Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Maxim-

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2011
13.4 seems to have slowed down my data usage. However, I am mostly on Wifi these days... so it's too early to celebrate.

Reactions: ftaok

upandown

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2017
13.4 seems to have slowed down my data usage. However, I am mostly on Wifi these days... so it's too early to celebrate.
I've noticed the same thing. My Uninstalled Apps currently shows 1.2mbs. It should still be 0 but, progress?

Reactions: -Maxim-

upandown

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2017
I haven’t been monitoring this issue lately but I’m on iOS 13.5 and recently signed out then back in from iCloud. (For a difference reason) My ‘uninstalled apps usage’ is currently staying at 0.

Last edited:

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
I haven’t been monitoring this issue lately but I’m on iOS 13.5 and recently signed out then back in from iCloud. (For a difference reason) My ‘uninstalled apps usage’ is currently staying at 0.

The good news: my uninstalled apps is also at zero.
The bad news: DNS Services under System Services is now at 498 MB.

It seems like the data issue is still there, it’s just being labelled as something else now.

I just installed iOS 13.5, so I’ll keep an eye on it and see if that makes a difference.

upandown

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2017
Very interesting. Do you have any idea what DNS services could mean in this context? NSA peeking in to our devices? Ha ha ha

DRAMTOR

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2020
I just noticed this issue on my iPhone XR. I got a notification from my carrier that I’ve used 90% of my 8GB of data and I have 11 days left in my billing cycle. My data usage is usually around 4GB per month, so this was pretty strange. I noticed that System Services and Uninstalled apps we’re taking up the majority of my data usage. I Reset my statistics and am keeping a close eye on this now.

This seems to have started around the time I installed iOS 13.3.
Watch this. For one month because of using 13.7 IOS version cellular data was up to 354 GB! including mysterious uninstalled apps item! I have reported the following to apple within a chat (because there is no more email support) and they told me that was a problem with Telcel (my career network provider). But Telcel had told me that they are based on what the device reporta to them! So I Have been charged for 750 USD by Telcel only for this month! and all is Apple’s fault!:
This is to report and make a claim because of an extremely, unjustified and un-supported increase of cellular data usage upon one of the latest updates of the IOS Software version (currently ver. 13.7 – 17H35)

As you can see in the attached image the current period has more than 354GB!!!! Even for apps that are disabled for Celular Data Usage and disabled for Background App Refresh !!!! How that can it be!!!!???

Also, how that mysterious entry called “Uninstalled Apps” can consume 16.8GB of Data??!!!

Network Carrier Company (Telcel) has billed me for $4,464 MXN/ $223 USD as you can see in the image below!! Because of your fault and bugs in your software updates!!!

Additionally, I have accessed to this Forbes article that explains that this mayor issue is caused by Apple IOS 13: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...o-max-u-iphone-xs-max-xr-update/#7c7b2691485e

So, I need from you a full refund of this ASAP before recurring third parties support. Also, me, all my employees, friends will stop using Iphones

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So, I need from you a full refund of this ASAP before recurring third parties support. Also, me, all my employees, friends will stop using Iphones
Sounds like you may want to follow up with your carrier and/or Apple.

• Love
Reactions: Jada34

humpbacktwale

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2019
Funnily enough, I also noticed this over the past year on my device. However, after updating to ios 14, the category is gone completely. Maybe now the issue has been addressed.

Cancelled
Jan 27, 2020
Funnily enough, I also noticed this over the past year on my device. However, after updating to ios 14, the category is gone completely. Maybe now the issue has been addressed.
I still see the "Uninstalled Apps" using some mobile data in iOS 14 from time-to-time. Not a lot, but it's still there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.