy well done Jonny! :D

I'm rather sad as I'm sure this thread will die a quick death now....

Touchstone64

macrumors regular
May 10, 2010
Manchester, UK
Took my iPad into work today - loads of people wanted to see it, even the Apple-haters. Hilarious. Within five minutes of using it, each one went from "it's just a big iPod Touch" to "hmmm, 16GB or 32?." :eek:

Bentron

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
The users of this thread should have an annual reunion :)

Here here! I don't know why but this thread has made me feel patriotic. No idea why, but anyway, a reunion thread sounds good, perhaps in a week or two weeks, after we have all had sufficient play time. :)

technobear

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2007
Switzerland
TNT is the shi*ttiest delivery company in the world. They are screwing up this launch in Switzerland like you couldn't imagine.
yeah I had a big problem with them too, but they finally delivered!
The frustrating part was they genuinely seem to not have a clue where each package was, or any idea of when it my be delivered .. Rather poor for a logistics firm.

Good luck with getting yours, they were promising to deliver them all today when I last spoke to them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.